Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #1036
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,984
Went the 30 odd k's up the coast to check out some of the best surfing spots in Morocco. Some of the breaks include Anchor Point, Killer Point, La Source, Boilers and Immsouanne and all look like they have great potential even though I didnt get to see them with swell on them.

Standard Africa accident this tank would of been on a trailer but they never took the camber of the corner into consideration and over she went and rolled down the hill.

rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #1037
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Left Agadir for the town of Essouria I think it is ill check it later but came across this amazing bif of art work there made out of bike sprockets pretty cool hey.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #1038
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

What are you smiling about buggalugs? I dont know travelling Morroco and the world on a motorbike with a little Polish chickibabe maybe. Yeah that'll do it you prick.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #1039
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Entry into the Medina in Essouria Morocco. This place is really nice as well ive been blown away with just how nice and friendly the Moroccan people have been.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #1040
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

There were quite a few tourists in this town alot of kite surfing being done down the beach. It hasnt really got that much here other than the beach but im sure that is a major drawcard fro the Europeans.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #1041
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

More bloody markets one day im just going to buy something for the sake of it.

Hey Ev look what I found natural herbs, she wouldnt let me buy any she said she is happy enough, I reckon shes just trying to make me feel better then again she might be happy with the great two minutes of fun she gets.

Anyone hungry

Wheel em in and let em rock the house down

Hippi stall selling orange juice

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 05-05-2013 at 06:30 PM
Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #1042
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Had a few nights hangings out in Essouria which is a nice town pretty touristic. Ive found a Bmw dealer in Cassablanca so we headed there to see about getting my bike serviced, unfortunalty we had forgotten what day it was and we arrived on Friday afternoon and its all closed till Monday, well that sucks but gives us a few days to hang around and check out Cassablanca its just a big city of 4 million or more people and by all reports off the internet is just a big dirty city, well what do you expect 4 million people in any African city is going to be a tad messy.

The ride north was great im loving back being on the coast and its alot like a Australia with eucalyptus trees everywhere it gives a really homely feel to me. Some of the unridden surf breaks aroudn here are great im sure there woudl be some amazing surf to be had if you hung aroudn in this neck of the woods and of course surfed.

We looked on the internet and got an ibis hotel for 40 odd bucks so headed off in that direction only to find it had no parking. As soon as we arrived though we found some new friends that were interested in the bike so took the time to have the photos op and have a chat. I was surprised they all spoke really good English dont ask me do Nigerians speak English I woudlnt know. Certainly really nice though.

We said ourt goodbyes and went and tried the other one in town a few extra k's from where we want to get the bike serviced but not to bad its close to the Medina and the the main mosque here. Secure parking is always nice.

As we were out the front a group of Scottish guys ride in on their bikes a father and son team and a few mates. Had a quick chat to them as we unloaded the bikes but unfortunalty didnt catch up to them again. They were leaving in the morning to ride the roads I had basically been on so they had some great riding ahead of them.

we got up the next day and went for a walk around the Medina nothing really special so not recommending you make a point of visiting it. we had dinner out in one of the little Swharma shops which was cool the people here in Morocco are really nice and friendly so having fun tryign to communicate with them.

We walked along the main drag andf there was one guy selling snails, Ev wasnt sure what they were so we strolled past looking at them and he offered Ev one to try but she turned her nose up at it, we had a laugh and he gave it to some little kid walking along it and he got stuck into in front of Ev to show her how it is done. Needless to say I didnt need to help her by going first as I didnt want to take something for free off the guy lol

I did have garlic snails in Namibia of all places once and that night the light was dim so I was just taking a bit of this and a bit of that and when i went to get some more of my fav i looked at the sign and saw what it was had a litle vommit in my mouth and grabbed some more.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 11:07 AM
Old 05-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #1043
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Decided to hit the motorway for a little while it was a classic your on a new motorway and come to an overpass and there is a lady on a donkey crossing over, Morocco certainly has the old and the new and its fantastic.

Nearly in Cassablanca.

The beach in Cassablanca not all that inviting

Went to apparently the biggest shopping mall in Africa this fish tank was pretty amazing whether it was in fact the biggest or not. Im leaning on my chair I just bought we have been camping a fair bit and theres nothign worse than having to sit on the ground or a pannier to relax so this will fit on the bike somewhere and at 10 bucks it can go in the bin when im done with it. We will certainly need to camp in Scandinavia with the costy of hotels.

The mosque in Cassablanca is pretty damn huge there is some stat attached to it third biggest in the world second in Africa or some mumbo jumbo google it.

Shit dad there has to be a sea shell here somewhere

The traffic is like any other big city not going to far in a hurry.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 05-11-2013 at 12:54 PM
Old 05-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #1044
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We went fopr a ride around town to nowhere and rode for about an hour and a half then I said to Ev ok you find the way back, needless to say she had us heading in the exact opposite direction we were supposed to be going so I jokingly said ok lets follow this taxi driver he looks like he knows where he is going. we followed him for about 20 minutes and no joke he took us to within about 150 metres of the hotel ahahah

You just have to throw your destiny at the hands of the locals sometimes and they will lead you out of trouble, I must admit it was a good choice I had no idea where I was either.

Stopped off to watch some local kids football, they actually play good one twos but they could do with shooting practice they were trying to run the ball into the back of the net, bury the bone young fella.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #1045
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The main hub in Cassablanca the tram system is new by the looks of things

Any ideas Ewa

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 05-11-2013 at 02:18 PM
Old 05-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #1046
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Packed up the bike we thought we will go suss out the bike service and if they can do it today we will get it done and if not we will get the hell out of dodge fortunatly when we arrived they were more than happy to take it straight away and do iot over the next few hours which gave us time to go for a walk around town a bit more.

Ev packing thebike in the mornign while I sit back and bark orders ahhh this is the life boys lol

Helping hand at Cassablanca Bmw

Old 05-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #1047
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

As it was starting to get late by the time the bike waas finished we only headed about 30 k's north of Cassablanca and found a nice little campsite on the coast. We were going to pitch the tent but they had little cabins there for sweet fa so decided to just lob in one and relax. We walked over to the waterfront for a little while.

Eva taking the spot of my baby in alot of these photos these days

Old 05-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #1048
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We had a nice walk along the rocks and sat down to take everything in for awhile.

Whats up Mrs Poopy pants

I know how to fix this mood let me just take my pants off here, that'll put a smile on her dial. Come on baby you know you want to look.

Thats the girl dont say your not impressed.

Oh yeah what ever your just trying to be nasty now

Old 05-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #1049
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Ok the next morning we headed off and along the way I saw some nice red flowers growing by the side of the road so did a u-turn and went back and got one for Ev, now thats got to get me some action tonight surely.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #1050
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

A Coke throw down, as if thats going to satisfy me.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 05-11-2013 at 01:40 PM