Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #2206
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 2,051
And people think riding around Central America is dangerous.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 08-18-2014 at 08:12 PM
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #2207
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

So after scaring me like that with looking a prams I went home packed the bike and we hit the road north.

As we left the Ibis hotel where we had stayed in Santos I let Ev used a trolley to carry the gear to the bike I thought it was a good opportunity to let her try out what it will be like to push me around if she stays with me, walking is so overrated Im nearing joining the buggy brigade and Im going to love it, all I got to do is live long enough.

The car ferry leaving Santos to the north.

It was a nice ride along the coast, its nothing awe inspiring but nice all the same with little beach towns every 10 or 15 k's.

You could stay in any one of them but the one we chose was Sao Sebastiao an old historic town, I like the old towns they are all very similar in that they are near some sort of port and they have an island in front of them which would of given the pirates in the old days and escape route if the good guys, or bad guys depending on whose side you were on came a knockin. I'm pretty sure I was on the good guys side of the ledger in my previous life and I've carried that nice guy tag into this realm, yep Im back on the weed obviously, I needed something after the pram incident weeeeeeeeeeee

The hotel we stayed at was a nice enough place, right in the main part of the historic town but again fairly expensive, I'm starting to understand why everyone just shoots down the gringo hwy on the other side of the continent. There's a few reasons for it I see, one it is expensive and two is the language barrier. This morning we went for breakfast in the hotel and they had run out of bread rolls, no big drama I think I'll just duck down the shop and buy a few more for everyone, well two shops later and not being able to get that I wanted bread rolls out and not having the phone with me to translate I gave up and went back with the shits that I couldn't have the breakfast I wanted. I think if you spent much time here by yourself you would either have to be very comfortable with your own company, have at least a basic grasp of the Portuguese language or have a sweet little Polish girl with you to amuse you oh and don't forget your money.

When it comes to the local jibber I've got a few terms down, the polite stuff you know the obrigrado's etc and the people sort of understand Espanola when Ewa talks to them but with my crap way of pronouncing anything I know in Spanish the Brazilians have absolutely no idea what the hell Im on about and like this morning I just gave up.

San Sabastiao

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 08-18-2014 at 08:13 PM
Old 07-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #2208
HPTuner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
You say nobody could understand your jibberish, huh?
HPTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #2209
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPTuner View Post
You say nobody could understand your jibberish, huh?

I cant help it if people don't understand the Queens good English my kind sir, let me translate some of it for you Americans following along on my most joyous adventure.

Well, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle, this ain’t my first rodeo and with ya bein Umurkin and all, I be hearin ya, "I ain’t unnerstand nuthin’ he sed must be some farn talk". But I cant be helpin ya'll understandin it'b be like the engine’s runnin’ but ain’t nobody driving an I bin ridin all day and I sure am tarred so you varmint's be jus sittin back grabbin yaself some tator fries corn squeezins and be having a good time.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:49 AM   #2210
HPTuner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
You ain't right! Nice beach pic, too!
HPTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #2211
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We left San Sebastiao and headed north the next morning, it was a nice enough town but really a walk for a few hours was enough for me even though we did discuss finding a laundry to do our washing. Ev's become a bit slack she definitely doesn't have any African in her or she would of just found a rock, some water and Id be wearing clean clothes again, don't ask me why I don't do it, that would be just a stupid question Im a man after all and was afflicted with domestic blindness as a child, it's just one of life's challenges I have to cope with and one I deserve a little bit more sympathy for than I get.

We rode along the coast I have a video which ill try and upload later it shows just the nice ride it was, nothing exceptional mind you just a nice ride. We arrived at Toninhas Beach and pulled off the road and onto the beach. It seemed like a nice place and where we parked was right in front of a resort, it looked a bit expensive for us so we went back over to the little pousada next door to ask about the price, ok 260 Reis or 130 bucks no thanks. Ok lets get back on the road and find something, there was heaps around, oh what the hell lets ask in this flash joint and see. Ev goes in I've had a cigarette and have started the bike and giving the beep beep when she comes back out and says its 70 bucks. What the hell lets get it its only 11oclock and we can check in right away its an apartment over looking the beach, sweet.

Being able to cook meals certainly saves you some money so 70 bucks isn't so bad and it will be nice to be able to have home cooked meals again I think staying in Periera's house in Ensenada beach has spoilt me now, oh shutup or ill take the silver spoon out of my mouth and smack you with it.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 07-27-2014 at 03:20 PM
Old 07-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #2212
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

After a couple of days relaxing and walking the beach cooking nice meals I was time to hit the road north, I hadn't realized that Paraty the next town we were heading to was only 75 kilometres away so it didn't take us long to get there. Aong the way over the last few days riding the bike has picked up a pretty bad miss, Im hoping it is just petrol and it will go away in a tank or two but today I was able to get stuck into it and hammer my baby a bit trying to blow some of the cobwebs out, and Im talking about my motorcycle to not my performance in bed last night.

