Oddometer: 11,993
Somebody needs to delete a post so my post will make sense

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #18
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Ok. I've spent a little time here, trying to figure out how to take make more use of some of my bikes. I've been wanting to do a little more off road riding but I am not familiar with enough roads to want venture out on my own. I've done that before and I usually wind up in some residential neighborhood I rather not be in.

I've been following the FL Sandfleas but it would appear, that those guys just want to strap on the shoulder pads and haul ass through ankle deep sand, creeks over logs while dodging snakes and gators. No dis, but that's not what I want to do.

I'd like to find some un congested roads, unpaved, partially paved, a little sand, hard packed dirt, gravel whatever, and do some scenic riding. I like seeing cows in the pasture, haystacks in the fields, orange groves and small town greasy spoons.

So, I thought I would put this out to this thread because I'm from the Bay area and would welcome a chance to do some exploring with others that have similar interests. We may get lost, but it's more fun getting lost in a group.

Anyone game? Now that the weather has cooled off, exploring can be fun.

"I've never met a man on his deathbed who wished he had spent more time at the office"
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #19
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?

Oddometer: 3,120
Let's go!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGee View Post
Ok. I've spent a little time here, trying to figure out how to take make more use of some of my bikes. I've been wanting to do a little more off road riding but I am not familiar with enough roads to want venture out on my own. I've done that before and I usually wind up in some residential neighborhood I rather not be in.

I've been following the FL Sandfleas but it would appear, that those guys just want to strap on the shoulder pads and haul ass through ankle deep sand, creeks over logs while dodging snakes and gators. No dis, but that's not what I want to do.

I'd like to find some un congested roads, unpaved, partially paved, a little sand, hard packed dirt, gravel whatever, and do some scenic riding. I like seeing cows in the pasture, haystacks in the fields, orange groves and small town greasy spoons.

So, I thought I would put this out to this thread because I'm from the Bay area and would welcome a chance to do some exploring with others that have similar interests. We may get lost, but it's more fun getting lost in a group.

Anyone game? Now that the weather has cooled off, exploring can be fun.

Improve your cosmic karma here!
ag_streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag_streak View Post
Other than the water, that looks do able. I'm game. I've never been to Richloam.

Let's go! Where do we meet, when, is there a thread on what I should expect/bring?

I have an old 250 that would be perfect for that ( i think ).

"I've never met a man on his deathbed who wished he had spent more time at the office"
Old 11-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #21
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?

Oddometer: 3,120
Great! I'll send 'ya a PM...

Quote:
Other than the water, that looks do able. I'm game. I've never been to Richloam.

Let's go! Where do we meet, when, is there a thread on what I should expect/bring?

I have an old 250 that would be perfect for that ( i think ).

Improve your cosmic karma here!
ag_streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #22
thisguy72
Still Waves To Scooters

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag_streak View Post

This is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm in the same boat. I don't care to haul ass in the sand and I just want to explore and enjoy the scenery. I know most of the paved roads in Pasco/Hernando that everyone rides, but I have done nothing other than pavement. Send me a PM too if you guys do the ride. I might not be able to get away every time you go but keep me in the loop and at some point I'll be in.

Geoff
thisguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:59 AM   #23
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy72 View Post
This is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm in the same boat. I don't care to haul ass in the sand and I just want to explore and enjoy the scenery. I know most of the paved roads in Pasco/Hernando that everyone rides, but I have done nothing other than pavement. Send me a PM too if you guys do the ride. I might not be able to get away every time you go but keep me in the loop and at some point I'll be in.

Geoff

PM sent. I hooked up with Streak and we are riding Sunday. Feel free to join us. He knows of some "mild" trails in Richloam.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:35 AM   #24
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,550
Fastburners

Looks like Fastburners get a bad rap in Clearwater area too.... :rof

Room for all.....Just keep posting and you will find what you are looking for Im sure.........

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #25
thisguy72
Still Waves To Scooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Looks like Fastburners get a bad rap in Clearwater area too.... :rof

Room for all.....Just keep posting and you will find what you are looking for Im sure.........
I have no problem with people who want to ride fast......I just know they wouldn't have fun waiting for me every two yards.

PS, I know you were kidding but I had to put that out there.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #26
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy72 View Post
I have no problem with people who want to ride fast......I just know they wouldn't have fun waiting for me every two yards.

PS, I know you were kidding but I had to put that out there.
Yea I was just picking... but I appreciate you comments... some folks just dont understand that you need to find a group you ENJOY riding with...fast of slow...

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #27
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,739
Quote:

Well, it's not always like that!

The best advice I can give you is to ride your own ride and don't worry if someone's faster or more skilled than you are.

The fleas would never leave any FF behind.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #28
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,140
I'm on a non motorcycle trip to Fla for a few weeks... thank God. I have never seen such crazy drivers and riders anywhere. Between the pill poppers, drunks, blue hairs and locals that simply go like a bat out of hell, its one crazy ass place. I'm on Anna Maria Island right now which is a relatively sane island in a sea of madness. Don't get me wrong I like Fla but it seems the further south you go the nuttier it gets. I swear the only bikers that go the speed limit are the ones wearing helmets and the rest throw caution to the wind.??? I would love to live full time down here someday but it will be mid-state north of a line from Mickey World to Tampa. I kayak too and the rivers down here are awesome. I'll trust a ten foot gator anyday over a meth junkie in a Honda Civic or a senior cit in a Buick.There have been three biker deaths in the week I've been here. You guys be careful now, ya hear? And if you see a white Buick SUV with Michigan plates, don't worry its just me. Feel free to wave.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #29
thisguy72
Still Waves To Scooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
I'm on a non motorcycle trip to Fla for a few weeks... thank God. I have never seen such crazy drivers and riders anywhere. Between the pill poppers, drunks, blue hairs and locals that simply go like a bat out of hell, its one crazy ass place. I'm on Anna Maria Island right now which is a relatively sane island in a sea of madness. Don't get me wrong I like Fla but it seems the further south you go the nuttier it gets. I swear the only bikers that go the speed limit are the ones wearing helmets and the rest throw caution to the wind.??? I would love to live full time down here someday but it will be mid-state north of a line from Mickey World to Tampa. I kayak too and the rivers down here are awesome. I'll trust a ten foot gator anyday over a meth junkie in a Honda Civic or a senior cit in a Buick.There have been three biker deaths in the week I've been here. You guys be careful now, ya hear? And if you see a white Buick SUV with Michigan plates, don't worry its just me. Feel free to wave.
When it comes to bikes in Florida, this is the time of year when the weather has cooled off and all of the stretched and slammed crowed come out the wood work. That and the traffic where you are is awful.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #30
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
See my earlier post in this thread...then travel to some impoverished countries and drive around in their major cities for a few weeks. Florida drivers will just seem normal then.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote