ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #901
av_mech OP
Risk Taker
 
av_mech's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Boise, ID
Oddometer: 1,143
Round two. Many of you are familiar with the woes I have had with this carbon build up inside the motor of Hobbes. It happened once around 8500 miles and the stealership in Denver and Triumph fixed it no problem. They said leaky valve guide seals were the culprit.

A number of months ago, and before I quit my job in aviation, I took a really fancy boroscope and looked inside the cylinders. I photographed the carbon build-up and showed them to the stearlship in Boise. They and Triumph agreed that they needed to look in the motor again. And this was after a month of taking their sweet ass time getting things approved.

Work finally started and of course I didn't get many updates. I asked to see the motor torn apart and was never called. Just called when the work was done. I asked to see pictures and the recorded measurements of valve clearances and cylinders. I've had my bike back for weeks and I'm still waiting on this data. I've asked Birds of Prey three times now.

I was told the technician thought this was a totally normal amount of carbon build up. All things in spec. Nothing wrong.

Well what about the shitty fuel mileage? Could all the excess fuel they are dumping into the motor be causing the carbon? Back story in this is these Tigers had a stalling problem when they first came out. Mine never stalled once and I never had this problem. Triumph came out with a MANDATORY service bulletin engine tune to solve this problem I never had. During Round
One they loaded the new tune for a performance pipe and my gas mileage went from low 50's and high 40's to low 40's and high 30's. 10 mpg I lost for a problem I never had. Now I can't even get 200 miles out of a tank of gas. That's a big problem for people in this part of the country. What's the solution? Spend $400 on a Power Commander V and another $300 to have it dynoed and a real fuel map drawn. Triumph doesn't own a dyno and leaves us with this shitty fix? Guess so.

So maybe that would help. Spend $700 I don't have right now to fix the shitty tune Triumph wrote to solve a problem they tell me doesn't exist. Well, I don't know what to do anymore. Actually I do. My warranty has expired and I'm just gonna ride the damn thing. It runs like a top and there has never been any performance issues. The bike just screams and has always been reliable. Guess I should just ride it. I think that's what I'll do.

The conclusion to this carbon build up? They say it's normal and there's nothing wrong. I guess that's what I have to go with.
__________________
2011 Triumph 800 XC
2007 Honda CRF 250X
1994 Kawasaki KLX 650R

THE ADVENTURES OF TYSON AND HOBBES
THE BACKCOUNTRY PURSUIT- Boise, Idaho's consignment specialist for ADV gear!
av_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #902
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless
 
Rob.G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Fulltiming in an RV!
Oddometer: 2,131
Wow, that sucks! Glad I'm no longer planning to get a Tiger 800XC.

I'd say when you have the money, get a proper tune. If for no other reason than to get your mpg back. But otherwise, just ride it.

Rob
__________________
'12 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
'96 Suzuki DR650
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320 For Sale!
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #903
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by av_mech View Post
Round two. Many of you are familiar with the woes I have had with this carbon build up inside the motor of Hobbes. It happened once around 8500 miles and the stealership in Denver and Triumph fixed it no problem. They said leaky valve guide seals were the culprit.

A number of months ago, and before I quit my job in aviation, I took a really fancy boroscope and looked inside the cylinders. I photographed the carbon build-up and showed them to the stearlship in Boise. They and Triumph agreed that they needed to look in the motor again. And this was after a month of taking their sweet ass time getting things approved.

Work finally started and of course I didn't get many updates. I asked to see the motor torn apart and was never called. Just called when the work was done. I asked to see pictures and the recorded measurements of valve clearances and cylinders. I've had my bike back for weeks and I'm still waiting on this data. I've asked Birds of Prey three times now.

I was told the technician thought this was a totally normal amount of carbon build up. All things in spec. Nothing wrong.

Well what about the shitty fuel mileage? Could all the excess fuel they are dumping into the motor be causing the carbon? Back story in this is these Tigers had a stalling problem when they first came out. Mine never stalled once and I never had this problem. Triumph came out with a MANDATORY service bulletin engine tune to solve this problem I never had. During Round
One they loaded the new tune for a performance pipe and my gas mileage went from low 50's and high 40's to low 40's and high 30's. 10 mpg I lost for a problem I never had. Now I can't even get 200 miles out of a tank of gas. That's a big problem for people in this part of the country. What's the solution? Spend $400 on a Power Commander V and another $300 to have it dynoed and a real fuel map drawn. Triumph doesn't own a dyno and leaves us with this shitty fix? Guess so.

