Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #1456
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,960
This joint looks like the go you get your teeth cleaned while they fix your boots.

Just a few shots of Guadalajara Centro, it's nice but it is just a big city in the end.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-18-2013 at 07:13 PM
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #1457
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We decided on one more day in Guadalajara to go to the Bmw dealer ourselves and see if we could get thre rear sproket which I got sent the wrong one in San Diego, fortunatly they had it in stock so that was an absolute bonus, Ive now got the chain and sprokets for whenever it is needed, I know its a fair bit of weight to carry but the other option of not being able to source the parts down in Central or South America makes it worthwhile.

So we had a really nice ride around town taking in all the sites and traffic of course, Im a little over being in a big city already, its nice enough but in the wash up it really is just a big ol dirty city. I suppose you have to go to these places if you need things and obvioulsy to see them.

It seems very secure around the centro where we are well that is during the day of course we did go out a little earlier about 10:30 pm as Ev was hungry for a snack and there was quite a few homeless bums around, I couldnt walk past them without throwing a few bucks at them, the funny thing one of them walk behind us and followed us to the shop and I motioned by rubbing my belly and pointing to myself me first, I actually wasnt hungry and in the end didnt get anything but gave the guy the money I had, I did think about buying a big iced donut and munching it down my guts in front of him to rub salt into the wound but my humanity won out, butonly just let me tell you. So in the end a little snack for Ev cost me quite a bit which sort of sucked but oh well im sure they made the most of it whatever they did with it bought some piss or maybe even food.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #1458
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Arriving in Acambaro we rode straight into town following the Centro signs. We knew all we had to do is head north and we would come across the railway line and the hotel Mike had put us onto was just on the other side of it so we just kept riding till we hit it then crossed it and there was the hotel. I dont know what they have in this town it doesnt look like there s much but this was obvioulsy where the important people stay it was very nice but expensive.

They say the average wage is about $4.50 a day here in Mexico and I bet the staff arent on much more than that if they are at all so as usual the hotel owners are doing very very very well out of their business. We hung around for a few hours relaxing Mike and Alexandra and her family and some other friends came over to the hotel for dinner as it had a nice restaurant in it as well. We had a nice dinner it was great to catch up with Mike.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #1459
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Today was the day of Mike and Alexandra's wedding but not till later this afternoon so after breakfast we jumped on the bike to go have a look around town. Its not a massive town and certainly off the tourist trail. As we were stopped on a corner I hear Sheldon Sheldon and look around and it El Gringo Mike himself. He had been up in town and was walking back to Alexandra's, we stopped for a chat for awhile he pointed out where the wedding was and off we went back on our ride around town.

Here's just a few pics of Acambaro

Malboro Blanco por favor

Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #1460
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Ewa: Wait a minute Sheldon I'm just getting the right settings on the camera just be patient honey.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #1461
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Went back to the hotel and relax for awhile then showered up and headed on over. We arrived a little early but it was nice to see Mike he was obviously a little nervous it's not every day you get married but it was a pretty low key affair with just her family and some of Mikes friends from San Miguel de Allende. We ended up having a great night, the wedding was really very special which was so nice for Mike and Alexandra.

Here's some pictures of the afternoon and evening. I'm so glad we made it here for Mike and Alexandra's wedding and everything fell into place for us to be here for it.

Me and Mike talking about the good old days when we were both free men riding motorbikes through Africa.

I think I could hear Ev mumbling under her breath eenie meenie miney mo, hello I have feelings you know Ewa.

Mike and Alex

Time to take the vows Mike, dont look so worried its all going to be ok till DEATH do us part and all that.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-18-2013 at 08:45 PM
Old 11-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #1462
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Let the party begin, don't say your not impressed by this video.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #1463
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Alex and her son Manuel pouring some drinks along with a little tacker I'm not sure where he fitted in I think one of the sister's kids.

The beautiful Alexandra and her brother, he spoke a little bit of English but seemed a very nice guy and very welcoming, Alex certainly has a beautiful family.

Time to break out the Mezcal tequila gifted to me by the Neuvo Aventuro bikers back on the Devil's Spine.

Lots of fun and good times throughout the night for everyone.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #1464
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Everyone loved Ewa, probably because she is with me, yeah I know they felt sorry for her too. It's not fair, if we ever have a fight everyone will take her side, my devilishly good looks just wont cut the mustard when it comes to garnishing support against her, I'm going to have to buy some friends that don't know her.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-18-2013 at 09:13 PM
Old 11-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #1465
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Today was spent recovering, we were going to head to San Miguel de Allende but one more day hanging around here wont kill us. We hung around for the morning then went over to Mike and Alex's place, they had told us about some hot springs not far out of Acambaro so we went and had a relax in them for awhile which was really very nice. I had the ol 12 o'clock hang over kicking in and was hoping Mike say yeah lets give it a miss so I could go back to the hotel and crash out for awhile but he was keen so was Alexa and Ev as well so I had no option but to go along for the ride and actually I'm glad I did it was really very relaxing.

