Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #1036
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,659
Sounds like a comparrison between the Harmonizer and the GS911 for BMWs.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #1037
cptred
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Waiting for supply

I am interested in getting this. I did a search and could not find any information on the warranty of this product. Is there a warranty for defects?
cptred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #1038
Berger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptred View Post
I am interested in getting this. I did a search and could not find any information on the warranty of this product. Is there a warranty for defects?
If memory serves, it carries a 2 year warranty, and he stands by the product.

Sent from my Mobile

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723916
Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #1039
Spiff Spiffster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Got it!!

Just recieved my Harmonizer from the post. My first impression is that it is a very tidy and a very well made piece of equipment. Had to press the button of course. It has lights and happy faces!!!Looks well designed and easy to use. Great packaging also. I am looking forward to giving it a whirl tommorow. I will update after my first use.

Awesome job Grok, Thanks
Spiff Spiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #1040
yellow 1150GS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
It was too easy!!

Got my Harmonizer last week and finally got time to use it today. Recently rebuilt my throttle bodies on my 2003 GS with 131,000 miles. Rebuild went well, but when I took it to the dealer to have them balance the throttle bodies I was less than satisfied with the results. The mechanic explained that the stop screws probably needed to be adjusted since I had replaced the spindle assemblies and to do it could take up to several hours. I wasn't going to pay the hourly rate and spent the money on the Harmonizer instead. I checked existing balance today and the BBscrews were 1 turn away from each other. Setting them both the same (1 1/2 turns out) made the balance 175mbar off. Started from scratch with the stop screws backed completely out, BBscrews set to 1 1/4 turns out, TPS set to .001 volts, I set the TPS to .320 volts by moving the left throttle stop screw, balanced the right side to match, and only had to adjust the cables to get a balance at 3500 rpm. Also found out that my tachometer is about 150 rpm lower than actual engine speed. Rode it around the parking lot and had a variance of only + or - 2mbar from idle all the way up. I am pleased!!! Took it for a spin at highway speeds, and my mirrors are the clearest they have been in years at highway speeds and bike is great at low (walking) speeds. Best part it took less than 1 hour. Thanks Grok!!
yellow 1150GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #1041
snookers
Old Fart

Oddometer: 8
Laugh

Just getting placed for a reply when these units become available once more.
snookers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #1042
Renman1117
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Harmonizer and Diagnostic software for Guzzi/Ducati

So after receiving feedback from this forum and the Wildguzzi forum, I will definitely be getting the Harmonizer. The consensus is that the better alternative to the Centurion diagnostic tool is to download the available software program written by enthusiast from the EU to your laptop for Ducati or Moto Guzzi,( along with a donation is recommended) purchase the needed cables from Amazon for $20.00 and rock and roll. With the Harmonizer and the Guzzi/Ducati software most of your tune-up needs can be addressed. The Ducati diagnostic software will work on both the Ducati and Guzzi machines, while the Guzzi software is specific to Moto Guzzi. Shoot I'm pretty sure some guys art utilizing the software on their Androids. Makes the harmonizer and the diagnostic software on the Android a great compact traveling companion. Pretty Cool!!

Cliff
Old 03-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #1043
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 1,033
I still want a four carb model-grok?????? i will post again in a few more months the same thing-lol. And yes i have read the entire thread mutiple times!!!
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #1044
pwlindo
I can do this!

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renman1117 View Post
So after receiving feedback from this forum and the Wildguzzi forum, I will definitely be getting the Harmonizer. The consensus is that the better alternative to the Centurion diagnostic tool is to download the available software program written by enthusiast from the EU to your laptop for Ducati or Moto Guzzi,( along with a donation is recommended) purchase the needed cables from Amazon for $20.00 and rock and roll. With the Harmonizer and the Guzzi/Ducati software most of your tune-up needs can be addressed. The Ducati diagnostic software will work on both the Ducati and Guzzi machines, while the Guzzi software is specific to Moto Guzzi. Shoot I'm pretty sure some guys art utilizing the software on their Androids. Makes the harmonizer and the diagnostic software on the Android a great compact traveling companion. Pretty Cool!!

