User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #2131
Blue Icebreaker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Thumb

Thank you for sharing this Sheldon. It sounds great and nostalgic at the same time - for you both. Having the courage for the adventure of a lifetime and then keep going, separate ways, in pursuit of dreams, whatever they may be... you're both such an inspiration. Thanks mate.
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. Morihei Ueshiba

Blue Icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #2132
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 2,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Icebreaker View Post
Thank you for sharing this Sheldon. It sounds great and nostalgic at the same time - for you both. Having the courage for the adventure of a lifetime and then keep going, separate ways, in pursuit of dreams, whatever they may be... you're both such an inspiration. Thanks mate.
Thanks for all the messages of support through here and Facebook its really appreciated. Its a difficult decision to make for both of us you don't spend 24/7 together over nearly 18 months and get real close. We are still discussing everything and beach walks along the promenade here in Matinhos is the perfect place for doing just that.

I have been known to change my mind but as I keep saying to Ev I don't think I'm old enough for children. I know the arguments of what joy kids can bring I've got two and for quite a few years did the single parent deal. Bringing kids into the world isn't something you want to be half hearted about. Who knows, there is positives to both sides of the story maybe I should just toss the coin. Ev just says your not going to toss a coin about kids ha ha what she she doesn't know wont hurt her.
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #2133
Rider John
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Excellent ride report! Thanks for sharing. What camera are you using?
Rider John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #2134
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,729
Thumbs down

bummer, 4 stars...

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
vintagespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #2135
OldTriumphRider
Livin the Dream

Oddometer: 128
Idea

Maybe you'al should just go help out at a local daycare for kids , oh , about a month and then decide....just a thought... and at night when you go to bed you could play a recording of a baby crying , just to get you ready...just joking...no I'm not!

I have been known to change my mind but as I keep saying to Ev I don't think I'm old enough for children. I know the arguments of what joy kids can bring I've got two and for quite a few years did the single parent deal. Bringing kids into the world isn't something you want to be half hearted about. Who knows, there is positives to both sides of the story maybe I should just toss the coin. Ev just says your not going to toss a coin about kids ha ha what she she doesn't know wont hurt her.[/QUOTE]
OldTriumphRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #2136
OldTriumphRider
Livin the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
bummer, 4 stars...
wow , kick him while he's down! ...lol
Old 07-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #2137
TonsOfFun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
No advice for you in that department mate, you're on your own, do what you got to do, whatever that is.
TonsOfFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #2138
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Go ahead mark my blog down, I will pump it back up by keeping Ev's G-strings and keep the flesh coming, MY FLESH

As for us atm we have ventured south to San Francisco del sur to Pereira's place a 5 bedroom 4 bathroom 2 pool house one house back from the beach so another beautiful place to relax take it all in a work it out. I'm on phone internet so will try and get a few pictures up as I have been a little slack with the blog lately but its been really well needed to have a break and just relax.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #2139
v4play
Throttlephile

Oddometer: 31
Sheldon I have really enjoyed following your blog! Your outlook towards life is inspiring after your terrible accident. It's great to see you enjoying yourself so thoroughly!! Ewa and you have had a wonderful run together. We will miss her if she decides to head home.

Looking forward to a future post when you are back in Europe, and Ewa ..realizing her great mistake..comes running back to your arms begging for forgiveness!
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #2140
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4play View Post
Sheldon I have really enjoyed following your blog! Your outlook towards life is inspiring after your terrible accident. It's great to see you enjoying yourself so thoroughly!! Ewa and you have had a wonderful run together. We will miss her if she decides to head home.

Looking forward to a future post when you are back in Europe, and Ewa ..realizing her great mistake..comes running back to your arms begging for forgiveness!
Hahahaha now your just being nasty posting pics like that couldn't you have just voted my blog down
That is so funny but brings a tear to my eye at the same time, what great memories we both share.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #2141
OldTriumphRider
Livin the Dream

Book

When this is over it will be a book ! you will make a fortune,,, then Hollywood and a movie ! " Love story on a motorbike"
Then you can ride around the world doing book signings , a limo will follow with all your kids , with a nanny ofcourse,,,,,and you'll need a P.R. person to tell you where your going next ,,,, endless! and I thought this blog was bout just riding motorbikes ! wish I wasn't so damn old ,I'd leave tomorrow looking for a young babe to hop on the back and start me a story!
But I do wish both ya the best what ever you do . I've spent countless hrs reading your blog and looking at great pix, if it stops , I'll feel like I lost a friend!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #2142
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

This is the real reason we are going our separate ways it has deteriorated so badly now, No means No honey. Click o the link I have forgotten now to embed a video off Facebook and with my phone internet it will never be uploaded again in my smug mug account.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...88620465722087

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 07-08-2014 at 04:54 PM
Old 07-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #2143
v4play
Throttlephile

Oddometer: 31
+ on that! An Aussie and a Pole falling in love on a German bike in Latin America!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTriumphRider View Post
When this is over it will be a book ! you will make a fortune,,, then Hollywood and a movie ! " Love story on a motorbike"
Then you can ride around the world doing book signings , a limo will follow with all your kids , with a nanny ofcourse,,,,,and you'll need a P.R. person to tell you where your going next ,,,, endless! and I thought this blog was bout just riding motorbikes ! wish I wasn't so damn old ,I'd leave tomorrow looking for a young babe to hop on the back and start me a story!
But I do wish both ya the best what ever you do . I've spent countless hrs reading your blog and looking at great pix, if it stops , I'll feel like I lost a friend!
Old 07-08-2014, 11:11 PM   #2144
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4play View Post
+ on that! An Aussie and a Pole falling in love on a German bike in Latin America!

And they lived happily ever after, well for 2 minutes anyway.

And thanks for all those kind words Old and the rest, the support I, we get from everyone through messages emails and on Facebook is great. Whatever is decided between Ev and me I know my adventure is not over, I've got a few places I want to ride yet Russia Mongolia and the Stans are on that list. The incentive for me to keep going is my eldest son Jared will be in Canada by the end of the year, he is cruising the States right now so that gives me an excuse to ride up there to see him. Thanks again and I will get some photos happening soon the internet is crapola here in Brazil.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 07-08-2014 at 11:22 PM
Old 07-09-2014, 01:30 AM   #2145
Steve1962AUS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Question More unwanted advice

There is a lot more to think about besides becoming a father Sheldon.
I was on my way on a world trip in 1988 on a BMW K100rt, when I met a Norwegian bird, got married, lived in Norway for a year or so then had 3 kids.
The 2 boys were born here in Australia and my daughter was born in Norway.
We moved back to Norway for my daughters birth and stayed there for 3 years.
Then moved back to Australia where we have lived ever since.

It sounds like you have made your decision but you also have to consider a few things if you changed your mind.
How would Ewa feel bringing up kids away from her family on the other side of the earth?
Would you be happy living permanently in Poland? I was miserable for 90% of the time living in Norway. Great place and nice people but the cold got to me as I love the Australian summers and it's very expensive to live there.

Anyway, we've been married 25 years now and the kids have grown up, and I seem to spend most of my time these days dreaming of completing my trip as I only got as far as the Sahara in Algeria.

Whatever you two decide you'll certainly have plenty of memories and I hope you remain long term friends.

Hope I didn't bore you to death with my verbal diarrhea.
Cheers from Newcastle.
BTW it was 0 degrees celcius last night.
Steve1962AUS is offline   Reply With Quote