ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #46
thisguy72
Still Waves To Scooters
 
thisguy72's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Oddometer: 132
I would love to go this weekend but I'm coming down with flu I think. But keep posting them. I'll be able to go at some point.
thisguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #47
brewmann
Studly Adventurer
 
brewmann's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGee View Post

PS: I just realized the Dixie Dual Sport Gobbler Ride is this weekend, therefore post #41 will have to be on a different weekend. Sorry

In case you are interested: http://forum.dixiedualsport.com/post/Ride-Info-Now-Available!-5563381

Uh-Oh..you said the D word.
__________________
KTM 525 EXC
BMW R1200 GS Adventure
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #48
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?
 
ag_streak's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: At the pointy ends of the bell curve (33702)
Oddometer: 3,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
I don't suppose you will want to buy your DR rack back? So solly, aint gonna happen.
LOL! No, please keep it and use it in good health!

Were you able to use washers to make up the bit of the mounts where the previous owner ground them down?
__________________
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. J. Krishnamurthy
BC, Canada Ride Report - Nova Scotia, Canada Ride Report

Improve your cosmic karma here!
ag_streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #49
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag_streak View Post
LOL! No, please keep it and use it in good health!

Were you able to use washers to make up the bit of the mounts where the previous owner ground them down?
Yep...no problemo. I'm down in Anna Maria right now enjoying the Florida sun...I'm not looking forward going back up north in a couple of weeks.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #50
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: West Central Florida
Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
Uh-Oh..you said the D word.
Uh-Oh. Is that not allowed?
__________________
________________
BMW 1200GS WC

"I've never met a man on his deathbed who wished he had spent more time at the office"
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #51
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: West Central Florida
Oddometer: 357
Gas Tank Anyone?

I am going to post this here only because I'm looking for a local connection and don't want to deal with getting it shipped.

Anyone have an old, beat up motorcycle gas tank laying around they want to get rid of?

I have been practicing body work and spray painting with a gun and compressor and am ready to try and do a tank from start to finish.

Condition unimportant although I would prefer a tank (or metal fender) that doesn't have rust HOLEs through the metal. Dents, Scratches, surface rust are OK>

I'm in St. Pete and would come pick it up.

In fact, if you give me the tank, you can pick the color (as long as it's not some $300 a pint metal flake paint) and when I'm done, you can have it back.

Of course, being a newbie at this, you may not want it back
__________________
________________
BMW 1200GS WC

"I've never met a man on his deathbed who wished he had spent more time at the office"
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:54 AM   #52
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?
 
ag_streak's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: At the pointy ends of the bell curve (33702)
Oddometer: 3,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGee View Post
Of course, being a newbie at this, you may not want it back
LOL! I have a feeling it would come out looking great!

Hey Larry, if you don't find a donor, there's always Eagle Motorcycle Salvage on Morris Street in St. Pete, sort of behind the Bert Smith BMW dealer on US19 and 38th Avenue N.
__________________
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. J. Krishnamurthy
BC, Canada Ride Report - Nova Scotia, Canada Ride Report

Improve your cosmic karma here!
ag_streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #53
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,251
I saw on the Tampa news yesterday that there is a big car/bike show at Biffs Burgers this coming Sunday. I'm caging in Florida for a month or so and plan on checking this show out. Feel free to whip me the bird if you see me in my cool white Buick SUV with Mich plates.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #54
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?
 
ag_streak's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: At the pointy ends of the bell curve (33702)
Oddometer: 3,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
I saw on the Tampa news yesterday that there is a big car/bike show at Biffs Burgers this coming Sunday. I'm caging in Florida for a month or so and plan on checking this show out. Feel free to whip me the bird if you see me in my cool white Buick SUV with Mich plates.
We'll flip you the bird for not riding the Dixie Dual Sport event instead of some car show! Don't you have a bike with you?

If I had a suitable spare... (but I don't...)
__________________
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. J. Krishnamurthy
BC, Canada Ride Report - Nova Scotia, Canada Ride Report

Improve your cosmic karma here!
ag_streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #55
brewmann
Studly Adventurer
 
brewmann's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag_streak View Post
Dixie Dual Sport
DOH !! There it is again !!!

Do a search for it in this forum....It's kind of comical..
__________________
KTM 525 EXC
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

brewmann screwed with this post 12-01-2011 at 01:28 PM
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #56
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 4,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag_streak View Post
We'll flip you the bird for not riding the Dixie Dual Sport event instead of some car show! Don't you have a bike with you?

If I had a suitable spare... (but I don't...)
No bike with me, just the Buick. Give me a break, I'm a freaking tourist. Even the hardiest ADV rider isn't riding south from Michigan this time of year and my bike isn't a trailer queen like those pussy bikes than come down for bike week.....Oh thats right, I did trailer down one time for the Alligator Enduro in 75......DNF.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:50 AM   #57
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: West Central Florida
Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag_streak View Post
there's always Eagle Motorcycle Salvage on Morris Street in St. Pete, sort of behind the Bert Smith BMW dealer on US19 and 38th Avenue N.
Someone else told me about that place. I'll have to check it out! Thanks.
__________________
________________
BMW 1200GS WC

"I've never met a man on his deathbed who wished he had spent more time at the office"
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #58
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?
 
ag_streak's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: At the pointy ends of the bell curve (33702)
Oddometer: 3,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGee View Post
Someone else told me about that place. I'll have to check it out! Thanks.
It's kind of a dump, and the owner has... er... personality!
__________________
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. J. Krishnamurthy
BC, Canada Ride Report - Nova Scotia, Canada Ride Report

Improve your cosmic karma here!
ag_streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #59
ColininKodiak
(not in Kodiak)
 
ColininKodiak's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa Bay Florida
Oddometer: 713
I have a buddy who disassembled a CB750 and wants his tank done. He said it had slot of bond and a crease but is useable. I'll ask him if he'd be willing to let you have a go at it. He's in New Port Richey. If that doesn't work, my R80 tank could use a makeover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGee View Post
I am going to post this here only because I'm looking for a local connection and don't want to deal with getting it shipped.

Anyone have an old, beat up motorcycle gas tank laying around they want to get rid of?

I have been practicing body work and spray painting with a gun and compressor and am ready to try and do a tank from start to finish.

Condition unimportant although I would prefer a tank (or metal fender) that doesn't have rust HOLEs through the metal. Dents, Scratches, surface rust are OK>

I'm in St. Pete and would come pick it up.

In fact, if you give me the tank, you can pick the color (as long as it's not some $300 a pint metal flake paint) and when I'm done, you can have it back.

Of course, being a newbie at this, you may not want it back
__________________
2002 BMW R1150GS Garage Queen
ColininKodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:39 AM   #60
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: West Central Florida
Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColininKodiak View Post
I have a buddy who disassembled a CB750 and wants his tank done. He said it had slot of bond and a crease but is useable. I'll ask him if he'd be willing to let you have a go at it. He's in New Port Richey. If that doesn't work, my R80 tank could use a makeover.
As long as you don't need it back ASAP, that would be great. I'm slow because I have to think it through a zillion times before I actually do anything....
__________________
________________
BMW 1200GS WC

"I've never met a man on his deathbed who wished he had spent more time at the office"
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014