Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #571
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post
Has anyone moded the sidestand to stop it from coming down when riding {over woops and ledges} was looking at it today there is a hole to the rear of the stand bracket was wondering wether an extra spring may go from there to the stand or original spring, or do you think just a stiffer spring will do the trick
Firstly, do you know, for sure, that the stand comes down? How far? Is it the stand that you think is making a noise?
I know, questions not answers but I haven't had this problem....yet.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #572
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,688
Its been raining non stop here- everywhere is flooded in so I havnt been able to tie the stand up and check-had the wife stand by while i jumped the gutter didnt work tho she said chain but it is not a chain slap noise-I was messing around with tigger in the shed yesterday and the stand is very easy to pull down and when pull down abit and let go it is the same noise i hear on the bike , I will go on the hunt for a stiffer spring see if that works. I did read in a review somewhere that a guy had the it come down on him, Its probably only comes down a touch for me but I want to be safe than sorry
Barry
P.S measured my fender risers properly yesterday 15mm used a 90% angle cut in half ground to shape not a fencing angle-also did the mod to the top of the fender {thanks Danny} there was marks on the tripple clamp where they had scraped lucky went over and didnt brake

Beer'o'clock Baz screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 12:59 PM
Beer'o'clock Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #573
motosickle2000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Why not put a piece of rubber where the stand contacts the frame. It would quiet it down a lot if that is the problem.

Quote:
Its been raining non stop here- everywhere is flooded in so I havnt been able to tie the stand up and check-had the wife stand by while i jumped the gutter didnt work tho she said chain but it is not a chain slap noise-I was messing around with tigger in the shed yesterday and the stand is very easy to pull down and when pull down abit and let go it is the same noise i hear on the bike , I will go on the hunt for a stiffer spring see if that works. I did read in a review somewhere that a guy had the it come down on him, Its probably only comes down a touch for me but I want to be safe than sorry
Barry
P.S measured my fender risers properly yesterday 15mm used a 90% angle cut in half ground to shape not a fencing angle-also did the mod to the top of the fender {thanks Danny} there was marks on the tripple clamp where they had scraped lucky went over and didnt brake
motosickle2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #574
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Its not the noise its if it ever goes past the flick back point and hits the ground on the next lefthander

Beer'o'clock Baz screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 09:15 PM
Old 01-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #575
clax
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Jesse 45l TopBox-Need Mounting Instructions

Hey fellow Tiger owners,

I just got a 45L Jesse Quick Release topbox for my Tiger, but it didn't come with the mounting instructions. Looks great though!

Does any one have some mounting instrcutions they could forward to me? I want to get this thing on and get ready for my big trip and I don't wanna wait till Monday to call Jesse.

thanx
Clax

clax screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 08:34 PM
clax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #576
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,410
Old 01-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #577
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Just sold some bike gear on ebay so i will be ordering a pair of TKC 80's for tigger woohoo have a two day road/dirt ride on the tenth of feb with DR650"s and TE 610'S -thats gona B embarassing for them when the tiger roars GGGRRRRRRR
Old 01-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #578
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,112
Quote:
Its not the noise its if it ever goes past the flick back point and hits the ground on the next lefthander
On modern Triumphs, if the kickstand deploys at all, while the bike is in gear, it kills the engine. That's what that switch is on the kickstand.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #579
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
On modern Triumphs, if the kickstand deploys at all, while the bike is in gear, it kills the engine. That's what that switch is on the kickstand.
On the 800 the stand needs to be all the way down before it gets to the switch.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #580
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by clax View Post
Hey fellow Tiger owners,

I just got a 45L Jesse Quick Release topbox for my Tiger, but it didn't come with the mounting instructions. Looks great though!

Does any one have some mounting instrcutions they could forward to me? I want to get this thing on and get ready for my big trip and I don't wanna wait till Monday to call Jesse.

thanx
Clax
go to their website.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #581
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,154
Fastway Foot Pegs

I am looking for a set of Fastway pegs for the Tiger with no luck. Does anyone know if they make a set for this bike? If so, please post a link or some information please.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #582
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,410
Quote:
Just sold some bike gear on ebay so i will be ordering a pair of TKC 80's for tigger woohoo have a two day road/dirt ride on the tenth of feb with DR650"s and TE 610'S -thats gona B embarassing for them when the tiger roars GGGRRRRRRR
Yup, the rear TKC should last about two days. (4 if you take it easy)
Old 01-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #583
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
On the 800 the stand needs to be all the way down before it gets to the switch.
Doh! My mistake.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #584
The Breeze
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
I am looking for a set of Fastway pegs for the Tiger with no luck. Does anyone know if they make a set for this bike? If so, please post a link or some information please.
I too am looking for a set of Fastway pegs. Have them on my WR250R and love them. Couldn't find them either...so I called them. Unfortunately, they do not make them for the 800XC. The guy said that the mounting point, for the pegs on the Tiger, is unique.....and therefore, they do not have a peg that fits. Didn't sound like they plan on making one either :( Maybe if enough people call them they will It's too bad, because they would be really nice to have on the Tiger. When installed in the "lower" position, would give me the perfect amount of leg room.
The Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #585
pentonfan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Just put some TKC 80's on my 800 XC- Love them! Can't believe how great they work on the road. The only time you notice them is at really low speeds. They cruise down the highway at 75mph fantastically. Of course they work great in the gravel.
pentonfan is offline   Reply With Quote