ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #76
ThirdUncle
Dusting my teeth
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
I run the exact same combo and same thing happened to my front. Plus it started to chunk off at 2k. Nothing since then.
I switched to an E09 Dakar on the rear (waiting for the front) Man what a difference.
Loved the MT 21 but it does not last. 2500-3500km at best with mixed 50/50 riding.
I looked at the EO9 for the rear, too, but the man at MX1 talked me out of them, due to them dying an earlier death. Let us know how they last.
ThirdUncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #77
YrianX
Viking Adventurer
 
YrianX's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Oslo, NORWAY
Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdUncle View Post
I looked at the EO9 for the rear, too, but the man at MX1 talked me out of them, due to them dying an earlier death. Let us know how they last.
I've run a E09 Dakar rear now for more than 10K Km without any problems what so ever. Starting to be ready for replacement within 1-2K Km though.

Love the tire. A bit more aggressive than TKC's off road, about the same on-road and a lot more tire life (about double).

Did not like the front though so running TKC there.

Per
__________________
Damn, I could have sworn I saw a trail around here somewhere...

RIDING:
F800GS & YZF 1000R
YrianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #78
ThirdUncle
Dusting my teeth
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by YrianX View Post
I've run a E09 Dakar rear now for more than 10K Km without any problems what so ever. Starting to be ready for replacement within 1-2K Km though.

Love the tire. A bit more aggressive than TKC's off road, about the same on-road and a lot more tire life (about double).

Did not like the front though so running TKC there.

Per
That sounds ideal. Too bad I just took delivery of another set of E10/EO7. Next time.
ThirdUncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:17 AM   #79
G-Mac
Gnarly Adventurer
 
G-Mac's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Peterborough Ontario Canada
Oddometer: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdUncle View Post
That sounds ideal. Too bad I just took delivery of another set of E10/EO7. Next time.
That funny. I just switched from that combo. Although I'm still waiting on my wayyyyý back ordered E09 front.
__________________
G-Mac
Take the road of greatest resistance
2013 F800GS All Around Awesome Triple A
2002 XR250R Dirty Girl so fun to ride
1997 KLR 650 miss the old girl. Never washed!
G-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:33 AM   #80
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.
 
FredRydr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Carlisle Pennsylvania USA
Oddometer: 2,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdUncle View Post
Anyone try the Sava tires on an 800GS yet?
Is there any more experience with these tires? Again I read (this time in Roadrunner Motorcycle touring & Travel, Oct 2014) that Savas were mounted on an F800GS and an 800XC, 150/70-17, with a TKC80 up front. Just looking for the miracle tire with traction like a rear TKC80 but more longevity (what else?) and not agricultural/industrial cross-over knobbies.

There are six ADVrider links with "Sava" in their topics:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...highlight=sava
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...highlight=sava
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...highlight=sava
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...highlight=sava
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...highlight=sava
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...highlight=sava

Fred

P.S. Screw it. I'm ordering a pair to see how it goes, since RawHyde's take on the alternatives matches my experience. I have three sets of wheels, the first with TKC80s, the second sealed for tubeless with new take-offs I buy off the FM (e.g., Scorpions, Battlaxes, Anakee2s) and the third, soon with the Savas. I'll try to keep the Savas on the bike as much as I can just to see what's what.

FredRydr screwed with this post 08-15-2014 at 06:10 AM Reason: post script
FredRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:20 AM   #81
ThirdUncle
Dusting my teeth
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
P.S. Screw it. I'm ordering a pair to see how it goes, since RawHyde's take on the alternatives matches my experience. I have three sets of wheels, the first with TKC80s, the second sealed for tubeless with new take-offs I buy off the FM (e.g., Scorpions, Battlaxes, Anakee2s) and the third, soon with the Savas. I'll try to keep the Savas on the bike as much as I can just to see what's what.
Hope to have a report on them once you've done some muddin' and such. Though, I think I'm happy enough with Mitas to finally cease my half-decade-long quest for the perfect dualsport tire, and just ride the beast.
ThirdUncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #82
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.
 
FredRydr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Carlisle Pennsylvania USA
Oddometer: 2,456
It turns out that supplies are low stateside. I'll find out more next week.

Fred
FredRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #83
YrianX
Viking Adventurer
 
YrianX's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Oslo, NORWAY
Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
It turns out that supplies are low stateside. I'll find out more next week.

Fred
Fred, I really hope you get hold of a set of E09s. Would love to hear your take on them. As said before my take on the E09 rear has been stellar. The front, not so much...

Per.
__________________
Damn, I could have sworn I saw a trail around here somewhere...

RIDING:
F800GS & YZF 1000R
YrianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:43 AM   #84
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.
 
FredRydr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Carlisle Pennsylvania USA
Oddometer: 2,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by YrianX View Post
Fred, I really hope you get hold of a set of E09s. Would love to hear your take on them. As said before my take on the E09 rear has been stellar. The front, not so much...

Per.
More new tires? Well, as it is I have five sets of tires from new to half-worn, already ordering a sixth set (plus an extra rear) will make for a lot of miles, so I'm reluctant to buy E09s just now. I confess that I'm a sucker for new OEM take-offs when bargains appear in the parts flea market, which only adds to the pile.

Fred
FredRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #85
murdock84
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
More new tires? Well, as it is I have five sets of tires from new to half-worn, already ordering a sixth set (plus an extra rear) will make for a lot of miles, so I'm reluctant to buy E09s just now. I confess that I'm a sucker for new OEM take-offs when bargains appear in the parts flea market, which only adds to the pile.

Fred
I've been wanting to get a set of the E-07 tires but could not pass up $40 for a set of stock tires with 1000 miles on them. Maybe I need another set of wheels?
murdock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #86
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.
 
FredRydr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Carlisle Pennsylvania USA
Oddometer: 2,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock84 View Post
Maybe I need another set of wheels?
It makes life much easier.

Fred
FredRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #87
NumberCruncher
Adventurer
 
NumberCruncher's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Kirkland, WA
Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
It makes life much easier.

Fred
Would love to do this myself but pricing complete wheels with rotors get me into the several grand category. Maybe next year.

NC
__________________
Two-wheels: Those who know cannot explain, those who don't cannot understand.
NumberCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:35 AM   #88
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.
 
FredRydr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Carlisle Pennsylvania USA
Oddometer: 2,456
Savas tires from RawHyde in USA

Well, so far, RawHyde seems to be a reluctant retailer. I called last week and they really wanted my contact info and phone number, and promised to get back to me after the weekend. Nothing. So I called to leave a reminder message Tuesday. No answer. So I went to their website and sent a reminder email with more particulars. No reply.

Why oh why do some people think they are "in business"? I guess I saved some money, anyway.

Fred
FredRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:25 AM   #89
ThirdUncle
Dusting my teeth
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Oddometer: 53
I had the same legendary waste of time with these people.
ThirdUncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #90
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Sacramento
Oddometer: 388
Installed tkc80 on front and Shinko 705 rear today.
First ride is tomorrow
__________________
09 GSA
11 F800gs
PatSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014