User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #181
beverclan
Zip'n Onwards

Oddometer: 56
Thanks!

Got the gloves about a month ago, and the medium was too small, so I just mailed them back and asked for a large, hoping you had one in stock. Just got them today and they're great. Fit is great, love the Knox sliders at the base of the palm, and they seem really well made. Haven't had a chance to ride extensively with them, but looking forward to it. Thanks for great customer service.
beverclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #182
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 620
stuff

Thank You for the replies. I've got about 10 pairs of XL left, which seems to fit better as a LARGE. So if you need a LARGE, now is the time. Another restock won't happen for awhile. I also have 10 pairs of the Formula in XL- which fit true to form..

I'm at a crossroad; As many of you may know, I more or less wear my emotions on my sleeve. I've mentioned a divorce about 1.5 years ago and for awhile it seemed like we were going to save it. Unfortunately, I think we've reached beyond the point of no return. I'm actually kind of glad I haven't become "successful" because as it is now, I have little faith there would be anything left after a divorce.

I gave my wife what she wanted; which was to be a stay at home mom, I worked nights and did the velocitygear thing during the day for at least 8-10 years. We've been together for 15 total.. Her reply to "me letting her stay at home" is that it wasn't what she thought it was going to be; like it didn't count or something!

During that time, our single biggest fight was in regard to money. It was always a fight, I wanted to grow the business and she thought it was just a waste of money. It took her years to realize that without velocitygear, we'd be homeless or she'd have to get a job.

As of right now, I'm not sure what to do. I love and hate her! but without a doubt, I am no longer willing to let her dictate our finances. So I gave her an ultimatum. Since she is now working again; about 2 months in. I said that you no longer need to know how much money we have. The only cash you'll see is the tips you get from work. Which averages between 20 and 50 a night. Now, if she is unwilling to accept that I think I have no other alternative.

If she doesn't accept that though, my anger quotient will be pretty fierce, maybe not as fierce as some have read in other posts but definitely there. I cannot believe her, it's like nothing I've done matters anymore.

HTF do you guys out there deal with this kind of bullshit?

Sorry but I really don't have anyone to talk to about this. I have siblings in California but it's much harder for me to leave my family than it is for others.

Lastly, are my products good enough to continue? IF I do divorce and retart in 2013, is it too late?

Obviously, some of my severe service issues are due to the above among other things..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #183
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
Thank You for the replies. I've got about 10 pairs of XL left, which seems to fit better as a LARGE. So if you need a LARGE, now is the time. Another restock won't happen for awhile. I also have 10 pairs of the Formula in XL- which fit true to form..

I'm at a crossroad; As many of you may know, I more or less wear my emotions on my sleeve. I've mentioned a divorce about 1.5 years ago and for awhile it seemed like we were going to save it. Unfortunately, I think we've reached beyond the point of no return. I'm actually kind of glad I haven't become "successful" because as it is now, I have little faith there would be anything left after a divorce.

I gave my wife what she wanted; which was to be a stay at home mom, I worked nights and did the velocitygear thing during the day for at least 8-10 years. We've been together for 15 total.. Her reply to "me letting her stay at home" is that it wasn't what she thought it was going to be; like it didn't count or something!

During that time, our single biggest fight was in regard to money. It was always a fight, I wanted to grow the business and she thought it was just a waste of money. It took her years to realize that without velocitygear, we'd be homeless or she'd have to get a job.

As of right now, I'm not sure what to do. I love and hate her! but without a doubt, I am no longer willing to let her dictate our finances. So I gave her an ultimatum. Since she is now working again; about 2 months in. I said that you no longer need to know how much money we have. The only cash you'll see is the tips you get from work. Which averages between 20 and 50 a night. Now, if she is unwilling to accept that I think I have no other alternative.

If she doesn't accept that though, my anger quotient will be pretty fierce, maybe not as fierce as some have read in other posts but definitely there. I cannot believe her, it's like nothing I've done matters anymore.

HTF do you guys out there deal with this kind of bullshit?

