Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #1696
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,906
People always ask Ewa aren't you scared on the bike to which she respond's I cant see forward so I don't see anything that might be dangerous, lets hope she doesn't see this video

I dont know why I didn't get this sort of cam alooooong time ago its fun.

rideforsmiles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #1697
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

This is a bit of topic but it goes along with my love of football, when you talk about football sometimes it gets around to the best goal you have ever seen, I always tell the story of this one I saw as a kid but had not seen it again over all these years and now in some circles it has been acknowledged as the best goal ever check it out and see why, it really is a great team goal.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:37 PM   #1698
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We left San Salvador this morning but firstly I had to take Ewa up the post office to post her postcards then I came back and rode Danielle into town to get her visa extension, I had to see about another memory card for the helmet cam in the big shopping centre near where she was going anyway so it was no problem plus I got to get another beautiful girl on the back of my bike, I said bye bye to Ewa as we rode off and said I might be back in an hour or so I dropped Danielle off and then went to the shops and came back and grabbed a burger while I waited for her, nothing like dosing up on the fat count while im waiting.

Ewa sending her postcards back to Poland.

Danielle from New Jersey, those jersey girls are as fine as they say they are in the movies what movie I have no idea.

Ill be back trust me Ev

Adios amigorette

Got to love a civilized country

Pretty fine shopping malls they have around here it really is very westernized and modern in a lot of San Salvador quite unexpectedly.

We hit the road after I got back and packed the bike and headed towards Honduras we didnt expect to cross the border it makes it easier to be totally prepared and fresh when you do these things and it helps to keep the smile on your face even when things dont go smmoothly as sometimes happens.

The ride down to the border was that video I posted so pretty uneventful scenery wise but fun all the same, the temperature got up to 37 so warmish, ive taken the sleeves off my jacket so that makes the heat alot more bearable. We ended up in thise little village near to the border in some quaint little hotel yeah quaint seems a nice enough word for it, look it wasnt much but what more do you expect out in the boondocks of El Slavador, the family was really nice and Ev was chatting away to the little guy who was interested in the bike.

The people of El Salvador are so nice and friendly I couldnt speak highly enough of everyone we have had the good fortune to meet in the all to brief time we have been here, if you are riding through do yourself a favour and allow a little bit of time for El Salvador it really is worth meeting the people you will be just as impressed as both Ewa and I have been.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 02-08-2014 at 10:17 PM
Old 02-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #1699
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Here's a few pictures of our all to brief time in El Salvador

The sunsets were quite nice down along the coast.

Leaving San Salvador.

Quite a few volcanos down in this part of the world, the roads are really very good the traffic is sort of slow but everyone seems to be very happy to use the road in any fashion they choose but not hit each other and there is no aggression whatsoever, I really enjoy riding in these roads, though you do have to be vigilant as you might come around a corner and find yourself going into a 10 foot hole at any time. I saw plenty of that in San Salvador, the sewer system runs down the middle of the road then all of a sudden you will come across one with out a man hole cover and it is a long way down if you hit it, or should that read along way up then down if you hit one.

There is a tiny little kid in the back of this truck so cute sitting all alone by himself huddled under the cover he had, it's just how they roll down here and I think it's great.

Heading south out of San Salvador

The local biker cops are really friendly none have pulled me up but always wave and smile at us. I really couldn't speak highly enough of all the Police and Military guys we have come across they have all been very friendly in every country so far, lets hope that continues.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 02-10-2014 at 04:30 AM
Old 02-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #1700
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Just like to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone that has had a hard time of crossing the El Salvador Honduras border, we went through both sides in around and hour and we were off riding into Honduras, it certainly pays to know exactly what is going to be expected of you with copies and stamps etc etc I even had to throw half a cigarette away on the El Salvadorian side cause it was so quick.

Everywhere we go everyone loves Ewa, it makes me sick, what about me, nobody likes me for me anymore, its all about Ev, this is the Honduran customs guy, he came out of his office to have his picture taken with her, I think I might have to dump her

Looking back towards El Salvador

My Polish fixer, all the border crossing you do are pretty straight forward Immigration Aduana copy this copy that its no real drama I had liked it in the past in Africa cause I could communicate with everyone but here its a little harder though usually there is a few of the fixers that speak English and Ill talk to them till they realize im not going to need them and they walk off but its nice to get some local info out of them when I can.

