User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2014, 04:56 AM   #1
RideAndRoam OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
2014 Millevaches rally (video report)

Here is a little video of the 2014 Millevaches rally, a motorcycle winter rally held in France. The event takes place every December in Limousin area, central France, on the Millevaches plateau at 900 m. It was established in 1969 to the same spirit as the Elefantentreffen in Germany. The rally lasted until 1974 but was revived in 2009. This year about 2500 bikers were present. Sadly there was no snow…

I first participated last year and loved the atmosphere that I found: no showing off, no so-called Moto GP rider, no ignition cut-off at every corners… Thanks to a selective entry (only 2 wheels or 3 wheels vehicles are accepted, you only bring what your bike can hold), all the dumbasses are kept away! There are only motorcyclists who want to share the same effort of riding and camping in winter. In these hard conditions, friendship and fraternity between riders are at their best. I also found interesting the diversity of the bikes: modern, vintage, ancestor, GT, custom, trail bikes all together… Of course there are a lot of side-cars including many Urals. It is also a good place to look at other’s bikes and see how they pack their stuff. But the best part is to share motorcycle travels around a fire camp with the people you meet.

Here is the video from last year: