Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2005, 08:23 AM   #16
Wirespokes
Beemerholics Anonymous

Oddometer: 7,834
Thanks for the detailed description of the job! I can see how that would fix it.

A riding buddy of mine wrecked his 1977 RS (with wire wheels) last thanksgiving hitting some black ice, bending both rims. If he sent you pictures of the wheels would you be able to tell if you could straighten them?
Wirespokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #17
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,307
suggestions for the ''beat 'em silly 'til the finish fails'' tire changers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino
Woody The Wheel Dude,

I tend to be pretty hard on my wheel espcially when I am changing tires. I firmly believe in the "bigger hammer/longer bar" mentality whey it comes to changing them. The anodized Adventure wheels have not help up very well to my abuse. DO you think powder coating will result in a more durable mongo resistant finish?

Steve
steverino and your kindred rim beater uppers...

1,,forget the regular powder-coating techniques,,,they will chip under the kind of treatment you are handing out

there are certain vinyl powder -coating products that seem to take an incredible beating,,,we'd doctor your old rim up,,,media blast it and there's only primary colors available though,,,FYI ,,BWOE if we did it on achrome wheel ,it would look like a candy apple finish,,,bead-blast it and it has satin finish

2,,hard anodizing is more expensive and has limited colors available could help but i don't think it would hold up to your talents,,,,

3,,a product that works pretty good are the nylon 'rim protectors ,,,,,these are 6 '' arced preformed to your rim-lip you install a few of these where you are going to place your tire irons..works pretty good

4,,and a tire changing course from Neduro might help too,,,although he's usually more concerned with quick /efficient tire changing tricks,,,knowing just where to place the irons and where to push down on the tire makes a mongo difference between working up a rage and sweat or having an easy time of it

5,, bringing em to a tire shop with Touch-less technology is another albeit more expensive answer

6,,maybe 'counseling ' is in order steverino,,,just kiddingya can tell i'm reaching at this juncture....it's been a looong day at the shop.

woody
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #18
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirespokes
Thanks for the detailed description of the job! I can see how that would fix it.

A riding buddy of mine wrecked his 1977 RS (with wire wheels) last thanksgiving hitting some black ice, bending both rims. If he sent you pictures of the wheels would you be able to tell if you could straighten them?
yes,,and if not we have everything to make em as good if not better than new..
woody
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote