Thanks for feeding my UT fix.

How did I miss this in the first place?

BeeUTiful pix.
sealsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #32
gnuse
Ride to Fly

Oddometer: 275
Very nice! Thanks for sharing this ride.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #33
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by samthg View Post
Thanks for feeding my UT fix.

How did I miss this in the first place?

BeeUTiful pix.

Sure thing, glad to out where I can. Have you ridden much up this way?
dirt4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #34
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Update 12-30-11

So today it got up to ^^^
I had no choice but to git er back out of her winter cocoon.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #35
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Update 1-31-12

Headed north on hwy 23 near Mendon, UT. A tad nippy but hey, the sun was shining, the bike was loving the cold air.

Looking west from the Benson Marina

A great advantage in riding this time of year? No bugs, no yellow jackets crashing into your neck and stinging you, as they commit suicide. Nice... until next time.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #36
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Update 4-27-12

Finished mowing the lawn so I figured it was time for a break. Grabbed a couple of water bottles and headed out west across Cache Valley, this one near the Bud Phelps Wildlife Management Area.

Hopefully enough water in the mountains above,it was a considerably drier winter than normal. I was able to ride some every month this last winter.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #37
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Update 6-2-12

Bancroft and Chesterfield, Idaho

Headed out northward about 11:00 Saturday morning, the sky was threatening rain but it was too tempting to wait it out. I traveled north through small Utah and southern Idaho farming communities. The smells from fresh cut hay were thick as well as the smell of rain on the horizon. Made my way into Bancroft, Idaho about 1:00, the town looked almost deserted rode by the high school and found it was their high school graduation; the small parking lot was packed. Another few miles and I pulled into the Idaho settlement town of Chesterfield. As you will see by the following pictures it was out in the middle of the frontier at the time along the Oregon Trail. After I shut down the bike I started walking around the old homes and other buildings that were left behind and others having been restored. The silence was almost astounding, excepting the crickets that were starting up as the skies continued to darken. It was like moving back in time 100+ years.
After a couple hours wandering around the old town and taking in the surroundings I noted the skies had become more black than anything else. I decided I should try and head out and see if I could outrun the bulk of the storm. I was successful excepting about 20 minutes overall of rain and hail. The rain I could handle, the hail was a bit much. I shut down and took shelter at the side of an old silo for a few for a half hour or so while the hail moved off. I hit a few more pockets of rain but no worries, made it back home with no calamities.
In my opinion very much worth seeing. If you’re ever over that way don’t miss it. A great day trip.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #38
doorman
Aimless

Oddometer: 227
Great pictures of some beautiful country. Thanks for sharing.

Motoflyfishing
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894025
doorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #39
ttr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Nice roads and great pics!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #40
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttr View Post
Nice roads and great pics!

When I was in your country a couple years back all I could think about was riding the coutryside there. When we were in Rome the lane splitting thing seemed like a form of insanity. Thanks and travel safe over there.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #41
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Update 6-13-12, Wyoming

I headed out Wednesday morning with no particular destination in mind. Those tend to be the best as we all know. I grabbed a couple bottles of water and was off. I headed up and over to Bear Lake, towards Star Valley, WY. At first I kept thinking I need to head home and get some things done. 320+- miles later and several hours of good quality seat time and I made it back to finish my chores. It was a terrific day, and spectacular country. If you ever have the chance to ride this area of Star Valley up to Jackson Hole, WY. do it, you will not be disappointed.

Wishful Thinking...
Old 08-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #42
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Update 8-3-12

Native Americans and Pioneers used this cave and others near by Weston, ID. for their Day-Trippin overnighters.

dirt4me screwed with this post 08-27-2012 at 04:32 PM Reason: spelling
Old 09-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #43
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Update 9-8-12

Today thought I would visit a place I hadn’t been in many years, Antelope Island at the Great Salt Lake. Traffic was light on the two lane as I headed south and the sun rose over the mountains. The bike was running fine and smooth. Lots of Peaches on the trees and at the multitude of fruit stands along the way. The hum of the bike, and the rush of the wind around my plugged ears, some how seems to relax away the cares of the previous week, very cheap therapy.

Some deer heading back towards the island after a night feeding in the nearby alfalfa fields.

A coyote engaged in some sort of shenanigans...

Made my south on the island over to the Fielding Garr Ranch, spent some time wandering around there wondering what life was like for this Great x 3 grandpa of mine back in the 1850's out here.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #44
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Update 9-15-12

I finished up with my Saturday chores; watched two terrific grandkids play in their soccer games, figured it was time to head out. Go west… I thought, so it is…
As I headed west at Malad and looking forward to seeing the Curlew Grasslands, I noted that the numerous patches of scrub oak and some of the aspen had changed over to their fall colors. The majority of the terrain was covered in sagebrush. Nearer to town, thousands of acres of hay being put up after one last cutting.

This may not be the loneliest road around, but in the 2+ hours I spent out here I saw one truck headed the same way as me and one biker and one car coming towards me. Very quiet.

I looked over many a hill trying to find the grasslands, found the sign but not really anything I would call grasslands. Sagebrush yes, grasslands, hmmm, they were probably over the next hill left unexplored.
I sat and listened to the wind blow, drinking my bottle of water, thinking about those folks that lived out here in these homes and the families they raised, what were their lives like. This area reminds me of where my dad was raised near Neely, ID.

These boots ain’t made for hiking but they’ll do.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #45
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Update from 10-18-12

A few weeks ago I needed a red rock fix in the worst way. With that in mind I meandered down to Capitol Reef. The day went perfect which can be rare for me. Enjoy...

Below is the Nielsen Grist Mill-1898

Above is the Old Fruita School House within the park.

Not sure what this little plant is, but I liked it.

The Behunin Family of 10 once lived here. I got nothing to whine about.

Long way down, Goosenecks with Capitol Reef. That's it for now..