Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 04:10 PM   #931
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 2,149
Got talking to a nice couple who imformed us that Pompei is only down the road so off we went the next day to Mount Vesuvios and the ruins at Pompei.

Ewa enjoying a break after we arrived in Pompei 25k's south of Naples

Hey look Ev Free WIFI

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 06:05 PM
rideforsmiles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #932
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Im actually a little behind in my bloging as you can imagine ive lost my free time now ive got a n agging girlfriend hanging around ahahah lucky she doesent read this blog. Really though its been so much fun having Ewa with me we are getting on great and having a so much fun and so many laughs. Since im a little behind im just going to post pictures of where ive been and what ive seen in the last 2 weeks and then ill try and dedicate some time to my blog each day like used too.

Ok anyway Ev sitting in a cafe in Pompei was last lets go see the ancient city of Pompei then.

The arena at old Pompei

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 04:35 PM
Old 04-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #933
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

A few of the streets of old Pompei

The roads acted as drains as well so these stones were laid so they could cross the road without stepping IT

Old 04-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #934
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The old theatre

This area apparently used to be where they gathered before a show but in the end became a training ground for the gladiators that would fight in the arena, they knew this as it in the remains of the city they found alot of the gladiators remains which let them to believe it was used as a training ground before the big bang.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #935
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The remains of a tennant of Pompei

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 05:21 PM
Old 04-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #936
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Went out for a show that night these pics will give you the gist on what it was all about.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #937
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Ev enjoying the show

We walked back into town and something caught my eye and something caught Ewa's and everyone was happy.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #938
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Next day the next tourist stop was Mount Vesuvios above Pompei. Couldnt ride the bike all the way up which sucked so had to jump on the bus, just another way to get some cash out of you.

Hello Ewa im over here sweetheart

Are you trying to tell me im fat Ev, join the queue honey.

The crator was formed in the 1940 eruption before the eruption it was a flat topto the white line you can see in this pic

The view looking down over Pompei from Mount Vesuvios

Isnt the view gorgeous up here sweetheart

Time to go so pile back on the bus for the 20 dollar 10 munute ride

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 05:17 PM
Old 04-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #939
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Had a beatiful days riding down the coast to Sorrento and up into the hills. Stopped off and had a coffee and thought about jumping the ferry to the Isle of Capri but it was getting sort of late to be jumping on a ferry to somewhere we werent even sure what was there.

As we were checking out the ferry we bumped into a nice couple Ken and Jan from Canada who were on a cruise and had a few days off in Napoli so had decided to jump on a ferry down to Soreento for a look. after having a chat to them for a while it was time to move on and head further down the coast.

We headed up into the hills somewhere after Sorrento with the rain closing in on us, but all good fairly light and we had packed my wet weather gear in and Ewa had already put hers on for the ride so it wasnt of any concern. It was a fantastic ride winding up and down the valleys and at one stage after reaching the top of the last pass we could see the town below but it was 9 kilometres of winding road down to get to it. Ended up taking us 4 hours to get back to Pompei and arriving at 5pm so ended up a great ride and seeing some great sights.

The roads arent what id call amazing motorcycle roads ok if they barred all the cars off them they might be but with the traffic along the coast road it was slow going and then when we got up into ther hills it was just so winding and steep there was just no way you are going to be going much more than 40 kilometres and hour which by the way is fine the scenary is fantastic, if your around here to just fang down the road id pick somewhere else but if you want to ride and have a beautiful scenic road this route is nice.

Back in Pompei we just came in and relaxed i was actually pretty rooted and we ended up having a little nap all snuggled up ahahahahah ahhh the joys of having Ewa with me.

Down into town for dinner a nice cultural dish a big mac and fries and then back to the hotel to get online and write my blog. Im sitting here and ive been writing my blogs but not uploading them the interent is pretty crappy here and we have to sit in the foyer to use it and the owners are sitting here watching tv so you tend to get caught up in a broken english conversation which is always nice but not conjusive to good internet time.

we head off to Rome int he morning well probably more like lunch time by the time we get going so another city to see and experience and im guessing Rome at easter should be a hive of activity with everyone waiting for the second coming or whatever they do at easter around here.

Jumped on the bike and headed south to Sorrento as i had heard there was some good riding to be done and i wasnt to be dissapointed

Stopped in Sorrento for a coffee by the sea.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 04-08-2013 at 05:12 PM
Old 04-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #940
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Then it was up into the hills behind Sorrento to find some other riding roads and find them I did

Old 04-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #941
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The next day it was time to pack the bike and head for Rome and see what we can find in there.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #942
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Had a good ride into Rome and found a good hotel 4 star on booking.com not far from the centrum so checked in, Ev was happy in out new comfy hotel and 44 bucks a night

Decided to go for a ride around town and have a look at some stuff, wasnt having much luck so pulled over to check the Gps theres got to be something of importance around here I thought.

Parking was easy on the bike but still no luck finding any tourist attraction.

Theres probably an attraction around here somewhere

No luck there lets see if I can find something this side of town, nope nothing here either.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 04-08-2013 at 02:53 PM
Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #943
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Had a few days in Rome without blogging, its actually got really hard to blog with Ev with me, why spend time on the computer blogging when I can be getting a 4 hour massage ahhhh this is such a tough gig. I'll need it in a few years so I can remind myself if Jared or Logan ever have grand kids ill be able to have story nights ahahahahaha I can hear it now somebody put a pillow over that old geezers head now for gawds sake.

Im just going to upload a few of the photos I have taken of my time in Rome. Enjoy.

A packed house at the The Pantheon

Old 04-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #944
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Saint Peters Cathederal

I actually had a begger come up to me on the steps on the way out and I just said go see the pope that pricks got shitloads , whether they understood me or not I didnt care but the im sure they got the gist of what I was saying.

Walk in the door and ok its pretty obvious they havent spared to much expense in here

Walk in and you got this dude hanging over your head just to make you feel small

Dead guys everywhere

The Swiss Guard at the Vatican

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 04-08-2013 at 02:49 PM
Old 04-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #945
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The next day it was the next attraction on the list its so handy having the motorbike parking anywhere right across the road from these joints certainly makes it easy. The Vactican Museum and the Sistine Chapel had a massive line up but I just paid to skip the queue and away we went inside checking out all the stuff within 45 minutes of arriving so not to big a deal.

This hallway was 120 metres long and adorned in artwork the whole way and was where they used to keep the manuscripts

Halls and halls of artwork its a little over the top really

This artwork actually even impressed and uncultured fool like me

I have no idea a big cereal bowl for the gods maybe

The Sistine Chapel and ol Mikeyboys artwork

Was really interesting but time to leave after quite a few hours strolling the corridors of the vatican museum, basically id had enough looking at pictures and whatever else was in there, both me and Ev walked out and although it is all pretty amazing not overly impressed with the experience so at least it wasnt just my lack of culture that caused it.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 04-08-2013 at 02:33 PM