ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
Nimi OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica and Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 211
Leaving the Tribe

Gentlemen - had a blast here with you, and the bike, but moving on. Not getting enough saddle time (no comments, pervs), and a new Indian Scout has arrived. Bike listed in the Classified, so please spread the word, and eventually you vultures can get your hands on some farkle (PM to reserve if you wish). Thanks for all the advice and support over the past couple of years. If you want to stay in touch, send PM. Love y'all! Meggie
Nimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv
 
Loutre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Reaver's Heart :o)
Oddometer: 3,600
...

my boobilicious noob... you'll be missed! Hope you'll still be around from time to time =/. we can give you a "special authorisation" like Erling has

was a great time with you, loved your reviews and pics have a nice time with your new indian
__________________
Keep the smile on your face!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Homeless Otter on the road One month to find the rising sun


Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
Nimi OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica and Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
...

my boobilicious noob... you'll be missed! Hope you'll still be around from time to time =/. we can give you a "special authorisation" like Erling has

was a great time with you, loved your reviews and pics have a nice time with your new indian
Thanks Loutre, I will certainly lurk and occasionally post non GS picture and get hackled for it. When you ride through Dallas, keep me in mind and I'll point you to some great dirt.

Excited about the Scout. Never owned a cruiser, unless you count the old Triumph bobber. It'll take some getting used to, sitting.

image
Nimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
Nimi OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica and Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
...

my boobilicious noob... you'll be missed!
And don't be so shallow, I'm not all about boobs.



image
Nimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #5
Reaver
Outta Here
 
Reaver's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Homeless Adventurer
Oddometer: 3,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimi View Post
And don't be so shallow, I'm not all about boobs.
Thanks for thinking about me!

I just rode from Canada to Santa Ana, Costa Rica. Arrived yesterday. Maybe I could get some surf lessons if you know anyone.......
__________________
Life is a Rollercoaster and I'm not strapped in!

Leaving it all behind 2014
Reaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
Nimi OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica and Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
Thanks for thinking about me!

I just rode from Canada to Santa Ana, Costa Rica. Arrived yesterday. Maybe I could get some surf lessons if you know anyone.......
Santa Ana (San Jose)? Head over to Tacobar in Escazu. Assuming you're continuing to the beach from there, let me know where you're headed and I'll try to hook you up (especially if you're headed to the Central Coast/Jaco).
Nimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #7
Reaver
Outta Here
 
Reaver's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Homeless Adventurer
Oddometer: 3,024
Soon as Loutre gets here.

Yes, just outside of SJ. I'm here for a year at least. Was going to stalk you but now that you're selling the GS, I've lost interest.
__________________
Life is a Rollercoaster and I'm not strapped in!

Leaving it all behind 2014
Reaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #8
Nimi OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica and Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
Soon as Loutre gets here.

Yes, just outside of SJ. I'm here for a year at least. Was going to stalk you but now that you're selling the GS, I've lost interest.
Switching to PM.
Nimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #9
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv
 
Loutre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Reaver's Heart :o)
Oddometer: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
Soon as Loutre gets here.

Yes, just outside of SJ. I'm here for a year at least. Was going to stalk you but now that you're selling the GS, I've lost interest.
this is a porn video that would sell but an adv decall on the sheets and a bike in the back ground and we'll have enough money to keep this website up for ages!

I'd love to head to you guys, if it wasn't for this pig pile of water I'd be camping in your backyards at least once per month (as soon as my beer is empty and I have to clean my flat )
__________________
Keep the smile on your face!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Homeless Otter on the road One month to find the rising sun


Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #10
Nimi OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica and Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
this is a porn video that would sell but an adv decall on the sheets and a bike in the back ground and we'll have enough money to keep this website up for ages!

I'd love to head to you guys, if it wasn't for this pig pile of water I'd be camping in your backyards at least once per month (as soon as my beer is empty and I have to clean my flat )
Talk to the Reavman. He and my husband are planning an orgy early next year (no girls allowed).
Nimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:36 AM   #11
BlueRidgeKat
Daily Commuter
 
BlueRidgeKat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: BlueRidgeMountains of Virginia
Oddometer: 234
Curious as to what led you from a GS to a Scout. Sorry, but I have not seen a good review on the Scout yet.
BlueRidgeKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #12
Nimi OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica and Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeKat View Post
Curious as to what led you from a GS to a Scout. Sorry, but I have not seen a good review on the Scout yet.
Tired of not being able to keep with my husband on asphalt, and he bitches when he has to ride pillion on the GS. The Scout is perfect for me: small and light, twice the power as a sportster (even before Stage 1 treatment). And given Polaris' reputation and 5yr warranty, it should be easy and cheap to maintain. Personally, I also think it's pretty cool looking, and when I am done customizing it, perfect. For the dirt we have dirt bikes and we're not really the adventuring-type (shampoo and conditioner in the same bottle is camping for us).
Nimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #13
Full Power
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Homer, Alaska
Oddometer: 1,461
"not being able to keep with my husband on asphalt".....
That was surely not any limitation of the F800, they'll run 126 mph with stock gearing, for as long as your fuel or license can handle.
.
. Enjoy the new scoot, and pop in here often More pics please ///\
__________________
Warm enough to RAIN is warm enough to RIDE.
Full Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #14
Nimi OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica and Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Power View Post
"not being able to keep with my husband on asphalt".....
That was surely not any limitation of the F800, they'll run 126 mph with stock gearing, for as long as your fuel or license can handle.
.
. Enjoy the new scoot, and pop in here often More pics please ///\
The BMW with TKCs cannot keep up with a hot-rodded Ducati, incredible suspension, weighing nothing. We swapped bikes and I kicked his ass, so it's the bike.

I will most certainly stay on, I learned a lot from this forum and had a blast.

image
Nimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #15
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: SFO Bay Area
Oddometer: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimi View Post
The BMW with TKCs cannot keep up with a hot-rodded Ducati, incredible suspension, weighing nothing. We swapped bikes and I kicked his ass, so it's the bike.
But that could have been solved by buying a spare set of wheels. Would have been far more easier on the wallet

Congrats on the new bike, everything I read about the new Indians make me believe that Polaris is getting it right with the brand. Now, if only they would resurrect the inline 4 engine...
sarathmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014