Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
GSequoia OP
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 985
I always wanted a fine Italian sport bike...

But I settled for an old abused moped instead. A 1977 Cimatti City Bike to be exact.

Iíve had this old Italian moped sitting in my shed or garage for about the past fifteen years, I decided a good Fathersí day project was to tear it down and poke at it with aims to get it running well again, not exactly a restoration as I have no plans to paint it at this time. Iíll update this as I do stuff but donít expect quick progress on this little pet project.

Every project has to start somewhere. With this it is pulling it out of the shed and wheeling it into the garage.

I didnít exactly take a detailed series of photographs while I was tearing it down. I know that the centrifugal clutch seems to be borked (if you stop the bike it will stall the engine), the speedometer is seized solid (at 12 miles!) and it doesnít always start well. I began by taking it apart. I pulled the clutch cover off (interesting note, the actuating leaf for the starting clutch fused itself to the start clutch, I had to break it off to remove it.) and looking around. I realized I wasnít going to get anywhere without making some tools so I buttoned it all back up and removed the engine from the frame. While I was on that roll I also removed the gas tank to clean it (which required me to remove the rear fender and wheel) and took the forks off to grease the steering stem.

What we have his a 50cc Motor Minarelli V1 two stroke engine. Iím going to take the engine apart and see if the inside is in as good shape as the rest of this bike. If it is Iíll button it up with new gaskets and get her going.

The Dell-Orto carburetor seems to be in good shape other than bad gaskets. Iíll replace the gaskets and give it a thorough cleaning. Weíll see how this goes as I progress, for now Iíve put the frame back together as a roller and have the engine on the bench.

How do you make a KLR look big?

Hopefully pretty soon I'll have a really slow bike to ride. Of course if I see bad shit in the cylinder I might be tempted to get a 90cc big bore kit for it instead

Sequoia
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,521
what, no update!!?

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
vintagespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
GSequoia OP
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
what, no update!!?
I saw the engine last week, it's still there in the garage waiting for this ADD fucker to get back to it.
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 2,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSequoia View Post
ADD fucker
Is this a derogatory term for an accountant or financier?
brianwheelies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
what, no update!!?
thats what i'm saying, this guys almost as bad as me!
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
wanderboy
I just wanna ride,ride

Oddometer: 138
well! chop chop
wanderboy is offline   Reply With Quote