So maybe that would help. Spend $700 I don't have right now to fix the shitty tune Triumph wrote to solve a problem they tell me doesn't exist. Well, I don't know what to do anymore. Actually I do. My warranty has expired and I'm just gonna ride the damn thing. It runs like a top and there has never been any performance issues. The bike just screams and has always been reliable. Guess I should just ride it. I think that's what I'll do.

The conclusion to this carbon build up? They say it's normal and there's nothing wrong. I guess that's what I have to go with.
It's common knowledge the Arrow tune will drop mpg by about 10mpg. Load the latest non-Arrow tune and your normal mpg will return and the bike will probably run better than ever. Do you have the Arrow exhaust? It's sounds like you don't. Zero reason to be running the Arrow tune. NFW I would waste time with a Power Commander for this bike.

The cable is $20 and the TuneECU software is free. Load the map yourself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-cable-fo...072d1e&vxp=mtr
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #904
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
Wow, that sucks! Glad I'm no longer planning to get a Tiger 800XC.

I'd say when you have the money, get a proper tune. If for no other reason than to get your mpg back. But otherwise, just ride it.

Rob
I am not familiar with his situation early on at 8500 miles but in this latest scenario his dealer is the problem. Search around and try to find someone with similar issues. Good luck.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #905
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: central IL
Oddometer: 3,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I am not familiar with his situation early on at 8500 miles but in this latest scenario his dealer is the problem. Search around and try to find someone with similar issues. Good luck.
Agreed.

Sounds like a dealer who doesn't know what to do and is just throwing ignorance at the bike.
__________________
'09 Triumph Tiger1050
'96 Ducati 900SS
'02 Suzuki SV650S (hers)
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #906
av_mech OP
Risk Taker
 
av_mech's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Boise, ID
Oddometer: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
It's common knowledge the Arrow tune will drop mpg by about 10mpg. Load the latest non-Arrow tune and your normal mpg will return and the bike will probably run better than ever. Do you have the Arrow exhaust? It's sounds like you don't. Zero reason to be running the Arrow tune. NFW I would waste time with a Power Commander for this bike.

The cable is $20 and the TuneECU software is free. Load the map yourself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-cable-fo...072d1e&vxp=mtr
Thanks Swimmer. I knew about tune ECU and I'll go this route. I have an aftermarket exhaust, but not the Arrow. It's a Fuel exhaust which I highly recommend for the sound and the price point. I'll have to search to find the non Arrow tune. I asked the dealership to load it since there's no longer any more warranty to void. They refused. Not real happy with them. But they are the only Triumph dealership for hundreds of miles.
__________________
2011 Triumph 800 XC
2007 Honda CRF 250X
1994 Kawasaki KLX 650R

THE ADVENTURES OF TYSON AND HOBBES
THE BACKCOUNTRY PURSUIT- Boise, Idaho's consignment specialist for ADV gear!
av_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #907
av_mech OP
Risk Taker
 
av_mech's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Boise, ID
Oddometer: 1,143
Sitting down to write at least one episode for you guys tonight. Gonna get busy.
__________________
2011 Triumph 800 XC
2007 Honda CRF 250X
1994 Kawasaki KLX 650R

THE ADVENTURES OF TYSON AND HOBBES
THE BACKCOUNTRY PURSUIT- Boise, Idaho's consignment specialist for ADV gear!
av_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #908
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by av_mech View Post
Thanks Swimmer. I knew about tune ECU and I'll go this route. I have an aftermarket exhaust, but not the Arrow. It's a Fuel exhaust which I highly recommend for the sound and the price point. I'll have to search to find the non Arrow tune. I asked the dealership to load it since there's no longer any more warranty to void. They refused. Not real happy with them. But they are the only Triumph dealership for hundreds of miles.
http://www.tomhamburg.net/Tune_List.html

From that site it looks like map 20654 or 20653 is what you need depending on ABS or not. Others are running Leo Vince, Scorpion, Fuel, etc... with the standard (non-Arrow) map with no problems and aren't suffering the loss in mpg.

