User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Meriden OP
Yea whatever

Oddometer: 620
Avoid Cycleplicity

Placed an order with Cycleplicity (aka Autoplicity) over a week ago. Called and confirmed that the part was correct and in stock that day as it is very hard to find right now. Both the website and the clerk told me to expect a tracking number email within a couple of days. Two days later I call back, talk to shipping and get promised an email with the tracking number. A day later I call again since the guy didn't follow through on his word, he said it had shipped but still no number. Yesterday I filed a problem ticket through their website and the response directed me back to "my purchases" and there were no records of any sale let alone a tracking number. My credit card has been billed.

Even if they ship, I can't recommend this vendor.

Y'all go ahead. I'll catch up to you at the crash site.
Meriden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
Jazz62
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
That's a drag. File a claim through your CC company.
Jazz62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #3
Mastery
Mr. Funny Man

Oddometer: 846
They have had some unbelievable deals on a helmet I was looking at a couple months ago. I called to confirm it was real, and the guy said "um, yeah, we can find it for that". Big red flag that they dont have things.

Somebody on another site had problems too and did some tracking down of their business. Sorry to tick you off in advance, but check out the pic of their business in post number 7 in this thread: http://www.hdforums.com/forum/genera...icity-com.html
Old 11-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
Meriden OP
Yea whatever

After a fifteen minute hold I've been told that the part seems to be on back order and I'll either get a tracking number or a credit today. We'll see. My credit card company has been very helpful and willing to work with me on disputing the sale if the credit does not come through in a timely fashion.

What I don't get is the personal responsibility of the people I have spoken with that didn't call me back. I understand that companies are sometimes underfunded, understaffed or under ethic investigations, but how does the guy who promised to call back with an answer and then doesn't look himself in the mirror in the morning. I guess my parents couldn't raise everybody.

Good or bad, I'll post what happens. Now I have to call around and see if anybody else has the part.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
Meriden OP
Yea whatever

Finally found someone who would call me back. He checked on the order and said that it was backordered and would not ship for two weeks. I asked to cancel and he assured me that I'll get a cancelation notice this afternoon. We'll see. At least now I have better grounds to dispute the billing. My card holder has been made aware of the wholes situation and is ready to go to bat for me.

Best part is, that I managed to order just the part I need from the manufacturer at about half the price. With Cycleplicity I had to order a whole "kit."

m

Old 11-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
Cdub!
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
www.duplicity.com sounds more like it from your experience!!!
Cdub! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
Dyn Blin
Irn Bru Lover

Oddometer: 75
Similar Experience-but ended well

These guys had the lowest price shipped for a CompuFire rectifier, and made it better with an electronic coupon. They were responsive with answers via emailed questions on components included. At the time, they confirmed the item was "in stock" as reflected on their website.

I placed the order, received an electronic confirmation that promised a follow up when item was shipped. Credit card was charged, then 5 days passed with no update.

I called the number on the website for service, went through an automated system, put me into hold queue but never picked up.

Email sent requesting shipping status, auto response with "ticket request confirmation", then perhaps coincidentally, shipping confirmation emailed a few minutes later, then, again perhaps coincidentally, an email from a "real person" apologizing and indicating shipping info would come shortly (although it already had).

At some point in the exchange, it was offered that although the part was "in stock", it had to be shipped from another location. when it arrived, I noted it came from another re-seller in another state.

Their website indicates "Fast Shipping"- not really. 5 day until shipped, then shipped UPS Ground- another 5 days to arrive.

All said, the discounted price wasn't really worth the delay.

Dyn Blin screwed with this post 11-06-2013 at 09:23 AM
Dyn Blin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
ozmoses
Ride On

Oddometer: 2,307
This type of business plan is increasingly common:

a "storefront", even if it's somebody's garage/spare room & a laptop, BOOM!

Unfortunately, it's often a bad business model for the customer.

The last time I dealt with something similar the "President" mentioned the phrases "other office" and " other warehouse"
far too often. Also, calls were only ever returned after 5:00pm. A quick Google of their address revealed...a home in the 'burbs.

So, it was a sideline. OK.

I was straightforward w/ the guy telling him while I appreciated his entrepreneurial spirit I didn't dig being lied to or having him misrepresent himself to me.

Funny thing, he apologized and we still do business specifically because he is not a big Corp!

I like the little guy.
Hell, I am the little guy!

I just don't like when they try to appear otherwise.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #9
Meriden OP
Yea whatever

Wrap up

Well I expected the credit yesterday so after reading several posts on other sites regarding slow credit I shot them back another email. Just a little bit ago I received an email confirming cancellation.

The last rep I talked to was honest, apologetic and followed up well. The first two guys were not so good. I'm sure that a lot of people will use them and their auto business Autoplicity without any trouble. The trouble comes when there is some minor problem, like stock checks. My last thoughts are they are trying to keep a business going and it is not that they are using a sleezy business model, it's just not very robust in terms of infrastructure.

m

Old 06-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #10
strangebru
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Same thing with Autoplicity.com

I ordered the Warn XT17 winch & accessories from them, cheaper price and 20% off shipping...one month later it came from the factory (where I live), went down to California, and is now on its way back to me (so they say). I want to complain about them and that what you see on the website is not always an in stock item. Call first, its been over a month since I ordered this and after several calls they say it is on its way to me finally. Slow...very slow

Update: I called again 3 days later (should have only taken 2 days to get here and I hadn't received any tracking info like I was promised) and was told it was backordered, due in another 3 weeks even though the website said the winch was in-stock!! WTF!! I canceled the order and should have it next week from Amazon. Avoid these guys!!

strangebru screwed with this post 06-05-2014 at 05:39 PM Reason: update
strangebru is offline   Reply With Quote