Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #1021
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno1 View Post
I would like to buy a Harmonizer but can't seem to find the link I need to click on to order one. How do you place an order?
See post 1011 and subscribe.

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #1022
Bitsy
n00b

Oddometer: 2
How to purchase?

I can't seem to find your business address....
-Bitsy
Bitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #1023
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy View Post
I can't seem to find your business address....
-Bitsy
Check the first post of this thread. He's sold out again, subscribe to the thread and Grok will post when they go back up for sale. Looks like he'll have more ready for sale in May.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #1024
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
I would like to buy a Harmonizer but can't seem to find the link I need to click on to order one. How do you place an order?
Post #1 in this thread,
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701625
Old 03-25-2013, 04:00 AM   #1025
a2zworks
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I have one as well

Thank you Grok, most grateful here from Tasmania
a2zworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #1026
Reno1
n00b

Question Link To Buy Harmonizer

Hi I would like to buy a Harmonizer is the a link or site I can go to to get on the waiting list for May?
Reno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #1027
Green Boy
n00b

Quote:
Hi I would like to buy a Harmonizer is the a link or site I can go to to get on the waiting list for May?
Like he said +1.

Am a newbie on here so humour me on this one...
Green Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #1028
Zebedee
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Boy View Post
Like he said +1.

Am a newbie on here so humour me on this one...
By posting in the this thread you've automatically subscribed yourself to receive updates.

So, as and when Grok gets a new supply of harmonizers in stock, he'll post here to advise, and you should get an email to notify you (be sure to check back every time you do receive a notification otherwise the notifications will cease).

At that point you jump back to the first post in this thread and the option to order via paypay will be available to you. Does that explain it?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #1029
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,710
Bluhduh Pretty friggin' basic...

~

Geez, people... Newbie or not, does *ANYBODY* bother to actually read some in a thread anymore???

Or are we so much into the age where folks demand instant gratification with no work involved?

For those of you out there who want to purchase one of Grok's "Harmonizer" rigs I suggest you *FIRST* read the very first post in the thread - then come back and read about the last 5 or 6 pages in the thread. That will save you from asking questions that have already been answered numerous, numerous times.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #1030
adventure18
adventure18

Oddometer: 5
item received

Thanks Grok,harmonizer arrive today.From Singapore
adventure18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:29 AM   #1031
Green Boy
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
By posting in the this thread you've automatically subscribed yourself to receive updates.

So, as and when Grok gets a new supply of harmonizers in stock, he'll post here to advise, and you should get an email to notify you (be sure to check back every time you do receive a notification otherwise the notifications will cease).

At that point you jump back to the first post in this thread and the option to order via paypay will be available to you. Does that explain it?
Thanks - much appreciated
Green Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #1032
Renman1117
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Diagnostic tools differences??

Read the entire thread over the course of a couple of months. In the meantime I have had my bike torn down and put back together doing some modifications. A scheduled tune up is coming up soon.

My question is; are all these diagnostic tools different or do they essentially do the same job. I ask because I will be purchasing one of these devices in the near future for use on my 09 Moto Guzzi Stelvio. Am leaning toward the Harmonizer, Looking at the Centurion-S, is it more feature rich ? The basic Centurion -S is limited to one machine type, while the harmonizer looks like it will work across the board.
Just trying to learn.

Harmonizer

Centurion-S or (TR-VDST) @ Guzzitech
http://forum.guzzitech.com/store/pro...athway-11.html this model is specific to one specific machine.

Ducati Diagnostics ????
Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #1033
chasbmw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,684
[QUOTE=Renman1117;21046049]Read the entire thread over the course of a couple of months. In the meantime I have had my bike torn down and put back together doing some modifications. A scheduled tune up is coming up soon.

My question is; are all these diagnostic tools different or do they essentially do the same job. I ask because I will be purchasing one of these devices in the near future for use on my 09 Moto Guzzi Stelvio. Am leaning toward the Harmonizer, Looking at the Centurion-S, is it more feature rich ? The basic Centurion -S is limited to one machine type, while the harmonizer looks like it will work across the board.
Just trying to learn.

It looks as if the Centurion is a full computer interface to the ECU of your Stelvio and as such will do much more than the harmonizer, eg will read and reset fault codes etc etc. the Harmoniser is an electronic vacuum guage, with a read out that will give you rpm figures and the guage function will enable to look at how well each cylinder is pulling.
On your guzzi it will enable to you to synchronize the throttle bodies, but not much else, but it costs significantly less than the Centurion and will carry out its function on all(?) engines that have vacuum ports.
1971 Commando Fastback
chasbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #1034
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,710
Apples vs. Oranges...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renman1117 View Post
Read the entire thread over the course of a couple of months. In the meantime I have had my bike torn down and put back together doing some modifications. A scheduled tune up is coming up soon.

Just trying to learn.

Harmonizer

Centurion-S or (TR-VDST) @ Guzzitech
http://forum.guzzitech.com/store/pro...athway-11.html this model is specific to one specific machine.

Ducati Diagnostics ????

Two different devices for two completely different purposes...

The Guzzi device you reference in your link is simply a "badged" version of Technoresearch's VDST electronics tuning and diagnostic system. See more here:

http://www.technoresearch.com/

It will do a lot of things, but one thing it will *NOT* do is synch your throttle bodies. Quite the contrary. It plugs into the connection to the ECU and allows you to alter some ECU parameters, but only those not "locked down" by the motorcycle or ECU manufacturer.

OTOH, the "Harmonizer" is a pressure differential device that allows you to measure the intake vacuum in each intake tract. It hooks up to ports on your intake manifolds and allows you to *balance* the airflow so each cylinder is operating at the same negative intake pressure.

Unless you are a professional shop you will probably rarely, if ever, use the capabilities of the VDST system (and I know, I had one with the specific software, cables, etc. for Ducati's, and sold it)... OTOH, you will use a manometer-type device like the "Harmonizer" all the time, at every tune-up, and you can use it on any twin-cylinder motorcycle.

Hope this helps.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #1035
Renman1117
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Thanks for the reply

Quick response, thanks guys the responses clear up my questions perfectly. Looks like I need a harmonizer.

Cliff

Renman1117 screwed with this post 03-27-2013 at 09:43 AM
Renman1117 is offline   Reply With Quote