As a precaution pull your headlight and tail light fuses when you are connecting to the bike so that they aren't pulling the voltage down when you are installing the new map.

That ebay cable is the exact one I ordered. It works.

Too bad about the crappy service from the dealer. Maybe you could throw your stock exhaust on real quick tell them you sold the Fuel and get them to put the standard map on then switch the exhaust back...
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #909
av_mech OP
Risk Taker
 
av_mech's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Boise, ID
Oddometer: 1,143
I like this girl. She's the type to jump head first into something she likes. Today is the day when it is time to test if she likes this dual sport thing or not. She's read my entire blog and thinks she knows what she's getting into with The Adventures of Tyson and Hobbes.

She's bought all the gear and we haven't even touched a speck of gravel yet. You guys know me by now. Safety first! ATGATT. Fly Trekker DS helmet, Fox Titan body armor, Rev'it pants, Fox boots, and Fox knee guards. I had a jacket for her. Have I mentioned I like this girl?

It's May 5th. Her birthday. Our first ride is going to circumnavigate the Owyhee Range to the Southwest of Boise and we will be in Oregon for awhile. Simple route. Highway 78 to Mud Flat road. Cross the North Fork of the Owyhee River and make a right on Corral Creek. Meet back up with the highway and burn 95 home. Simple route to get her new stuff dusty.

 photo P1060831.jpg

It's cold this morning. Not sure why the hell my heated vest is at home. But, it is. Then, I notice we start to have a little bit of an issue. 38 miles to fuel and 32 miles remain on board. I kept her in the dark for a little while. But, I had to point it out to get her blood flowing when the miles remaining were on zero, low fuel light illuminated, and no bars of gas left when we were still at least 6 miles from the gas station. Nice way to start out her first ride with a little excitement.

We made it. Had plenty of fuel left. All of 0.15 gallons. Even on the highway out in the desert there is barely any gas.

 photo P1060833.jpg

 photo P1060834.jpg

The sun is out, but it is still chilly. And it sure is nice to have someone to snuggle with on the bike. Not that it's any warmer, but is sure is more pleasant.

Off on the gravel for her first taste of life off road on a motorcycle. Of course they laid down fresh gravel so the bike is squirmy as hell.

 photo P1060836.jpg

 photo P1060837.jpg

 photo P1060840.jpg

We got a kick out of this. The Pole Creek Wilderness is one of the new Wilderness areas that has been created over the past few years. And you all know how I feel about more wilderness in this part of the country. But if you don't know how I feel, I'M AGAINST IT!! All it does is block off areas that would have been used by people and allow only foot traffic in. And let me tell you... ain't nobody hiking this shit in the desert. Public land disappears.

 photo P1060844.jpg

Not sure what the author meant in the photo below, but I like to think somebody is as pissed off as I am they can't use this land anymore.

 photo P1060843.jpg

 photo P1060845.jpg

 photo P1060846.jpg

 photo P1060848.jpg

 photo P1060850.jpg

 photo P1060851.jpg

 photo P1060853.jpg

 photo P1060854.jpg

 photo P1060856.jpg

 photo P1060858.jpg

Dropping into the North Fork of the Owyhee Canyon. We are getting hungry and it's time to stop for lunch down there.

 photo P1060860.jpg

 photo P1060861.jpg

 photo P1060863.jpg

 photo P1060865.jpg

Time for a little food. And time for a little update. I've almost left the writing out of this story for effect. There's just nothing to report about her. And that's the great part. She's a natural rider.

Other than the added weight, and that's not much for this sexy woman, I can't even tell she's back there. She moves right along with me, is conscious about body position when stopped, and squeezes me back when I grab her hand.

We had a nice lunch sitting in the sun. It warm and scenery was beautiful. Time to load up and continue the journey.

 photo P1060866.jpg

 photo P1060867.jpg

We found our turn off to Corral Creek Rd. Just as my friend Tom said it would be. And now I even have somebody to get the gates for me!

 photo P1060868.jpg

Now you don't think I'd let our first ride take place on ALL good graded gravel roads, would you? Nope. Sure as hell not. Now that she's a little used to being off road, let's go down a mountain two track.

