User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #196
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,618
Thumb

Good shit Bart, just found your RR yesterday!!!
The opening pages of comments on the girls had me goin' uh huh we share the same ideas about pretty girls.
Then the comment from home about nosy people in your bussiness had me goin' Fuck offfff people! NO SHIT your doing it right and yes your wife is an ANGEL for letting you do this... after all it IS your life, and I'm sure you would allow HER to live hers! I have been doing this for the last 15ish yrs.. away for 6 months of the year on Adventure and know what it's like. My wife is an ANGEL too.. she doesn't own me and I don't own her... keeps us free, a good spouse/partner/girlfriend/boyfriend whatever will do this.
Wished I was reading it back in 2011 realtime so I could have commented to those telling you to back off a bit!
You did gooooood!
Anyway.. also great Humor! Had me laughing my ass off many many times...

Also EXCELENT pics... you take a ton of them like I do on my RR's and I really enjoyed all the images, very, very nice!

Also the way all the people you met and photographed, opened up and smiled sooo warmy at you, shows your heart and compassion, you are a goood man....

So a big THANX to ya man.... A-1 report!
Peace,
JJ

P.S. To the Madzia.... since no one seemed to say it last year.... BRAVO I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a GREAT woman and allowing/putting up with Bart the Nomad as he did this adventure of a lifetime.....
Were it not for you none of us would have gotten to experience it!
And nice picture of you sitting on the bike in the beginning of this report haha Your a puurrty girl inside and out!

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 12-18-2012 at 04:37 PM
Jettn Jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #197
frank wheelbarrow
ten four

Oddometer: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Good shit Bart, just founr your RR yesterday!!!
The opening pages of comments on the girls had me goin' uh huh we share the same ideas about pretty girls.
Then the comment from home about nosy people in your bussiness had me goin' Fuck offfff people! NO SHIT your doing it right and yes your wife is an ANGEL for letting you do this... after all it IS your life, and I'm sure you would allow HER to live hers! I have been doing this for the last 15ish yrs.. away for 6 months of the year on Adventure and know what it's like. My wife is an ANGEL too.. she doesn't own me and I don't own her... keeps us free, a good spouse/partner/girlfriend/boyfriend whatever will do this.
Wished I was reading it back in 2011 realtime so I could have commented to those telling you to back off a bit!
You did gooooood!

Anyway.. also great Humor! Had me laughing my ass off many many times...
Also EXCELENT pics... you take a ton of them like I do on my RR's and I really enjoyed all the images, very very nice!

So a big THANX to ya man.... A-1 report!
Peace,
JJ

P.S. To the misses.. since no one seemed to say it last year.... BRAVO I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a GREAT woman and allowing/putting up with Bart the Nomad as he did this adventure of a lifetime
Were it not for you none of us would have gotten to experience it!
And nice pic of you to lead this all off on Barts bike! haha

I've never done the plus one so here it goes...

+1!

Read you're report front to back and loved it!!!
know that they are only 5 outcomes at the end of the two weeks: Finish, Mechanical, Abandon, Injuries, Death.
frank wheelbarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #198
racki OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
And nice picture of you sitting on the bike in the beginning of this report haha Your a puurrty girl inside and out!
That wasn't her - if it was her and I had put it on the web, I would be few feet under the ground now
Magda looks way better, but you have to trust me on this one

Thanks for compliments.

I might force myself to put another RR, it's already up there on polish motorcycle forum, I just have to translate it back to English.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #199
racki OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank wheelbarrow View Post

Read you're report front to back and loved it!!!
Thanks a lot! Not sure if I received +1 before, so I'll take it as my first ever!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 AM   #200
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racki View Post
That wasn't her - if it was her and I had put it on the web, I would be few feet under the ground now
Magda looks way better, but you have to trust me on this one

Thanks for compliments.

I might force myself to put another RR, it's already up there on polish motorcycle forum, I just have to translate it back to English.
Ok... I trust you. Just make sure shee see's this part then:
"P.S. To the Madzia.... since no one seemed to say it last year.... BRAVO I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a GREAT woman and allowing/putting up with Bart the Nomad as he did this adventure of a lifetime.....
Were it not for you none of us would have gotten to experience it!"

Come on and put another one up Hell I'm in the middle of writing one up here too..... just 26 days into a 5 month ride I need to get my ass mooooooving!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #201
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,554
What a great ride report covering some great country

Would you have done it solo from the get go? I like being able to do whatever whenever way too much when I'm out and about but I can appreciate having the help around. Speaking the language is a major plus for sure, I jealous of those 8 years spent learning.

