User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #616
beverclan
Zip'n Onwards

Oddometer: 56
Yes!

Mark, Finally got to tune the bike using the Harmonizer. Started with the TwinMax and dialed in to what it said was "zero" (approximately average with the needle bouncing between -1/+1. Then I put the Harmonizer on line, and within seconds had it down to zero, which was slightly different from the TwinMax and much more precise. Love having the rpm right on the readout. Thanks! Tim
beverclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #617
Slowfred
Slowfred

Oddometer: 2
Harmonizer Vacume Multi Tool

Hello I would like to order one, if you have a phone number or an address. Thank You, also new with computers.
Slowfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:54 AM   #618
zei220
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Anyone got one for sale after selling their bike?

thanks,
zei220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #619
Aspelund
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Still looking for Harmonizer... so if anyone has one on offer, please leave a private message.

With greetings from Estonia
A.
Aspelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #620
wvpc1
AKA: Bill

Oddometer: 36
Noob delurking

Hi-This is my first post to a very informative thread. I am still learning about the Harmonizer and would like to know when/if I might be able to purchase one. Does any one have one in the SE Michigan area?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #621
Clay Spinner
Woodfire or Bust

Oddometer: 586
I took my harmonizer to an 'Airhead' weekend over here in the UK. Sorry to PW who had brought his carbtune sticks with him... did they even come out of the bag?

The idea was a weekend for airhead riders to get together and share knowledge and skills in a private garage and have some cracking food and play on some bikes. Having only ever owned oilheads (I know... I'm getting smarter as I get older!) I had no idea how to properly tune carbs. Two very kind gentlemen taught me about setting up carbs and the harmonizer was a great tool to help me make sense of what all of those little screws and cables were for. Following my lesson, carbs were adjusted on every bike in attendance... all bar one being quite a ways from perfect! Another great feature was that, as some bike were way way out of balance, the harmonizer... I'm guessing... changes the scale so that you can still see which side of line you are on whilst the digital readout tells you by how many mbars (I may be making that up but thats how it works in my head!); basically telling to you only turn the cable a wee bit, or twist it like you're rolling a cigarette! One gets a much better idea than on a maxed out needle reading or having oil sucked into your engine!

Nearly everyone left with a bike that ticked over very nicely and all vibrations were gone. What was also apparent was that some throttle cables needed to be replaced as there was no way to adjust them to be perfectly balanced (cables were too stretched).. though they were much closer when we had finished with them. An added bonus I guess.

I'd say on average, we got it down to about 2 minutes or less per bike. You can see the first lot of bikes brought into the garage ready to be 'tuned'. Around the corner (behind the wall on the right in the photo) there were three bikes being worked on... two on lovely big lifts. The first bike, where I was to receive my tuition was the black r100GSpd (you can just see the pannier) followed by my white r80 g/s. Slowly but surely the rest of the bikes crept in until the garage was full. By the end of it we were worried that the harmonizer's batteries would be dead as bikes were coming in as fast as they could be tuned. It was a great way to learn and I think everyone was pleased to have their bikes running smoother. Thanks for a good product at a great price.

The only negative comment I heard was someone saying that they though they wasted money on a twinmax or similar... and for improvments... it would be nice if it came with some ice cream!

Clay Spinner screwed with this post 06-19-2012 at 09:12 AM
Clay Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #622
jwtayl01
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I am very interested in getting one of these tools. Please keep us updated as to when you will be selling them again. Thanks!!

Jesse
jwtayl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #623
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 1,067
I want to kow when the four carb model will be out? I already used my dual carb unit on every bike i can get my hands on. Now I have a few four carb models to work on.

By the way my only issue is it wirks so well I dont use it very much.
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #624
mnd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bonehead View Post
By the way my only issue is it works so well I don't use it very much.
This.

I pulled mine out to check the balance it was still dead on.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #625
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,796
Thumb Another Happy Customer!!!

~

Been meaning to chime in here for a while, Grok...

To put it simply and succinctly - IMHO your "Harmonizer" is without question the very best twin-cylinder carb/throttle-body balancing tool ever produced. Accurate, consistent, easy-to-use, made of high-quality materials with the highest levels of workmanship... compact, lightweight, etc., etc.... Literally so damn good it doesn't even need instructions.

What more could you ask for?

Oh, I know... The four-cylinder model you keep promising us!!!

As I have said before, sign me up for one of those just as soon as they are ready!

Thanks for making one of the most favorite tools I have in my tool box.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office. - Unknown

'Cos it's easier to try than to prove it can't be done, and it's easier to stay than to turn around and run. - Justin Hayward

Dallara screwed with this post 06-25-2012 at 12:26 PM
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #626
polishadam82
black sheep

Oddometer: 102
Grok you are DA MAN!!! I just picked up one of your Harmonizers from another inmate and all I have to say is one thing you are a genius this is best balancer I had ever worked with
polishadam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #627
Dadrider Jeff
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I waited too long on the last buy

I want in on the next window of opportunity to buy one too!
Dadrider Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #628
GuyRocket
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Updates?

Any updates on availability? I disposed of my Hg based manometer a while back. Since buying a used GS I've been patiently waiting for the expected 4-6 weeks for these to become available. Any ideas as to the current lead time?

GuyRocket screwed with this post 06-26-2012 at 06:46 AM
GuyRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #629
hogmaine
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed3guy View Post
Any updates on availability? I disposed of my Hg based manometer a while back. Since buying a used GS I've been patiently waiting for the expected 4-6 weeks for these to become available. Any ideas as to the current lead time?
+1
Old 06-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #630
Dachary
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
D'oh!

I tried out a Harmonizer at a rally a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I'm ready to start making changes to my carbs, and went to go buy a Harmonizer - and discovered this thread! ACK! Had I known when I tried it that I couldn't buy it, I probably wouldn't have tried it. Now I WANT it and can't get it!

I really don't want to have to buy a Twinmax after using the Harmonizer...

I want to add a +1 to the list of interested folks who would love to order one if they become available soon.

(And if any of you happy Harmonizer customers are willing to part with yours, PM me! My window for buying is a short couple of weeks!)
BOS -> CO - 2 dogs in a Ural - 2012
Find us on SPOT
Dachary is offline   Reply With Quote