Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #91
cmkaduce OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Glacier
Attached Images

MN Buildings & Equipment; Kaduce Tire

The Minnesota Boy Heads South --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928493
cmkaduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #92
SpeedoJosh
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 774
Nice pics.
How comfortable is it to ride a sport bike cross country like that compared to a dual sport?
SpeedoJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #93
cmkaduce OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Nice pics.
How comfortable is it to ride a sport bike cross country like that compared to a dual sport?
I can't say, I've never owned a dual sport. It certainly isn't ideal, but it isn't terribly uncomfortable either. As long as you keep changing up your body position and keep the weight off your wrists, then it isn't too bad. Plus, I think the more miles you put on a bike, the more your body adjusts to it...at least mine did! Plus, I feel at home on the sport bikes, so I guess I just stuck with what I knew.

The Minnesota Boy Heads South --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928493
Old 07-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #94
rowingdude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Think you should bring your mum next time mate ;)
rowingdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #95
Skinny Moose
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Awesome trip! I wish I could have done something like that with my grandfather...you`re a lucky guy.
Skinny Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #96
coolmom
n00b

Oddometer: 9
yes, I agree should take your mum next time!

Wow...just when I think I won't see another awesome view you send one. Dad and I just arrived home from Wisconsin. We were suppose to go to Michigan on Monday, but were delayed due to Dad's work schedule, so we caught up to the Holmes and Kelleys on Thursday afternoon. Had a good time. Saw Mollie, she has been following your trip also. She also stated how awesome the pictures are. I think we all want to go to Alaska now and most of us on bike....Love the pictures...keep them coming....see you soon.
coolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:08 PM   #97
cmkaduce OP
Gnarly Adventurer

We had a good day at Yellowstone yesterday. We decided to stay off the bikes and let the tour bus do the work so we could sit back and take some photos. We were able to snap some great wildlife shots as well as some good photos of the hot springs. Pretty relaxing day. I was definitely ready to be off the bus much prefering the motorcycle to the bus window. We ended the day with a well-prepared T-bone steak and a few local pale and scotch ales.
Today we rode about 360 miles from Yellowstone to Sheridan, WY. We took the Beartooth Bypass on the way, which the AMA just rated the #1 motorcycle road in America. The road did have some killer switchbacks and extraordinary views but it still isn't #1 in my book. We also had to take about 10 miles of gravel to get to WY 14-Alternate, which was awesome. I had to pass one of those ugly Porche Cayenne SUVs and about 15 Harleys until it was open road, but it was worth it! I wasn't going to let this road pass by without having a bit of fun. I was able to let the 1000 breathe a little in the high altitude just above 9,500 feet. My grandfather went at a bit slower pace and was telling me about how his Harley gives him all sorts of information from temperature to arrival time. I had to be a bit sarcastic and asked him if the arrival time had two modes, Harley or Suzuki? He laughed but don't think he liked that one too much.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #98
cmkaduce OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Obligatory Old Faithful photo
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2011, 08:15 PM   #99
cmkaduce OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hot springs
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2011, 08:18 PM   #100
cmkaduce OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Beartooth
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #101
cmkaduce OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I liked this little guy
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #102
Miss America
Sport Touring FZR

Oddometer: 23
This is incredible Cody!! Thanks for sending me the link so I could catch up to where you are and follow you home! I hope you know how lucky you are for having this amazing experience. Alaska is definitely on my list of "to do" rides now!

Enjoy the rest of your ride and I'm looking forward to reading your updates! Oh- and I want in on the Makers when you guys get back so we can exchange trip stories!
Miss America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #103
Dazn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkaduce View Post
We had a good day at Yellowstone yesterday. We decided to stay off the bikes and let the tour bus do the work so we could sit back and take some photos. We were able to snap some great wildlife shots as well as some good photos of the hot springs. Pretty relaxing day. I was definitely ready to be off the bus much prefering the motorcycle to the bus window. We ended the day with a well-prepared T-bone steak and a few local pale and scotch ales.
Today we rode about 360 miles from Yellowstone to Sheridan, WY. We took the Beartooth Bypass on the way, which the AMA just rated the #1 motorcycle road in America. The road did have some killer switchbacks and extraordinary views but it still isn't #1 in my book. We also had to take about 10 miles of gravel to get to WY 14-Alternate, which was awesome. I had to pass one of those ugly Porche Cayenne SUVs and about 15 Harleys until it was open road, but it was worth it! I wasn't going to let this road pass by without having a bit of fun. I was able to let the 1000 breathe a little in the high altitude just above 9,500 feet. My grandfather went at a bit slower pace and was telling me about how his Harley gives him all sorts of information from temperature to arrival time. I had to be a bit sarcastic and asked him if the arrival time had two modes, Harley or Suzuki? He laughed but don't think he liked that one too much.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, harley or suzuki, I love it!

That photo at beartooth is fantastic! Cant wait to get my own.
Dazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:37 AM   #104
award900
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Hey Cody! It's Alex from Prior Lake! (Chads buddy with the RR) Chad sent me a link to your ride. Epic! Thanks for posting, I have only seen the first page, but I will check out the rest tonight. Very inspirational. Does Gramps like your standies? How many miles of your trip have been on the back wheel? Talk at you soon.
award900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #105
Miss America
Sport Touring FZR

Oddometer: 23
Hope you and your Grandpa are doing good Cody!
Miss America is offline   Reply With Quote