Cliff
Can you point me to where I can find the software you are referring to here? My son has a Guzzi and I bought him a Harmonizer a while ago because I like the one I bought for myself so much. He would probably be interested in the software also.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #1045
cwieland
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
something may be wrong woth my harmonizer

I parked the actuators with a gs911 and the balance was off about 20 to 25. At 3500 it was off about 125. The bike is an '11 r1200gs with 6,000 miles and runs strong. I have tried to set the idle and the 3500 rpm to zero but when either is zero the other is way off. Also when adjusted if I turn the bike off and calibrate again it is not repeatable. Is there a way to test the harmonizer?
cwieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #1046
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwieland View Post
I parked the actuators with a gs911 and the balance was off about 20 to 25. At 3500 it was off about 125. The bike is an '11 r1200gs with 6,000 miles and runs strong. I have tried to set the idle and the 3500 rpm to zero but when either is zero the other is way off. Also when adjusted if I turn the bike off and calibrate again it is not repeatable. Is there a way to test the harmonizer?
There is no way to actually set the idle on the Camhead. You can calibrate it, but that is all. Concentrate on setting the off idle at no more than 3000RPM. The idle will never zero.

See this, it is a Twinmax, but basically the same: http://www.jimvonbaden.com/R1200_TB_Sync.html

Jim
Old 03-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #1047
cwieland
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
There is no way to actually set the idle on the Camhead. You can calibrate it, but that is all. Concentrate on setting the off idle at no more than 3000RPM. The idle will never zero.

See this, it is a Twinmax, but basically the same: http://www.jimvonbaden.com/R1200_TB_Sync.html

Jim

Thanks for the reply, My issue seems to be that if I have it 0 at 2500 rpm it will be off by 15 mbars at 3500. It seems like it should not vary this much. As you describe in your tutorial yours is balanced between 2500 and 4000.

con
cwieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #1048
Renman1117
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Guzzi Diagnostic software link you requsted

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwlindo View Post
Can you point me to where I can find the software you are referring to here? My son has a Guzzi and I bought him a Harmonizer a while ago because I like the one I bought for myself so much. He would probably be interested in the software also.
Sure. The direct thread for the software download is located here;
http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

It would be most helpful to follow the short discussion on Wildguzzi regarding this topic. it is located at:http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=59717.40 Pretty much covers cables and software. You don't need the Tuner Pro software that's on the guys website located at the bottom of the download page, unless you want to change maps. Otherwise this is a nice bit of kit. I just downloaded it to my laptop and am waiting for the cable to arrive from Amazon you know who. Hope this helps.

Cliff
Old 03-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #1049
pwlindo
I can do this!

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renman1117 View Post
Sure. The direct thread for the software download is located here;
http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

It would be most helpful to follow the short discussion on Wildguzzi regarding this topic. it is located at:http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=59717.40 Pretty much covers cables and software. You don't need the Tuner Pro software that's on the guys website located at the bottom of the download page, unless you want to change maps. Otherwise this is a nice bit of kit. I just downloaded it to my laptop and am waiting for the cable to arrive from Amazon you know who. Hope this helps.

Cliff
Helps a lot. Thanks, Cliff
Paul
Old 03-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #1050
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwieland View Post
Thanks for the reply, My issue seems to be that if I have it 0 at 2500 rpm it will be off by 15 mbars at 3500. It seems like it should not vary this much. As you describe in your tutorial yours is balanced between 2500 and 4000.

con
How many miles on your bike? You might have a vacuum leak through the rubber boots or through the butterfly bushings. Also, are you ensuring you have the proper slack on both sides?

Quote:
Acheiving the required slack is trickier on the R1200 because you can't feel the slack. The only way is to hook up a Twinmax type device and then loosen the cables. Tighten one side until you get a reaction from the Twinmax, then back it off about one full turn. Do the same on the other side and you have both at about 1mm slack.
Jim

JimVonBaden screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 09:09 AM Reason: spelling