Sorry but I really don't have anyone to talk to about this. I have siblings in California but it's much harder for me to leave my family than it is for others.

Lastly, are my products good enough to continue? IF I do divorce and retart in 2013, is it too late?

Obviously, some of my severe service issues are due to the above among other things..
John, I mean this with 100% respect and sincerity so keep that in mind.

Ready?

Your products are awesome. Don't make your personal problems mine.

At the end of the day, a paying customer could give a flying fuck. They want to place an order, have it ship within 24hrs. and it arrives on their doorstep. that simple. Really? That's what it comes down to.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #184
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

what a world

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I need to be doing something that people appreciate. If it's really that cut and dry for the majority, maybe I should look into something else. I care about people and that is why my products are what they are. If the customer doesn't care like I do, that is a problem for me. It would be a whole lot easier to sell garbage and cut and run.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #185
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,903
Quote:
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I need to be doing something that people appreciate. If it's really that cut and dry for the majority, maybe I should look into something else. I care about people and that is why my products are what they are. If the customer doesn't care like I do, that is a problem for me. It would be a whole lot easier to sell garbage and cut and run.
Yeah. That sounded harsh. I guess it is. I mean, there are going to be some that will jump through the hoops. I love your gloves. If I needed a pair, I'd do what it takes, but I've also been wearing them for awhile. I know what I'll get. For those that don't know? Those that "heard about these great gloves..." They just need them to arrive. In a timely manner. With no rigamarole or excuses.

Unfortunately, your reputation just isn't there yet, and only because there aren't enough of your products in the market to develop a following. 99% of the people out there are placing an order, and are expecting that they arrive. When they don't, it becomes an issue.

I still want the waterproof Prodigy's
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #186
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

marriage

O.K., I get that. I won't continue if availability is a problem.

How about the marriage stuff, that's what I really need to understand or get through..

Ever been divorced?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #187
kevinj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
You may want to lift a bunch of the personal stuff out of this thread and put it in a separate thread.

"Hating but loving somebody" is a totally real, valid, and painful place to be -- but I think it rarely leads to anything positive.

From the way I hear you talk about it: divorce, cut all financial ties to the furthest extent possible, spend a little extra on a decent lawyer so you can be sure that things are finished properly and there will be no unpleasant surprises down the road. Keep your anger in check, because any physical hurt you cause or any threat of it could end up costing you dearly once you're in court. Posting angry stuff here on public forum is, to put it politely, unwise. I'd edit that stuff out right now if I were you.

Of course I don't know anything about you or her ... But that's all there is to get on the internets.

Re availability, if it's really a struggle for you (and I imagine it causes you as much stress as your customers), you could go the route some semi-pros do here on advrider: only advertise and sell stock AFTER it's manufactured and sitting in your garage. Or sell ONLY "custom" orders with a realistic waiting time, even if it's 4 months. It would be nice to live in a world where people care about everyone else and the economy becomes something more intimate than it currently is, but that's not the reality today. Your website looks like any webstore and therefore evokes the expectations we have all come to have based on other experiences. Again, the website makes you look like a professional business - not like a passionate hobbyist who likes to do something for his fellow riders when he can find the time.
I think the "caring model" is more something for local economies (trading/selling with people in your hometown). We have some sense of connection and brotherhood here on advrider, and people do seem to do nice things for each other from time to time, but I wouldn't rely on it too much.

Again, I'd recommend keeping this thread a little more professional, toning down the personal stuff, and starting a new thread for it. I think that mixing your professional needs (selling, advertising, customer support) with personal needs (divorce advise, emotional support) is going to end up hurting both areas by making you look unprofessional, and by asking support from the wrong people (e.g. those who came hear to find out more about your latest products, or those who came here to complain about long wait times).

I'm not attached to any of the above and will happily delete this post if you'd like.
kevinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #188
kevinj
Gnarly Adventurer

http://www.lawhelp.org/documents/1604013202EN.pdf

http://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/?fa=f...bute&formid=13

It's not something you can figure out when you have five minutes. The more you can agree on with her, the better - but even so, get some legal advice just for yourself.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #189
kevinj
Gnarly Adventurer

I hope you stick around - I've never used one of your gloves, but it looks like seriously good stuff.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #190
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj View Post
You may want to lift a bunch of the personal stuff out of this thread and put it in a separate thread.