The springs are not anything flash but they were really warm and the water is heated naturally so I'm pretty sure the hippi element out there would say they are good for you too.

Mike and Alex on the way out to the hot springs

The hot springs just outside of Acambaro, I know it just looks like a pool but they were nice enough to keep us in them for about an hour.

After a nice dinner with Mike and Alex we headed back to the hotel to relax, we will be riding to San Miguel de Allende with Mike tomorrow so it will be good to be riding together again.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-19-2013 at 10:05 PM
Old 11-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #1466
mettalique
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
As a dancer you make a great bike rider Sheldon
mettalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #1467
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mettalique View Post
As a dancer you make a great bike rider Sheldon
Hey just for that I'm going to post another pic of me breaking out the moves, read and weep buddy your just jealous I've got the moves to get the chicks.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #1468
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We got up earlyish to pack up and headed over to Mike and Alex's for a coffee before hitting the road. It was nice to see Alex again she is staying down here in Acambaro for work and Mike has his Chiro practice up in San Miguel de Allende about 140 k's away. The rode itself is quite boring but the funny thing is for the first time since being in Mexico I felt like I could be back in America.

There was a few tollways towards the San Miguel end which were cheap 22 peso's for both so nothing to bad, considering they were only about 1 kilometer long im glad thats all they were. I had asked Mike what San Miguel de Allende was like when we were tossing up whether to come up or not and Mike had told it is like a movie set. We headed up the cobble stone roads to Mikes office and parked the bike. Mike had an appointement in about 30 minutes so and me Ev had decided to stay in town near the centro as mikes place is about 20 minutes away not conjusive to good walking around a new town.

We rode down the hill, Ev had marked a hotel on the Maps with me pro so it was never going to be to hard to find. The streets are narrow with all the buildings brightly coloured in yellows browns and orange it is really very pretty and very different to anything else we have come across here in Mexico. We rode around for 10 minutes obviously the traffic is a bit of an issue in these small streets but nothing to bad everyone seems to be very polite and not in a hurry. Your not going to have an accidnet here the top speed anyone gets to is about 15 kilometers an hour at the most.
We found the hotel we were looking for but when Ev went into suss out and see if we could get the online rate they advertised, she was told she needed to go book it online and wait till it came through then come back to get that price, yeah righto buggalugs as if im waiting for that shit to happen when im sitting in the car park of a hotel next door. So when Ev told me there story i just said go book us in here.

Ev came back and and was worried it was to much but it wasnt to bad for a night so it was ok. We unpacked and chilled out for awhile then headed up to the main square to check out the El Jardin and when we first layed eyes on it we both thought it looked like something out of a fairy tale.
We walked around for a few hours checking out all the little back streets. We went and sat in the main plaza and took it all in doing a bit of people watching. We hung around for about an hour until Mike had finished work and came over. Mike knew a few good restaurants in town and told us about one of his favs that I could get a chicken snitzel so yep that was us. The dinner was nice, a little expensive but nothing to bad I had a chicken snitzel with creamy risotto and a few drinks and it cost me about 18 bucks, Ev wasnt that hungry but had a spinach soup and a salad which looked pretty nice as well.

We spent a few hours at dinner talking about old times and new times, it has been great to catch up with Mike. We walked home from the restaurant through town, Mike headed back to his bike to ride home, we are not sure what we are doing tomorrow but we are thinking of hitting the road but we will see it woudl be nice to spen a little more time here and hang out with Mike even though he is working most of the day.

Sure that's just hay for the cows buddy.

Mike on his Gs 1150 heading towards San Miguel de Allende

The colours along the way were really nice, don't ask me what they were but they looked good anyway.

Arriving in San Miguel de Allende

Tell me that doesn't look like it's out of a fairytale.

Now just some random pics of San Miguel de Allende, I know I post a few pictures of these different paces I hope it isn't to many.

The street vendors are out in force but very little hassle.

Ahhhh deep in thought about the tough decision's that lay ahead here in San Miguel de Allende, yeah you guessed it, cigarette or a coke or both.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-19-2013 at 10:46 PM
Old 11-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #1469
mettalique
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Coke, cigarette or break into some more dance moves,,,,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
mettalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #1470
sandgroper
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,665
I'm in, don't know how I've missed you in the last few years.

Ed
sandgroper is offline   Reply With Quote