Corral Creek traverses three different creek drainages and then climbs to the North side of South Mountain. The tallest peak in the Southern Owyhees. Tom told me it would be rough in places. And we are looking forward to it!

The first drainage has quite the entrance to it and I asked Tamara to walk it. There were some step downs and a fair amount of large loose rocks followed by a sharp left switchback. She was happy to take photos.

 photo P1060869.jpg

 photo P1060871.jpg

 photo P1060872.jpg

Bad snow year this year means all the creeks are running really low. This was Tamara's first creek crossing on a moto. Juniper Creek.

 photo P1060874.jpg

Cabin Creek drainage.

 photo P1060875.jpg

 photo P1060876.jpg

 photo P1060877.jpg

South Mountain in the hazy distance. We'll be headed to the right of that mountain and it's all unmaintained Jeep road between here and there.

 photo P1060878.jpg

Corral Creek Crossing.

 photo P1060879.jpg

 photo P1060881.jpg

 photo P1060882.jpg

 photo P1060884.jpg

 photo P1060885.jpg

 photo P1060886.jpg

High on a ridge and Tamara is smiling. She is loving this! And so am I! Remember my "Happiness is best when shared" comment? Yep. Even saw four elk on this stretch.

 photo P1060887.jpg

 photo P1060888.jpg

 photo P1060889.jpg

 photo P1060890.jpg

 photo P1060891.jpg

Off the Jeep trail and back on the graded stuff. Success!

 photo P1060892.jpg

Just 100 miles to home on the pavement. Her first day on a dual sport was well over 300 miles. All three of us thoroughly enjoyed our day outside. It's great to have Hobbes back. It's great to have this amazing woman to play with. And it's great to have the time to do it all.
__________________
2011 Triumph 800 XC
2007 Honda CRF 250X
1994 Kawasaki KLX 650R

THE ADVENTURES OF TYSON AND HOBBES
THE BACKCOUNTRY PURSUIT- Boise, Idaho's consignment specialist for ADV gear!
av_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:49 AM   #910
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer
 
TheAdmiral's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Sand Hollow, Idaho
Oddometer: 908
Possible close encounter

You may have passed by us! I drove the support vehicle for my father-in-laws wagon train ride. i.e. I had my camper, and the wife and I rode my TW and ATV instead of being on the wagons.

Anyway, we were camped at Cottonwood Creek just a tad past the Juniper Mtn turn off. Just curious if you saw the camp.

Been darn near 16 or 17 years since I've been on the Corral Creek trail. Your taking this reminds me to "re-explore" it once again. Glad you had a good time with your new found friend. Sharing a ride with someone is kinda fun ain't it!
__________________
For the record, I hate snakes!

Admiral's Voyages http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788178
TheAdmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #911
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer
 
KildareMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: County Kildare, Ireland
Oddometer: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by av_mech View Post
Thanks Swimmer. I knew about tune ECU and I'll go this route. I have an aftermarket exhaust, but not the Arrow. It's a Fuel exhaust which I highly recommend for the sound and the price point. I'll have to search to find the non Arrow tune. I asked the dealership to load it since there's no longer any more warranty to void. They refused. Not real happy with them. But they are the only Triumph dealership for hundreds of miles.
No searching required. All tunes are on Tuneecu.com, he says hurrying to check that they are.
Phew they are.

Spotted you have abs so you need

Tiger 800 XC - ABS, standard exhaust = 20653

Mine ran like shite with the arrow tune, which my local T dealer loaded because of my Scorpion can. Got home and loaded correct standard tune. Beautiful again.

PS extremely jealous of your riding locations.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #912
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer
 
obrianmcc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by av_mech View Post
Round two. Many of you are familiar with the woes I have had with this carbon build up inside the motor of Hobbes. It happened once around 8500 miles and the stealership in Denver and Triumph fixed it no problem. They said leaky valve guide seals were the culprit.

A number of months ago, and before I quit my job in aviation, I took a really fancy boroscope and looked inside the cylinders. I photographed the carbon build-up and showed them to the stearlship in Boise. They and Triumph agreed that they needed to look in the motor again. And this was after a month of taking their sweet ass time getting things approved.

