User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #2266
TonsOfFun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Five stars

You'll get five stars when you get Ewa pregnant....
TonsOfFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #2267
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsOfFun View Post
You'll get five stars when you get Ewa pregnant....

Better get practicing then, oh yeah and get what's left of my brain cut out as well.
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #2268
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
New subscriber, added 5 stars. Nice report, even though it's all spelt funnily.

More Ev, less paper .

Don't let go of that cuttie!!!
Welcome aboard Scott hope you don't offend easily but if you do its all Ev's fault you don't see me prancing around in my G-string ooops did I just let the cat out of the bag
Old 08-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #2269
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,729
voted my 5 stars!

look here man, you must be getting old if you need a map...

see what you do is, you follow up either interstate to where they meet right below the middle, there will be a narrow tunnel that you think you might not have enough clearance, but you'll be fine. you can continue north over the flat plains and up the valley in between two gorgeous mountains on either side, you'll want to spend some time there.

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
vintagespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #2270
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We got back from our ride around Rio to find Andi and Ellen from two Moto Kiwis on Advrider had just arrived in the hostel. We had been in contact for awhile now through Facebook and the two weeks we have been in Rio gave them time to catch us up, it was like meeting good friends, the only difference was we had never met, it's a funny thing the adventure community it's not huge but its a very close knit bunch.

We hung out walked down the supermarket to get some dinner it is so expensive in Rio and with Andi and Ellen trying to stick to a budget it is pretty much the only way to do it. The restaurant we have been eating here is 59 reis a kilo which is 30 bucks a kilo in USD, although the food was lush it didnt take long to rack up 30 bucks especially with me being such a pig.

We sat up late chatting away swapping stories and also chatting to Raf a fellow biker from Belguim who had made Brazil his home and was a wealth of knowledge and tips on where to go and what to see.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 08-14-2014 at 03:18 PM
Old 08-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #2271
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We decided to hang around in the hostel we had moved into from Copacabana for one more day, it wasnt the cheapest place and was a bit noisey as there is a paddling world up in town and we had the Easter Island guys staying here. I asked one of the coaches there is 20 of you here is there anyone left in Easter Island, it was interesting to talk to him about such an amazing place in the world.

We had a ride around town and the surrounding hills of Rio today taking in the sites with Andi and Ellen, we had pretty much covered alot of the city now so knew our way around to all the touristy spots. They weren't interested in going up to the Sugarloaf mountain or the Christo statue so just a simple ride around town and taking in the sights from afar was ok. Was a beautiful days riding and the scenery was pretty special Rio is certainly one naturally beautiful city.

Andi says a picture says a thousand words, well here's a good one that backs that theory but just in case you need some words to help you along here they are:
Here is a picture of a devilishly handsome man standing next to his trusty Bmw F800 and a another ragitty looking dude on his knees working on a Ktm, yep your right mate a picture does tell it all.

Hello my little pretty

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 08-14-2014 at 09:02 PM
Old 08-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #2272
OldPete
Be aware

Oddometer: 4,696
Good update, love your RR. 5 for sure.

Andi has a real gutsy traveling companion in Ellen and they offer an uber-RR.
Hope you saw his pictures of the Valley of Seven Colours. Mind blowing for sure.
Oh! And his Katoom has the respect of many so temper your words.

You may have missed this. Jesus lost his right thumb from a lightning strike in early January... might be fixed by now.
Some say it was an act of God but who knows.

http://www.parkrecord.com/ci_2493760...ierce-it-broke

This lightning storm was so fierce it broke off Jesus's statuesque finger

Brazil's iconic Christ the Redeemer statue is missing a thumb on its right hand, thanks to a particularly fierce lightning storm Thursday.
The 125-foot monument that overlooks Rio De Janeiro was struck by lightning during a thunderstorm Thursday evening, causing the digit to fall from the statue.
The monument's caretaker, Father Osmar Raposo, said the statue was due for renovation next month anyway, and that the damaged hand would be repaired then.

Thanks for keeping it current and real.
OldPete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #2273
luckychucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,163
Clickity Click

Need to figure out how to rate! I will don't worry.
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:12 PM   #2274
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPete View Post
Good update, love your RR. 5 for sure.

Andi has a real gutsy traveling companion in Ellen and they offer an uber-RR.
Hope you saw his pictures of the Valley of Seven Colours. Mind blowing for sure.

You may have missed this. Jesus lost his right thumb from a lightning strike in early January... might be fixed by now.
Some say it was an act of God but who knows.

http://www.parkrecord.com/ci_2493760...ierce-it-broke

This lightning storm was so fierce it broke off Jesus's statuesque finger

Brazil's iconic Christ the Redeemer statue is missing a thumb on its right hand, thanks to a particularly fierce lightning storm Thursday.
The 125-foot monument that overlooks Rio De Janeiro was struck by lightning during a thunderstorm Thursday evening, causing the digit to fall from the statue.
The monument's caretaker, Father Osmar Raposo, said the statue was due for renovation next month anyway, and that the damaged hand would be repaired then.

Thanks for keeping it current and real.

Great advice OldPete always important to listen to other so I will take your advice on board, I understand there is a lot of Ktm guys out there and I really respect their decision to choose the bike they have I actually like them and to prove that im a fair minded caring sharing kind of guy I slowed down and let Andi and Ellen get their dirty grimey Ktm within a kilometer of my beautiful suave Bmw to take this shot, don't worry though I held my breath just to be on the safe side don't want to be picking up any unwanted bugs or gremlins.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 08-14-2014 at 07:17 PM
Old 08-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #2275
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

I just saw that my blog is equal to Ewa's, thanks heaps guys but we need more, we need to crush her into submission, by the way did I tell you she was a submissive type, that in itself should be worth a few more 5 star ratings. Andi just told me it was because I posted a picture of a Ktm on my page that I got all the extra votes and if that is the case I'd just go on record and apologize for Ewa high jacking my blog and making that last post about holding her breath, I was breathing deeply as I wanted to take the smell of success and beauty deep into my lungs. Hey this post has got to be better than a picture of me on the ground with my legs spread open.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 08-14-2014 at 09:03 PM
Old 08-14-2014, 08:11 PM   #2276
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
look here man, you must be getting old if you need a map...

see what you do is, you follow up either interstate to where they meet right below the middle, there will be a narrow tunnel that you think you might not have enough clearance, but you'll be fine. you can continue north over the flat plains and up the valley in between two gorgeous mountains on either side, you'll want to spend some time there.

More great advice but im just going to jump on my baby blow right past those beautiful mountains and head to the tunnel and hump on through to the other side and hope I don't run out of juice on the way, last time I looked I was running on reserve.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #2277
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,899
Ewa is probably shaking her head,2 Kiwis and a Aussie,gonna be some Queen speak goin on when the fun begins!
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #2278
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
Ewa is probably shaking her head,2 Kiwis and a Aussie,gonna be some Queen speak goin on when the fun begins!
Don't worry mate Ewa learnt English in the proper English you should hear her talk when she does its like listening to the Queen of England, when she moved to Ireland they told her she wasn't allowed to talk like that so she has a nice eastern European accent now. Here's great video made of our time in Rio, she's done a great job with it Im really proud of my little girl.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #2279
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

So today after 2 weeks in Rio it was time for us to leave so we said our goodbyes to Raf packed up the bikes, ok Ev packed up the bike and off onto the road we went. I hadn't really expected to much from Rio as pretty much all I knew about it was the Christo statue but we had an amazing time in this beautiful city and one I could definitely spend a lot more time in exploring all it has to offer.

We headed across the bridge to the north of Rio heading towards our destination we had set which was Buzio about 190 k's up the coast and apparently a bit of a gringo town so it will be cool to see what that is all about. No sooner had we crossed the bridge and we had a guy pull up next to us asking where are going. At the time I had no friggen idea where we were going so I just shouted north somewhere, I pointed him back to Ewa and she responded. He asked if we wanted to go and see a nice beach. I was behind Andi and Ellen so I said I am following these guys up there pointing to them. He raced ahead and stopped next to Andi and Ellen Im not sure what their conversation was but he went ahead.

