Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #211
NeedForSpeed
PAK-MEISTER.COM

Oddometer: 1,333
The New ParaPull thread is located here...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24257982#post24257982
NeedForSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #212
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuInFH View Post
You obviously know what you are talking about, thanks. I've been piecing the kit together only on paper so far and was going to go with 8 mm static line, but smaller pack size would be nice. Do you have any concerns (fouling, slipping out of track, etc.) with the 4 mm size and these pulleys designed for 7-11 mm? Looks like the tolerance is so tight there shouldn't be a problem, correct?
thanks
You shouldn't run into any problems with those pulleys and the smaller cord. Fouling is more of a function of cord management, although I find that spectra cord tends to give me problems as it doesn't like to play nicely sometimes.

Since Pak-Meister has resurrected the EZ-Pull and included some sort of locking mechanism, which makes the prusik cords redundant, there's now some value added in their system. I'll refrain from any further comments in this (their) thread.

- Ken
wilkinsonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #213
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonk View Post
You shouldn't run into any problems with those pulleys and the smaller cord. Fouling is more of a function of cord management, although I find that spectra cord tends to give me problems as it doesn't like to play nicely sometimes.

Since Pak-Meister has resurrected the EZ-Pull and included some sort of locking mechanism, which makes the prusik cords redundant, there's now some value added in their system. I'll refrain from any further comments in this (their) thread.

- Ken
OK, but I don't think this is "their" thread, the OP appears unrelated and PM started a dedicated thread for their new product.

PM can correct me if I am wrong, otherwise, please share your thoughts on their system as you develop them if you are so inclined. Knowledgeable commenters on this forum are hard to find!
thanks
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:13 PM   #214
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
it'd be nice if you posted better pictures so folks could see what they are getting. kudo's to you for actually bringing a much needed product back.

I'm already covered with setup using aluminum double pulley. but would have gladly purchased super slick original setup if that was available at the time. got far as trying to send paypal before finding out original setup was NLA.

weight is 8.8oz and plenty strong enough to rescue a R80G/S ..

which led me to search for my current solution of using aluminum double pulley and stiff mini rope.
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:13 PM   #215
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Quote:
OK, but I don't think this is "their" thread, the OP appears unrelated and PM started a dedicated thread for their new product.

PM can correct me if I am wrong, otherwise, please share your thoughts on their system as you develop them if you are so inclined. Knowledgeable commenters on this forum are hard to find!
thanks
My advise to anyone with a "need" for a pulley system and a desire to put a kit together would be to get some quality components and learn how to use them. All of these can be done fairly easily.

Learn what a self-tending prusik is all about. It will make life easier for you if you do have to haul a bike out of a hole somewhere.

Learn what a "C-pulley" and a "Z-pulley" system is and what kind of mechanical advantage they provide.

Do you like to have other people do things for you (i.e. full service)? Buy a pre-assembled kit.
Do you still wash your own car? Put a kit together and move on. It's just pulleys and cord after all.

Whether you go full-service or self-service, the components are worthless with the knowledge of how to put them into action.

- Ken
Old 06-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #216
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
My advise to anyone with a "need" for a pulley system and a desire to put a kit together would be to get some quality components and learn how to use them. All of these can be done fairly easily.

Learn what a self-tending prusik is all about. It will make life easier for you if you do have to haul a bike out of a hole somewhere.

Learn what a "C-pulley" and a "Z-pulley" system is and what kind of mechanical advantage they provide.

Do you like to have other people do things for you (i.e. full service)? Buy a pre-assembled kit.
Do you still wash your own car? Put a kit together and move on. It's just pulleys and cord after all.

Whether you go full-service or self-service, the components are worthless with the knowledge of how to put them into action.

- Ken
Yeah, that's pretty much all been said in this thread, ad nauseum. Plenty of wiki and youtube info on all that, but thanks anyway. I would like to see and hear what their patent-pending device looks like and how it operates (without needing prusiks). If you don't care to offer an opinion on that or your post was for others (that you assumed had not read the thread), I understand. Otherwise, hopefully they will release a pic and specs of their device soon. I believe they are away at a trade show.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #217
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Quote:
Yeah, that's pretty much all been said in this thread, ad nauseum. Plenty of wiki and youtube info on all that, but thanks anyway. I would like to see and hear what their patent-pending device looks like and how it operates (without needing prusiks). If you don't care to offer an opinion on that or your post was for others (that you assumed had not read the thread), I understand. Otherwise, hopefully they will release a pic and specs of their device soon. I believe they are away at a trade show.
Yeah, I guess you may have read a little too much between the lines in my post and I should have been more explicit. What I should have just said was I cannot see where you can get a nearly $90 value added from whatever device they have a patent on. Sorry I wasn't clear.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:54 AM   #218
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah, I guess you may have read a little too much between the lines in my post and I should have been more explicit. What I should have just said was I cannot see where you can get a nearly $90 value added from whatever device they have a patent on. Sorry I wasn't clear.
My apologies, you're right. And if that is your point re the $90 part, I agree. And I'm sure it's more useful in the grand scheme of things for me to become proficient in line management and use of prusiks and knots and such (with practice beforehand of course) then to rely on a single, likely overpriced (relative to known options) component.