Re availability, if it's really a struggle for you (and I imagine it causes you as much stress as your customers), you could go the route some semi-pros do here on advrider: only advertise and sell stock AFTER it's manufactured and sitting in your garage. Or sell ONLY "custom" orders with a realistic waiting time, even if it's 4 months. It would be nice to live in a world where people care about everyone else and the economy becomes something more intimate than it currently is, but that's not the reality today. Your website looks like any webstore and therefore evokes the expectations we have all come to have based on other experiences. Again, the website makes you look like a professional business - not like a passionate hobbyist who likes to do something for his fellow riders when he can find the time.

I think the "caring model" is more something for local economies (trading/selling with people in your hometown). We have some sense of connection and brotherhood here on advrider, and people do seem to do nice things for each other from time to time, but I wouldn't rely on it too much.

Again, I'd recommend keeping this thread a little more professional, toning down the personal stuff, and starting a new thread for it. I think that mixing your professional needs (selling, advertising, customer support) with personal needs (divorce advise, emotional support) is going to end up hurting both areas by making you look unprofessional, and by asking support from the wrong people (e.g. those who came hear to find out more about your latest products, or those who came here to complain about long wait times).
+100 - Exactly what I think and well said.

I have spoken to John a few times on the phone and he is a nice guy and he does wear his heart on his sleeve but when I need gloves for a trip, I need to know they will arrive on time. If they might not arrive on time, at least I know and can make an informed decision.

The first rule of business is not to mix business with pleasure and don't mix clients and friends. When you start expecting clients to cut you the same slack as friends would, business suffers.

The second rule of business is to never get into business with your wife - don't ask me how I know this

It may not seem like it now but you do have a good product and a fairly loyal customer base. The gloves I got from you this year are noticeably better than the ones I got last year in terms of quality so you are moving in the right direction. There is no comparison between these gloves and my previous favorite Alpinestars in terms of protection - these gloves are the real deal. Concentrate on the customer service end and you will have something.

So, back to business - Regarding the remaining stock of Exhibition Pro's - is the sizing of the XL like the sizing of the Formula XL? The Formula XL I got this year is just big enough and will be perfect when broken in but any smaller would be too small.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #191
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

thank you

Appreciate the replies. I understand your points of view. The only reason the personal stuff is mentioned is because it's the truth. I'm a one man show and when things go south, it directly affects my customers. I'm not going to make up stories, I'm just telling it like it is.

Thank You for taking the time.. I'll let this thread die and start over as suggested.

"So, back to business - Regarding the remaining stock of Exhibition Pro's - is the sizing of the XL like the sizing of the Formula XL? The Formula XL I got this year is just big enough and will be perfect when broken in but any smaller would be too small. "

The Exhibition Pro gloves currently run about 1 size smaller than the Formula gloves. So an XXL would fit more like a Formula XL..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #192
FTBTX
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:

"So, back to business - Regarding the remaining stock of Exhibition Pro's - is the sizing of the XL like the sizing of the Formula XL? The Formula XL I got this year is just big enough and will be perfect when broken in but any smaller would be too small. "

The Exhibition Pro gloves currently run about 1 size smaller than the Formula gloves. So an XXL would fit more like a Formula XL..
So how do we order?
FTBTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #193
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

order

"So how do we order? "

Which model and size are you looking for?

Here's a sizing link...

http://www.highvelocitygear.com/imag...ove-sizing.jpg

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #194
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,416
Quote:

Do you have any XXL Exhibitions? If not, I'll buy them next spring when you get new stock.

Good luck. I hope you find your way out of this. You should read the divorce threads in the Inmates forum.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #195
KilgoreTrout
adventure flyfisher

Oddometer: 366
Gloves

Tried to order a couple of times but never got a reply to either pm or post I guess I replied at a bad time Hope all is well