User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #166
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
Local stuff

Got some motorcycle stuff listed on CL and it's local. Just thought I'd put a link to it here if anyone is interested. Didn't want to put it on the ADV classifieds as I don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping....

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mpo/4041330752.html
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #167
kairojya
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Checking in from Tampa. I'm new to adv bikes but not to riding. Need to meet some locals to ride with!

I just got a '13 F800GS
kairojya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #168
seatec
Dutch Transplant

Oddometer: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairojya View Post
Checking in from Tampa. I'm new to adv bikes but not to riding. Need to meet some locals to ride with!

I just got a '13 F800GS
Congratz on the Bike. That's a nice ride.
How long have you been in Tampa? Do you know some sport bikers from TSB?
Old 10-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #169
SuttoFL
Fueled and ready

Oddometer: 67
What part of town? I'm downtown...Channelside area. I ride a V-Strom.
SuttoFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #170
Beachfinn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
I'm game for some occasional adventures. After my last solo adventure, I have decided that benching 400+ pound bike by yourself multiple times is no bueno, nor probably smart
Beachfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #171
seatec
Dutch Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachfinn View Post
I'm game for some occasional adventures. After my last solo adventure, I have decided that benching 400+ pound bike by yourself multiple times is no bueno, nor probably smart
Try a 550# bike. ;)

Lets get something going. Even if we just meet up and shoot the breeze.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #172
Beachfinn
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatec View Post
Try a 550# bike. ;)

Lets get something going. Even if we just meet up and shoot the breeze.
Sounds like a plan, Richolam/green swamp has about a month before the hunting season starts. I don't know about this coming weekend yet, since the dealership has my Tigger as a hostage (front hop issue).
Old 10-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #173
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Sounds like a plan, Richolam/green swamp has about a month before the hunting season starts. I don't know about this coming weekend yet, since the dealership has my Tigger as a hostage (front hop issue).
Hate to say this....it'll still be hopping when it comes back. They all seem do to it at low speed. Mine does it around 38-40mph, real mild since I resprung the bike. Stock suspension was way too soft.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #174
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
Trip...I'mInForaMeetUp...

WhyIsMyPhoneKeypadDoingTHis?

Baggio, YouMayWantToVisitTheDixieDualSportSite, LocalGroupIsActiveAndYouCanMeetSomeNewRiders.

I'veSinceSoldAllMyLightweightBikes ExceptForThe800gsWhichI'dGoingUpForSaleWheniReturn FromMyCurrentTroop
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:22 AM   #175
Beachfinn
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
Hate to say this....it'll still be hopping when it comes back. They all seem do to it at low speed. Mine does it around 38-40mph, real mild since I resprung the bike. Stock suspension was way too soft.
It does seem there is not straight solution. Is power sports your dealer?
Old 10-02-2013, 05:25 AM   #176
seatec
Dutch Transplant

Quote:
It does seem there is not straight solution. Is power sports your dealer?

Öhlins ?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #177
kairojya
Adventurer

Quote:
Congratz on the Bike. That's a nice ride.
How long have you been in Tampa? Do you know some sport bikers from TSB?
Thanks. I'm from here originally but lost touch with everyone I used to ride with (sport bikes). I live in Temple Terrace so I either ride north to Floral City area on weekends or east towards Bartow.

Idk of any trails, just all the sportbike roads lol

I'll check this post often. I'm definitely planning to ride Sunday and possibly Saturday morning too.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #178
seatec
Dutch Transplant

Quote:
Thanks. I'm from here originally but lost touch with everyone I used to ride with (sport bikes). I live in Temple Terrace so I either ride north to Floral City area on weekends or east towards Bartow.

Idk of any trails, just all the sportbike roads lol

I'll check this post often. I'm definitely planning to ride Sunday and possibly Saturday morning too.
I often take the GS in the same directions as you do and have the same problem. I know the roads for sport bikes (used to ride a 2010 R1) . Sometimes I end up at the Hess and shoot the breeze with some of my sport bike riding buddies but I usually just take off alone and explore.
Try taking your bike down to Myakka and surrounding areas. some good exploring there although not to many dirt roads.

PS. You probably know about the shamrock restaurant and their awesome burgers in Floral City
Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #179
kairojya
Adventurer

Quote:
I often take the GS in the same directions as you do and have the same problem. I know the roads for sport bikes (used to ride a 2010 R1) . Sometimes I end up at the Hess and shoot the breeze with some of my sport bike riding buddies but I usually just take off alone and explore.
Try taking your bike down to Myakka and surrounding areas. some good exploring there although not to many dirt roads.

PS. You probably know about the shamrock restaurant and their awesome burgers in Floral City
Just realized you're the same guy on TSB I was talking to. I like the roads north of me since I live so close. When I started getting into bikes I lived in Fort Myers and would rarely make the trip up here to do a north run.

I also spent some time in North Port and have family in Sarasota so I know some of the Myakka roads too and some offroading places in North Port but haven't done those on a bike yet. Looking forward to riding with you and others too! I want to put as many miles on this bike as I can.

Yea I know Shamrocks, haven't ate there since '09 and I drove by it Sunday on my way home from Gobbler. I wish I remembered the names of the guys I used to ride with. There was a Brandon with an RC (the Honda vtwin 1000 sport bike) and some others..
Old 10-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #180
seatec
Dutch Transplant

Quote:
Just realized you're the same guy on TSB I was talking to. I like the roads north of me since I live so close. When I started getting into bikes I lived in Fort Myers and would rarely make the trip up here to do a north run.

I also spent some time in North Port and have family in Sarasota so I know some of the Myakka roads too and some offroading places in North Port but haven't done those on a bike yet. Looking forward to riding with you and others too! I want to put as many miles on this bike as I can.

Yea I know Shamrocks, haven't ate there since '09 and I drove by it Sunday on my way home from Gobbler. I wish I remembered the names of the guys I used to ride with. There was a Brandon with an RC (the Honda vtwin 1000 sport bike) and some others..
I'm everywhere