User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #1
Armor11 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
2013 Used price?

I am in the hunt for a F800 GS or GSA. Thought I would look for a used one and happened to find a 2013 GS fairly loaded. It's got the comfort seat, Akrapovic slip on, BMW panniers cases (top box also), skid plate, Lower and upper crash bars, New K60's, brand new Clearwater Darla lights, new chain and F&R sprockets. It's got 26K Kms on it, he wants $13k. Is that a fair price used considering the equipment on it or is it high. Should I be buying it at that price just to store it in my garage for the winter! Or do I wait and hope he still has it closer to spring? Ya, I know....... I have to answer the last part for myself!!
Armor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
omekim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
The right price is one you are willing to pay for what you get.

Compare it to new. I bought new and if you add all the good stuff he's got on there, you are on the order 2/3 the cost. And assuming the warranty transfers, you still get 2ish years of stem to stern coverage.
EDIT: forgot PST at 12%, so maybe its a little more than 2/3 new...

Or compare it not so new. A 2009 or something. Now its easily double the price, but you won't get warranty or likely many farkles.

So whatever works for you. And, to quote my wise old Dad, "Its always easy to buy."
omekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #3
thomps000
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor11 View Post
I am in the hunt for a F800 GS or GSA. Thought I would look for a used one and happened to find a 2013 GS fairly loaded. It's got the comfort seat, Akrapovic slip on, BMW panniers cases (top box also), skid plate, Lower and upper crash bars, New K60's, brand new Clearwater Darla lights, new chain and F&R sprockets. It's got 26K Kms on it, he wants $13k. Is that a fair price used considering the equipment on it or is it high. Should I be buying it at that price just to store it in my garage for the winter! Or do I wait and hope he still has it closer to spring? Ya, I know....... I have to answer the last part for myself!!
I just bought a new 2014 F800GS for 11,500 plus tax from a dealer, just to give you an idea of what new ones are currently going for. I'd rather have new and farkle it through the winter, but that's my opinion.
thomps000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #4
Bad Daddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Dealers here in Vancouver and Victoria have F800GS available with a $1250 gear credit, and 2.95% financing.
If you're really good, you can probably negotiate to get freight and prep removed, too.

Finding the right used bike is hard to do; every one is different. Finding the right new bike is easy.

I don't mind used, I just want to find one that's got the stuff on it that I would choose, or at least, a fair amount.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
Armor11 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Daddy View Post
Dealers here in Vancouver and Victoria have F800GS available with a $1250 gear credit, and 2.95% financing.
If you're really good, you can probably negotiate to get freight and prep removed, too.

Finding the right used bike is hard to do; every one is different. Finding the right new bike is easy.

I don't mind used, I just want to find one that's got the stuff on it that I would choose, or at least, a fair amount.
Thanks, I may just have to check up on that one. Any dealer that you think is better to deal with, parts/service? I would rather support someone that I know will support me.
Armor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
Bad Daddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor11 View Post
Thanks, I may just have to check up on that one. Any dealer that you think is better to deal with, parts/service? I would rather support someone that I know will support me.
I have heard good things about Island BMW, in Victoria.
The two Vancouver dealerships are owned by same person. Don't know much about there service, but sales has been extremely accommodating to me, while I ponder....
Then near you is Bentley in Kelowna.