Work finally started and of course I didn't get many updates. I asked to see the motor torn apart and was never called. Just called when the work was done. I asked to see pictures and the recorded measurements of valve clearances and cylinders. I've had my bike back for weeks and I'm still waiting on this data. I've asked Birds of Prey three times now.

I was told the technician thought this was a totally normal amount of carbon build up. All things in spec. Nothing wrong.

Well what about the shitty fuel mileage? Could all the excess fuel they are dumping into the motor be causing the carbon? Back story in this is these Tigers had a stalling problem when they first came out. Mine never stalled once and I never had this problem. Triumph came out with a MANDATORY service bulletin engine tune to solve this problem I never had. During Round
One they loaded the new tune for a performance pipe and my gas mileage went from low 50's and high 40's to low 40's and high 30's. 10 mpg I lost for a problem I never had. Now I can't even get 200 miles out of a tank of gas. That's a big problem for people in this part of the country. What's the solution? Spend $400 on a Power Commander V and another $300 to have it dynoed and a real fuel map drawn. Triumph doesn't own a dyno and leaves us with this shitty fix? Guess so.

So maybe that would help. Spend $700 I don't have right now to fix the shitty tune Triumph wrote to solve a problem they tell me doesn't exist. Well, I don't know what to do anymore. Actually I do. My warranty has expired and I'm just gonna ride the damn thing. It runs like a top and there has never been any performance issues. The bike just screams and has always been reliable. Guess I should just ride it. I think that's what I'll do.

The conclusion to this carbon build up? They say it's normal and there's nothing wrong. I guess that's what I have to go with.
Seems as if Birds of Prey are getting mixed reviews on their service...... Appears that they struggle when it comes to following instructions?

http://boiseriders.net/mechanical-te...xperience.html

Cyclone Cycles have been getting from local riders.....might be worth at least having a conversation with them should future service be needed.
__________________
2006 DRZ 400 E / Plated - 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear

obrianmcc screwed with this post 05-27-2013 at 09:37 AM
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #913
av_mech OP
Risk Taker
 
av_mech's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Boise, ID
Oddometer: 1,143
The day after my fabulous ride with my new squeeze was Monday. I had off and she had to work. What ever was I to do with my time?

At this point, and after 40,000+ thousand miles of dual sport riding over the last three years, I've covered most all of the main roads close to home. It's time to start exploring the "spurs".

Just going to head out to the Owyhees today. It's the mountain range to the south that all the people who live in the Treasure Valley look at every day. And so few of those people take the time to drive "over yonder" and check out our back yard.

 photo P1060893.jpg

That's Jump Creek Canyon. A pretty popular spot actually. Lots of people go to practice canyoneering there. Especially when the water is really flowing to prep for doing the gnarly canyons in Utah. A customer at the shop offered to take me sometime and I think I might just have to go.

I'm not going through the canyon. I'm going up the side of it. There's a little thin red line of a road on the map that says I can go straight up the North side and meet up with Poison Creek.

 photo P1060894.jpg

 photo P1060896.jpg

It was a pretty good climb up the side to start with. Then flattened out for a bit. Then it went down. Big time. One of those "I sure hope I don't have to come back up this" moments I seem to have rather frequently. And then back up big time. Kinda wished for a knobby tire today.

 photo P1060897.jpg

That's a pretty good climb, but no where near the point I don't think I can do it. Or as steep as what I had just done. I did have the butterflies in the tummy a bit.

 photo P1060898.jpg

 photo P1060899.jpg

Now I'm up on the rim. This is view of the canyon not many see.

 photo P1060900.jpg

 photo P1060901.jpg

 photo P1060902.jpg

 photo P1060903.jpg

That's a looooooooooooooong way down!

 photo P1060904.jpg

Now I'm up on the top of the plateau and its easy sailing. Poison Creek is just a few miles up and I've been on that road numerous times.

 photo P1060908.jpg

 photo P1060909.jpg

 photo P1060910.jpg

 photo P1060911.jpg

 photo P1060912.jpg

 photo P1060913.jpg

Lots of folks have lived a very hard life out in these parts. I wish the rest of the world knew that it was tough here too. America is not all it's viewed to be sometimes.