Thanks for sharing the great report and photos.
Just read the whole thing this am and couldn't stop until I finished.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #202
peter13
FJ cruiser

Oddometer: 338
You need to put on a slide show one night.
I live in Sydney, I'll come.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #203
racki OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Ok... I trust you. Just make sure shee see's this part then:
"P.S. To the Madzia.... since no one seemed to say it last year.... BRAVO I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a GREAT woman and allowing/putting up with Bart the Nomad as he did this adventure of a lifetime.....
Were it not for you none of us would have gotten to experience it!"

Come on and put another one up Hell I'm in the middle of writing one up here too..... just 26 days into a 5 month ride I need to get my ass mooooooving!!!
It looks like you overdone it a bit - now she thinks I wrote it from fake account only to fool her into letting me go for another trip
Old 12-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #204
racki OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post

Would you have done it solo from the get go?
Now I could go anywhere solo - I figured that travelling solo gives me more freedom and less responsibility, which are the most important components of motorcycle travel. The other components, like sore ass and dirty clothes stay constant while going in the group.
It's possible that I will find other rider sharing the same style and philosophy of riding and then will change my mind and apologize.
The other option is that Magda will go somewhere with me and then I won't dare to complain about anything.

Back then I was thinking about going solo, assuming that Jonathon won't be able to make it. If he had asked me to postpone by a year, then I would agree until I got all visas. Which means that about a month before that trip I new I was going anyway. I prepared my kit this way - had all the tools and spares for my bike, all camping gear etc. When we split with John I had to leave some of my tools with him as he wasn't quite prepared to go solo, but those were tools taken especially for his bike anyway.

Speaking the language is a major advantage - locals can get a bit stiff when they can't communicate with you. On one occasion John arrived first at petrol station and it was being closed down for the day. He couldn't get anything from them, but when I arrived minute or so later I could easily talk them into serving two more customers before calling it a day. On the other hand I'm not Tolstoy - at the beginning I could only speak like a stroke victim, but it came back with practice and by the end I was fluent enough.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #205
racki OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter13 View Post
You need to put on a slide show one night.
I live in Sydney, I'll come.
Don't want to disappoint you, but I'm afraid you've seen all the good ones already - the rest is blurry/too dark/too bright/not interesting.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #206
Kiwi Canuck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
On the other hand I'm not Tolstoy - at the beginning I could only speak like a stroke victim, but it came back with practice and by the end I was fluent enough.[/QUOTE]

WOW!!, I have managed to spend way too long reading this RR instead of doing what I should be doing, like work, or tiding my gagrge. I even got up at 5AM this norning to finish this, I have absoluted busted a gut reading some of your posts, man you can be funny. the gay pose by the bike had me in stitches, trying not to wake up the whole family, priceless.

Thanks for the awesome RR, I really needed a good laugh.

Cheers,

Kiwi Canuck
From Vancouver BC
Old 12-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #207
Rockmuncher
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 750
[QUOTE=racki;16774953]Day 59 Istanbul

[

I wonder if they wear the same stuff you can see in the ad behind?

I thought you were going to quit putting all the hot local chicks in your report.
I had fun reading it, nice ride.
Rockmuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #208
Rango
Phaneropter

Oddometer: 1,096
great thread, good read

Quote:
Thanks a lot! Not sure if I received +1 before, so I'll take it as my first ever!
methinks you deserve another, here you go:
+1

To put Istanbul on the route for sake of a fur hat, and then forfaiting the purchase.
Mhm, isn't there a tiny worm, gnawing '"should've bought the hat, gotta return for the hat"?

Could be a good excuse, though.
Cheers.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #209
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Laugh

Quote:
It looks like you overdone it a bit - now she thinks I wrote it from fake account only to fool her into letting me go for another trip
Hahahahha uh huh... I could see that happening.
Merry Christmas!
JJ
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #210
lordmaciek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,339
pelen wypas
MotoEnduro.PL / MotoSyberia.com / DVD.MotoSyberia.com / MotoEnduro.pl/Vietnam / MotoAfryka.com/2005 / MotoAfryka.com/2000 / MotoKarpaty / MotoMongolia / MotoGeorgia
My AdvRider RR: MotoSyberia, MotoVietnam, MotoKarpaty
lordmaciek is offline   Reply With Quote