Heading along the coast towards Paraty.

Arriving in Paraty was a bit of an eye opener we were expecting a nice old town but we were both really surprised just how beautiful it is around here. It was an old pirate hang out here like San Sabastiao but this place was different. There had been a railway line here for many years but the road was only completed to in the 1970's so the village itself stayed pretty much untouched since the 1600's.

I'll upload quite a few pictures which I have taken to give you a good idea of what it is like around here, definitely a place to come to if you are ever in Brazil.

When the tide comes in on this coastal town some of the streets are flooded.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 08-18-2014 at 08:14 PM
Old 07-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #2213
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Hey Ewa guess what I'm thinking yeah that's right sweet cheeks I feel like Mcdonalds. Geez some peoples minds.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #2214
TheBlurr
Banned

Oddometer: 5,588
Ewa spends a lot of time gandering at prices of Items, how does she control her womanly buy everything instincts?

we have 8 months until the baby stroller comes into play?
TheBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #2215
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlurr View Post
Ewa spends a lot of time gandering at prices of Items, how does she control her womanly buy everything instincts?

we have 8 months until the baby stroller comes into play?

I have it worked out mate, I just tell her not to walk the streets with any money as there is a better than even chance you will get robbed and probably shot in this part of the world, so for her own safety I make her lock all the money in the safe or pannier anytime we go out the door. I just care for her to much it's just the type of guy I am.

Stroller, the good news child support in Poland is like 25 euro a week

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 07-28-2014 at 07:06 PM
Old 07-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #2216
TonsOfFun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Go for it mate, you dig that chick.
TonsOfFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #2217
DonL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Laugh Excellent Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlub View Post
Hey someone should get some sense into that head of yours with regard to this. Next time you start thinking this way, leave off the helmet and ride under a tree with a low-hanging branch or something. I had my son after I turned 40. I have a good friend who did the family x2 thing, and I just helped him celebrate his 75th B-day. First set of kids are in their 40s, second set in early 20s. Tho he has been a good dad all around, he has excellent relationships with the young set, and no reason you couldn't do the same. He and you both act way younger than your years, and appear to have some of the same traits (disorders?).And even Ted Simon, the original ADV rider, started his family in his early 50s. And seems to be doing well with it, to read his website. If you let Ewa go you will regret it to your dying days. And just think of the fun bedtime stories you could tell the kids. No parent could hope to compare! A lot of the bedtime stories I told to my young son were from my motorcycle trips (edited), and he always wanted more. When we went on our first trip together each on our own bikes, he reminded me of it and how he felt like he was now experiencing the stories he heard as a little kid. Don't deny a kid that experience!
Hold onto that Ewa.
Tom
I feel the same way and obviously my grandfather also felt the same the way. He started a second family at 39 with an 18 year old and they stayed happily married for over 50 years. I`m 45 and my daughter is 5 1/2 and my son is 16 months. And although my wife is only a few years younger than me she acts much younger. I just need to pull my head out of my *** and do the same.

By the way, I`ve gotten this far and have loved every minute of your adventure.
DonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:50 PM   #2218
TheBlurr
Banned

Oddometer: 5,588
I dono about starting a family older.

I like my father lost both my parents by the time I was 40, it fucking sucks, best case scenerio I will now be a dad at 60, I hope I am still physically active and able to enjoy life with him/her, but as busted up as I am already fuck only knows. Anyhow I think kids should have parents and grandparents if possible, that is pretty cool, you really do not know what it isl ike to be without until everyone is gone.

I do agree the Hero of this thread would do well again, and admit it or not he knows Ewa is one hell of a catch. So much so most men would search lifetimes to find a kick ass woman like that.
TheBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:14 AM   #2219
DonL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Dead at 45

In my case, I lost my dad when he was 45 and I was 21. I think it can go both ways. Actually, I'm surprised I'm still here given that I'm 45 now. Either way you look at, happiness is important no matter what one's age is

I think Ewa is a keeper!

It took me almost a week of constant reading to get through your adventure up to this point. And what an adventure it has been.

As a side note, I had back surgery last year about this time to relieve some pressure between L5 and L4. L5 and S1 are fusing on their own.I've also had a herniated disc in my neck a few years ago. So I understand the pain. If you don't have any meds let me know and I can recommend a combo that works wonders
DonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #2220
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We have just arrived in Rio and I've been doing something thinking about the decisions that I have to make soon but I thought Id share with you chart you all can use to decide if you have met the right woman or not. It seems a reasonable chart to base the decision on how and who I spend the rest of my life with. I'll let you know where Ev fits into the chart tomorrow.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 07-30-2014 at 10:09 PM