Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #106
Ronin ADV
Gear addict

Oddometer: 594
Just want to thank the mod for apparently banning the above idiot. TPL has already turned into Jo Momma Lite. It's a drag to see that crap migrating into the bike specific forums.
Red dirt, rocks and sand; Riding the southern UTBDR, WR250R vs EXC 500 - a comparison
Ronin ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #107
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Seems to me that the 800XC should be more appropriately compared to the F650GS. More road-oriented.
The tiger is really nothing like that bike. Its very off road capable at the level with the F800GS where some actually say better off road. Its a different bike with a different personality but similar. Both are awesome bikes and someone wouldn't really go wrong with either choice. I went with the tiger because i use it for commuting as well a adventure rideing and wanted a smoother ride and more comfortable seat. The problem is the bikes are so similar that you have to split hairs to draws distintions and then people go to far with the distinctions. The smoother engine and more comfortable seat make the Tiger a better road bike for most but that does not mean the Tiger is mostly a road bike. The reality is Triumph managed to make a off road bike that works outstanding on road as well as off.

If i went with the F800GS I'm sure i would be more than pleased with it. Its a nice looking bike and very very versatile . However I'm glad i went ti the Tiger as i think it fits my needs better and think it will make a better Adventure Touring machine for both on an off road over long distances. Theirs some nice pics over http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1#post16688722 here with the Tiger excelling at dirt.
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #108
lout
AYCIC

Oddometer: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
The tiger is really nothing like that bike. Its very off road capable at the level with the F800GS where some actually say better off road. Its a different bike with a different personality but similar. Both are awesome bikes and someone wouldn't really go wrong with either choice. I went with the tiger because i use it for commuting as well a adventure rideing and wanted a smoother ride and more comfortable seat. The problem is the bikes are so similar that you have to split hairs to draws distintions and then people go to far with the distinctions. The smoother engine and more comfortable seat make the Tiger a better road bike for most but that does not mean the Tiger is mostly a road bike. The reality is Triumph managed to make a off road bike that works outstanding on road as well as off.

If i went with the F800GS I'm sure i would be more than pleased with it. Its a nice looking bike and very very versatile . However I'm glad i went ti the Tiger as i think it fits my needs better and think it will make a better Adventure Touring machine for both on an off road over long distances. Theirs some nice pics over http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1#post16688722 here with the Tiger excelling at dirt.
very nice, we're all happy for you, now bugger off over to the Triumph forum.

TASMANIA - Explore the corruption.

Orange paint and 37 clicks of suspension adjustment doesn't make up for being a shit rider :j Mo

It's not that I don't believe in God..I just believe in one less God than you.

Monsanto - The evil that keeps on growing
lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #109
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,721
Quote:
... I'm glad i went ti the Tiger as i think it fits my needs better...
Genuinely pleased for you. Really. No need to justify your decision to buy a road bike any further with personal opinion positioned as fact, here. As lout said, time for you to to bugger off.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #110
Newm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Genuinely pleased for you. Really. No need to justify your decision to buy a road bike any further with personal opinion positioned as fact, here. As lout said, time for you to to bugger off.
Com on guys....after several posts we can all see that ScRider really wishes he had a GS in his garage instead of....well....I can't blame him. If I would have made the "other" choice I would probably be lurking around posting here myself trying to justify my purchase.

Man I love my bike!
Newm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #111
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Seems to me that the 800XC should be more appropriately compared to the F650GS. More road-oriented.
From the gals that just got back from a 8,000mile (13,0000km) Alaksa/Canada trip on tigers and now are getting back on their F650GS twins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtdC1pChH-M

Sad days for the girls .
Old 08-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #112
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,480
Quote:
From the gals that just got back from a 8,000mile (13,0000km) Alaksa/Canada trip on tigers and now are getting back on their F650GS twins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtdC1pChH-M

Sad days for the girls .
You continue to amaze...... You can't leave it alone...... We heard your opinion...... Now please go troll somewhere else' and leave us poor peasants stuck with our silly sad bikes.... alone .

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #113
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
The funny thing about this guy is the fact that he thinks ADV is anonymous...

I looked at his posts after he decided to take his shenanigans into my Vendor thread... Turns out he bought the bike from Rocket Motorcycle. Turns out I know Lance (who's a manager there) pretty well from some track days, so I made a quick call.... They think he's a "tool" too, and not surprising this fellow is a douche in real life like he is online.
For now I'll not post his real name and address.

Luckily he's on my ignore so I'm not offended by his childish posts, but keep seeing peoples responses....
You never really know who you might run into while riding in SoCal...

Until he gets banned again, I suggest we all just add him to your ignore list.
Lance is actually a cool guy and i doubt he said that.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #114
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
The funny thing about this guy is the fact that he thinks ADV is anonymous with the way he talks to people...

I looked at his posts after he decided to take his shenanigans into my Vendor thread... Turns out he bought the bike from Rocket Motorcycle. Turns out I know Lance (who's a manager there) pretty well from some track days, so I made a quick call.... They think he's a "tool" too, and not surprising this fellow is a douche in real life like he is online.

Luckily he's on my ignore so I'm not offended by his childish posts, but keep seeing peoples responses....

You never really know who you might run into while riding in SoCal...