 photo P1060914.jpg

 photo P1060915.jpg

The next spur is Leslie Gulch. An out and back to the Owyhee Reservoir that people speak very highly about.

 photo P1060916.jpg

 photo P1060917.jpg

 photo P1060918.jpg

 photo P1060919.jpg

 photo P1060920.jpg

 photo P1060921.jpg

 photo P1060922.jpg

 photo P1060923.jpg

 photo P1060924.jpg

 photo P1060926.jpg

All of a sudden....BAM!!! Leslie Gulch! This place is amazing! When I'm putting along in 3rd gear really enjoying the scenery, you know it's pretty. Totally taking my time and photos. This is such a unique area. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. It's about 10 miles if this.

 photo P1060928.jpg

 photo P1060929.jpg

 photo P1060929.jpg

 photo P1060931.jpg

 photo P1060932.jpg

 photo P1060933.jpg

 photo P1060934.jpg

 photo P1060935.jpg

 photo P1060936.jpg

 photo P1060937.jpg

 photo P1060938.jpg

 photo P1060939.jpg

 photo P1060940.jpg

 photo P1060941.jpg

 photo P1060942.jpg

Just a quick pee break at the reservoir. Time to reflect on just how low the water is. This is scary. I like to have water to drink and cook with. I also like to eat food which generally requires water to grow. And, it's nice to take a shower every now and then.

Bad snow year and dry Spring. And guess what? Everybody's lawn is green here! In the desert! I'm sorry, but green lawns in the desert are RETARDED!! I didn't turn my sprinklers in this year much to my neighbor's horror. It's pretty consistently reported that 50% of residential water use is for lawns. Not to mention all the perfectly good fuel that gets burned in lawnmowers. It should be in my moto tank!

I'm gonna transplant some sage brush next spring and call it good. That seems to grow pretty well in these parts.

 photo P1060943.jpg

Back out the canyon.

 photo P1060945.jpg

 photo P1060945.jpg

Another little side trip off the road to the top of the ridge for a better look.

 photo P1060947.jpg

 photo P1060948.jpg

 photo P1060949.jpg

 photo P1060950.jpg

Thunderstorm a brewin' just as I pulled into my girl's house. Great end to a great day. Dinner, wine, and bed.

 photo P1060952.jpg
__________________
2011 Triumph 800 XC
2007 Honda CRF 250X
1994 Kawasaki KLX 650R

THE ADVENTURES OF TYSON AND HOBBES
THE BACKCOUNTRY PURSUIT- Boise, Idaho's consignment specialist for ADV gear!
av_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #914
av_mech OP
Risk Taker
 
av_mech's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Boise, ID
Oddometer: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdmiral View Post
You may have passed by us! I drove the support vehicle for my father-in-laws wagon train ride. i.e. I had my camper, and the wife and I rode my TW and ATV instead of being on the wagons.

Anyway, we were camped at Cottonwood Creek just a tad past the Juniper Mtn turn off. Just curious if you saw the camp.

Been darn near 16 or 17 years since I've been on the Corral Creek trail. Your taking this reminds me to "re-explore" it once again. Glad you had a good time with your new found friend. Sharing a ride with someone is kinda fun ain't it!
I do remember that campsite! On the South side of the road in the same vicinity as some sheep herders? When are we finally gonna meet in person?
__________________
2011 Triumph 800 XC
2007 Honda CRF 250X
1994 Kawasaki KLX 650R

THE ADVENTURES OF TYSON AND HOBBES
THE BACKCOUNTRY PURSUIT- Boise, Idaho's consignment specialist for ADV gear!
av_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #915
av_mech OP
Risk Taker
 
av_mech's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Boise, ID
Oddometer: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
Wow, that sucks! Glad I'm no longer planning to get a Tiger 800XC.

I'd say when you have the money, get a proper tune. If for no other reason than to get your mpg back. But otherwise, just ride it.

Rob
No longer planning on getting a Tiger? Why not? Just cause I had a little carbon build up?
__________________
2011 Triumph 800 XC
2007 Honda CRF 250X
1994 Kawasaki KLX 650R

THE ADVENTURES OF TYSON AND HOBBES
THE BACKCOUNTRY PURSUIT- Boise, Idaho's consignment specialist for ADV gear!
av_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014