Ill blog in more detail about the crossing tomorrow.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 02-09-2014 at 07:32 PM
Old 02-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #1701
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Ev just started her blog here in Advrider it is in English but she will be uploading a Polish version as well for her family and friends. It is called "A Polish girls view of the world from the back of a motorcycle"

I think her fist picture is of her in a bikini, well ok its probably not if I had any input into it would of been, If you see any derogatory things about me tell me so I can make her walk to the next town.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #1702
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,731
Subscribed to yours first, and now Ev's threads. Should be interesting reading.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #1703
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post

Cheers mate, she is a little worried how it may come across as grammatically incorrect sometimes having some teaching in her background but im sure it will be more legible than mine.

Thanks for following us

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 02-10-2014 at 04:33 AM
Old 02-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #1704
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideforsmiles View Post
Cheers mate, she is a little worried how it may come across grammatically sometimes having some teaching in her background but im sure it will be more legible than mine.

Thanks for following us
Tell her she writes better than a lot people who speak English as a first (or only) language.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #1705
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

This video wont be of much interest to you unless you are planning on crossing the El Salvador Honduras border at El Amatillo.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #1706
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post

Thank mate at least I know you were reading my blog first it's all I've got against her now, her blog better not get a million hits or Im going to feel like I have a real small dick, I might have to break her computer make her blog on a phone that will slow her up
Old 02-10-2014, 04:15 AM   #1707
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

OMG look at this chick will ya the beds unmade, I haven't eaten for a few hours and could do with a snack and she is just lying there like the Queen of Sheeba, next thing you know she will be scratching her nuts, well let's hope not anyway. This blogging for herself better not cut into my massage time or their will be hell to pay.

So here we are riding down this back street in a small little town here in Honduras when a few guys start waving and shouting at us, I think to myself meh better go say hello to these gangsters they will just cut us off around the block if I don't, so we turn around and go back, as we pull up out of a restaurant pile a few more, turns out they are the young local bikers and saw us go up the street and wanted to say hello. What a nice warm welcome we have received into Honduras so far, we are both liking Honduras a lot, and again we are just amazed at just how friendly all the locals are, I guess it helps when you are always told they are all gun toting lunatics but in reality just like you and me they are nice, well you anyway.

The boys jumping all over the bike, I'm pretty sure by the look of what they were riding they haven't been on to many BMW's so they were loving it. I know some people don't like people on their bike but as much as I love my baby it is just a possession and if by letting someone sit on it and can bring s smile to their face its all good to me.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 02-10-2014 at 04:35 AM
Old 02-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #1708
Cariboostrom
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Sheldon, what's with the turquoise coloured strap running up and over your bike? To hold your tank bag on? or?
Cariboostrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #1709
Charmin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideforsmiles View Post
Ev just started her blog here in Advrider it is in English but she will be uploading a Polish version as well for her family and friends. It is called "A Polish girls view of the world from the back of a motorcycle"

I think her fist picture is of her in a bikini, well ok its probably not if I had any input into it would of been, If you see any derogatory things about me tell me so I can make her walk to the next town.
I ll continue to follow you I can not uderstand Ev blog.

Sheldon pisze swój własny blog, więc jeśli ktokolwiek chciałby poznać jego wersję zdarzeń (prawdziwa wersja jest oczywiście moja wersja ;-) znajdziecie go klikając w poniższy link (www.ride4smiles.ocm)

Charmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #1710
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboostrom View Post
Sheldon, what's with the turquoise coloured strap running up and over your bike? To hold your tank bag on? or?
Hey Danielle, at one point my tank bag had broken so I used it to keep it on the bike securely, the second reason I kept it there was after losing so many pairs of gloves and sunglasses when I stopped I now just hook them under the strap as soon as I get off the bike, I would think, no I know it has saved me hundreds of dollars