Until he gets banned again, I suggest we all just add him to your ignore list.

I would recommend to stop beling a troll and obey site rules. I'm being civil regardless of angry insults and a troll infested thread.

ADVRIDER Rule number 5

5. Posting private information about someone will get you banned. You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information—their phone number, where they live, and so on - without their consent.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #115
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newm View Post
Com on guys....after several posts we can all see that ScRider really wishes he had a GS in his garage instead of....well....I can't blame him. If I would have made the "other" choice I would probably be lurking around posting here myself trying to justify my purchase.

Man I love my bike!
As I said you can't go wrong with the F800GS is a awesome bike but for some including myself the Tiger is the better choice, Especially if road and trail comfort is a big factor with you. Not to mention the extremely smooth inline triple. Some think the Tiger preforms better offoad while others say the F800GS but i think it depends of what the offroad conditions are. The lower center of gravity gives the f800GS the advantage in the sand while the more controllable power gives the Tiger the advantage on the dirt roads. The lighter weight gives the F800GS advantages in the rock gardens but the Tiger has a better front end suspension. Its really up to the individual to make his or her choice.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #116
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,272
I like both but

Since we got back from our trip on the Tiger XC, I have to say the Tiger is really better set up for road comfort and it does really well off road too. Having said that...the 800GS for those who really like technically challenging off road conditions would beat the Tiger. But who am I to say....we just like to ride and both the BMW and Tiger are winners based on how and where you ride the most.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #117
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
Since we got back from our trip on the Tiger XC, I have to say the Tiger is really better set up for road comfort and it does really well off road too. Having said that...the 800GS for those who really like technically challenging off road conditions would beat the Tiger. But who am I to say....we just like to ride and both the BMW and Tiger are winners based on how and where you ride the most.
Thanks for your experienced input. The Tiger was compared to the F650GS but i saw in one of your posts you thought it would better be compared to the 1200GS can you comment?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #118
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,272
The Tiger has a much wider seat than both the 650 and 800GS bikes. Tank is up top which makes the balance feel more traditional. Yep...I do not think the Tiger XC should be compared to the F650 due to HP and wheels. I can see why magazines and most people compare the Tiger and 800 but in the end they are two different bikes that some will gravitate too and others will not. Neither is better but great for the ADV riders out there that there are 2 really good mid weight bikes to choose from.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #119
Fasttrak
Captain Crash

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
I would recommend to stop beling a troll and obey site rules. I'm being civil regardless of angry insults and a troll infested thread.

ADVRIDER Rule number 5

5. Posting private information about someone will get you banned. You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information—their phone number, where they live, and so on - without their consent.
You are truly the epitome of what, "being a troll" is. You specifically, by your own admission several pages back, posted to a thread to see if you could get a reaction from this threads participants. You do not own, nor even profess to have any working knowledge of an F800GS, but continually post platitudes of pointlessness with regards to the XC and F800GS. That alone would not get you troll status, the fact you have this infantile need to incite the group when attempting to act civil and proper, just for reactions sake, makes you the "tool", you are. You are the first person I will officially place on ignore, you offer nothing of use to me in any shape or fashion, you are wasted space. I truly hope you get that perminent vacation you so rightly deserve.

I will apologize to this forums participants, I know better than to feed a troll but this guy drew me in with his veiled insults. Many of you guys give tons to the rest of us on the fence, attempting to make as informed a decision on these two bikes. Lost Rider, Gangplank, Ducksbane, Oddward, itsatdm and many other folks that contribute dailey to these forums and make them rich with content and a place many want to come to, I thank you! I am still, some what, on the fence with these two bikes but at the moment my leanings are definitely towards the F800GS. I am drawn to the F800GS simply from the fact that having sat on both bikes, it felt more comfortable and like the dirt bikes I am so very familiar with. When I went out to look at the bikes I did not even consider bringing riding gear and had no chance to do a road test. I probably would of declined as not wanting to waste their time untill I have the funds to buy.

Last year I made my first foray into a street legal bike and really did not make a wise purchase for where I live. It is just not street worthy enough to cover the miles I need to get to dirt. Having spent all my life in the dirt I went with what was comfortable at that time. It got me through my licensing and has made me much more comfortable on the street, but I am salivating to hit the Sierras and other rides even further out. Hoping by x-mas to be throwing my leg over one of these two contested beasts. Please keep the useful banter up.

K.B.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #120
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!

Oddometer: 1,150
Quote:
Its really up to the individual to make his or her choice.
It's not that we disagree with this sentiment, it's just the disrespectful delivery that causes issues.

I don't dislike the Tiger, it's just that I prefer the GS for logical reasons that relate to me alone and no one else ... my problem ... OK.

One point ... I have a few farkles on my GS (Unifilter, LV muffler, Accelerator module) that have produced the best throttle response I have ever experienced in a four stroke motor ... in anything Its just fabulous from idle to red line ... if only my Citroen DS3 Sport was like that. (It's a bit funny just off idle ... an "accelerator module" would probably clean it right up!). In comparison the Tiger XC is great up top, but below 3,000 revs my GS is just heaps better. It doesn't stall either! and yes the crappy gearing is still better than the TIger.

I note that I doubt there is an accelerator module for my Citroen or the Tiger XC.