A few k's later we caught back up to him in traffic and again he pulled over next to us so we pulled off to the road to have a chat. Now we had only been on the road for 45 minutes and just over the bridge from Rio and here we are being invited for a drink and to see a beach so as you can imagine with all the miles we still had to go we were a little hesitant. We ummed and arred for about 5 seconds and I looked at Andi and we said what do you reckon and the decision was made that we would go check it out, it was hot I needed a drink and I think everyone was the same. We followed Paulo back to the beach which was about 15 minutes further on, it was a small beach community and really very nice, the sun was shining the water was with clear bright blue surf with waves crashing onto the shores of a beautiful white sandy beach and to top it off there were lots of chicks in G-strings prancing around, that was the right call to come here.

There were a few cafes around and we stopped to talk to Paulo who then after probably sussing us out as well invited us to his house up the other end of the little beach community. We parked the bikes and walked into his place and headed up for a drink. He said you can stay here and relax if you want for awhile or I can walk you over to the club on the beach and sign you in so after awhile we took him up on the offer of a stroll over to the beach and the club. Well we sign in and go grab a beer and sit down, ok it doesn't look like we are going anywhere in a hurry there is this drop dead sort parading around by the pool in a G-string so me and Andi are happy as Larry.

The scenery for the girls wasn't to bad but I wasn't noticing any of that. I got up out of my chair and walked over to the railing and said hello to the cutie by the pool. We decided to go take a swim in the pool so grabbed our gear and headed down the others walked around one way I took a slightly longer detour to talk to little hottie who had know moved to a swing with her kidlet, see I love kids especially when they are attached to a shit hot beauty. She was sitting on the swing gently pushing her little son and I asked if mummy would like a push as well, she just turned around and gave me a beautiful smile, Im pretty sure she was thinking oh yeah big boy come and give it to me, push me, push me harder, then again she may of just been thinking f&^l off ya weirdo but I like my version better. I joined the others by the pool and we all had a swim, boy could I get used to this.

A view back to the club from the beach.

I know you yanks love your military so here's a bit of front back and center to get your attention and hitting that 5 star button so we can crush Ev into submission.

Front.

Back.

Center. Hey you got to give it to me, I am well and truly batting way above average.

Paulo had to leave and go meet some friends turns out he owns a few of the Yamaha dealerships in Rio so he is a fellow biker who has invited us into his place. I tell you when your on the outside you hear all this oh Brazil is dangerous and Im sure there is trouble here as there is anywhere in the world but the side of Brazil I'm seeing is one of the most friendliest welcoming people I have come across in my travels.

So with Paulo offer of staying we decided to take it up and when Andi and Eleen went for a walk to the shops with it being such a beautiful afternoon we jumped on the bike and went for a ride. As I was leaving the little community I bumped into Paulo on his way back so he decided to go get his new XT Tenere 1200 out and come for a ride with me and Ev and show us around. We went for about an hour checking out all the viewpoints of the area which was all very nice this next picture was one looking back over to Rio.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 08-18-2014 at 09:08 PM
Old 08-15-2014, 05:25 AM   #2280
Blue Icebreaker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideforsmiles View Post
We got back from our ride around Rio to find Andi and Ellen from two Moto Kiwis on Advrider had just arrived in the hostel. We had been in contact for awhile now through Facebook and the two weeks we have been in Rio gave them time to catch us up, it was like meeting good friends, the only difference was we had never met, it's a funny thing the adventure community it's not huge but its a very close knit bunch.
This. I have been following both your RRs and it's just amazing to see people meet like this. Man, I just can't wait for my finest hour, to get down there with my lady on our F800!

Oh... just a passing thought: If you want to ride, buy a BMW GS. However, if you want to spend your time doing repairs, buy a KTM.

Sheldon, do you listen to Beasts of Bourbon? They are my favourite Aussie band and you look just like the type who might enjoy them
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. Morihei Ueshiba

Blue Icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote