Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 05:16 AM   #61
JTT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Hey Joe, these are GREAT gloves. If you have to wait (or, pay full price), they're worth it. Love mine, and they're built like nothing else out there.
thanks Jim! How'd you find the sizing? A 9.5 in Aerostich Elkskin fit me near perfect...would it be better to go 9 or 10?
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #62
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTT View Post
thanks Jim! How'd you find the sizing? A 9.5 in Aerostich Elkskin fit me near perfect...would it be better to go 9 or 10?
It took two pairs to get the fit right. The one that is perfect is a Med/9". I wear a solid 9 in Held gloves if that helps. Keep in mind, these are not hot weather gloves. I wore them all summer, and they were ok, but there isn't any ventilation on them and they're really beefy. Yeah, there is the perforations between the fingers and the cheesy knuckle things, but they really don't do anything. The gloves are lined with a white fabric of some sort that is breathable, but doesn't let any venting through.

I also bought the Prodigy thinking these would be for hot weather, and I never wear the Prodigy. They're awesome too, just don't really need both. You won't be disappointed with the gloves. They're the real deal.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #63
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter

Oddometer: 379
Thumb

Link for group buy http://www.highvelocitygear.com/Exhi...-Buy-Page.html
Old 12-05-2011, 02:00 AM   #64
heilong
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Question

I wonder if I'll get mine before New Year, or get my group buy discount (I've paid the full amount on the website a couple of months ago)... After NY I'm leaving for a 4-month trip to Thailand, I really hoped to take these gloves there with me.
heilong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #65
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 650
incoming

Hello,

What can be said about the tremendous patience of the people who purchased these gloves, honestly; not enough! All I can do is thank you from the bottom of my soul, not because you're a "paying" customer but because you see the value in what I'm trying to accomplish and a belief beyond what the "Industry" tells us.

I expected to have gloves hitting door-steps by now but I'm about a week off. I have a tracking number now, assuming there aren't any additional delays, we should definitely have them shipped by the end of the week. I hope to see the glove shipment tomorrow but as we've come to expect, there are no guarantees with circumstances beyond our control..

This shipment should see a looser fit; due to the tightness experienced the first time around, I had them adjust this order to more closely match the sizing chart.

If you're unsure of the correct size, order "what you normally wear" in terms of sizing.

When placing orders I literally have to beat the concept into the minds of our production department, that nothing short of "the best" is expected. Sometimes it takes a few times to get it all worked out and from what I've heard these gloves are simply an evolution from the previous version.

Little steps and input from the first group buy should make these gloves, unlike anything you've ever owned and that's what I expect!

again, THANK YOU all for taking the chance and believing in a concept most simply shrug off!

sincerely
jf

ps- you should see a whole new "velocitygear" in the coming months and any future group buys will be based on STOCK ON HAND! Looking forward to the evolution of this small business...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #66
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

arrival

Hello,

The time has come; orders are dropping this week.

Heilong- your order is leaving today as well...

Half of our back order is shipping today and the rest tomorrow. There's some loose ends out there, PLEASE PM me "just in case" if you've returned a pair and are awaiting replacement.

As always, continued evolution is the goal. I want your input and PLEASE tell a friend. There's roughly 20 additional pairs left

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #67
SantaRosa
I'd rather be lost

Oddometer: 214
I know it's only been a week

Has anyone received their gloves yet?

If so would you be so kind as to tell us what you think of them so far?

How can I tell if my order was shipped?
SantaRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #68
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

dropping

The remaining glove orders should be dropping this week. I'm right in the middle of a PC issue.. if you can email me your particulars I'll make sure you've shipped. I know of a couple loose ends....

support@highvelocitygear.com

and YES, PLEASE POST your reviews when you receive your gloves...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #69
nectar_balen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaRosa View Post
Has anyone received their gloves yet?

If so would you be so kind as to tell us what you think of them so far?

How can I tell if my order was shipped?

I got mine in this week. I'm in NY though for the next few months and won't be riding so I can't help out on a review quite yet.

My brother, who is taking care of my mail, said they look great though! All I have at this point is a picture of them on his hands
nectar_balen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #70
heilong
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectar_balen View Post
I got mine in this week. I'm in NY though for the next few months and won't be riding so I can't help out on a review quite yet.

My brother, who is taking care of my mail, said they look great though! All I have at this point is a picture of them on his hands
So where is that picture huh? :)
heilong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:59 AM   #71
nectar_balen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by heilong View Post
So where is that picture huh? :)
Haha, ok, ok.

Here are the two he sent me...

nectar_balen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #72
SantaRosa
I'd rather be lost

Oddometer: 214
My Pair Landed!

Came home and there they were

Very nice gloves indeed, very soft leather just like they've been broken in but still new.
Kevlar inserts inside of glove I think, looks like a sock and also very soft.
I ordered a size Large got a size Large and they fit perfectly.

Nice Packaging

Looks Good

Gloves Up

Gloves Up and Open

Anti-Brakey Pinky Thingy I think

All in all it looks really nice to me. Mind you I'm no pro and I do not sew so no idea about the stitching but the stitching looks very tight to me. Very comfortable feel. It would be nice if they had a wiper blade built in as well as an iPod pocket, credit card sleeve and spare change clip linked to a SS locking caribiner but you can never make everyone happy and the price was right. Actually 1/2 the price of my other Kevlar gloves and I can already tell these are going to be used and the other pair is going to be the honored backup pair.

This glove should make Velocity Gear very happy because I think they will sell a bunch of these if they are so inclined.
If not so inclined, well I've got mine and since I've still about 1 1/2 hours of sunlight I'm off to test drive them.

No animals will be intentionally harmed during this test, you're experience may vary.
SantaRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:10 AM   #73
MZ5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Mine must've showed late Friday, 'cause they were here waiting for me this AM! I won't post pics since mine look identical to Santa Rosa's, but here's what they feel like so far:

Someone up the thread referred to these gloves as somewhat beefier than most. I think that's a bit of an understatement. These things are thick, strong-looking gloves! Yet at the same time they're made of incredibly soft and supple leather!

I ordered a Medium, as that's the size I wear by the chart, and that's the size I wear in work gloves and most m/c gloves. The palm is just about right for me, and the fingers are perhaps a touch on the short side. Big enough around, though.

Presently I wear some Spidi STR-1 gloves most of the time, with some Joe Rocket shorty mesh gloves occasionally. The Spidis don't hold a candle to these Velocity Gear gloves in terms of feel, protective attributes, fit, and materials quality.

Only minor annoyance I have at this point is the cinch strap on the right glove. It's cut too wide for the buckle, so it's tough to adjust. It's ~1/8" wider than the strap on the other glove, so I expect it was just cut wrong. I'm not sure it's worth seeking a glove exchange (if I were to just cut the strap narrower, I'd lose the stitching across one side and so lose the velcro, but I do have a sewing machine at home, so maybe...), but thought I'd mention it for feedback purposes to VelocityGear.

I should be riding some this week and/or next, so I can give more feedback about the gloves 'on the bike' after that.
MZ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #74
ActionFigure
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Thumb VP Exhibition Pro's Arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaRosa View Post
Came home and there they were

Very nice gloves indeed, very soft leather just like they've been broken in but still new.
Kevlar inserts inside of glove I think, looks like a sock and also very soft.
I ordered a size Large got a size Large and they fit perfectly.

Nice Packaging

Looks Good

Gloves Up

Gloves Up and Open

Anti-Brakey Pinky Thingy I think

All in all it looks really nice to me. Mind you I'm no pro and I do not sew so no idea about the stitching but the stitching looks very tight to me. Very comfortable feel. It would be nice if they had a wiper blade built in as well as an iPod pocket, credit card sleeve and spare change clip linked to a SS locking caribiner but you can never make everyone happy and the price was right. Actually 1/2 the price of my other Kevlar gloves and I can already tell these are going to be used and the other pair is going to be the honored backup pair.

This glove should make Velocity Gear very happy because I think they will sell a bunch of these if they are so inclined.
If not so inclined, well I've got mine and since I've still about 1 1/2 hours of sunlight I'm off to test drive them.

No animals will be intentionally harmed during this test, you're experience may vary.
^^AGREED! These fit so well, in fact, that I thought there was a problem. I am that used to stiffness, tight-spots, etc, that I just didn't know what to think when I slipped these on and they were near-perfect! The leather is thick but soft to the touch. The armor is evident but non-intrusive. I really expected a sort-of suit of armor gauntlet feel to these based on the pics and specs. But dexterity is *high!* Even the safety feature of having two fingers sewn together feels right when wearing the Exhibition Pro gloves. Having had Alpine Stars and Moto GP, to name a few, supply me w/ my previous set-ups, I'm no stranger to high-end gear. But this product is a whole new level of bad-ass! Nothing compares, that I've run across. Keep it up VP.

WELL worth the wait.
ActionFigure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #75
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

quality

" But this product is a whole new level of bad-ass! Nothing compares, that I've run across."

Well, that's the goal! Every order gets better, it' only taken 10 years to get here.... but really though THANK YOU for noticing!

I wanted to touch on a specific subject: thickness...

I believe I can pass the current CE testing requirements, a few different ways. Having blown money on my first CE testing failure meant that a second failure was NOT an option.
Remember, this is a self funded endeavor! No banks, investors or otherwise...just a belief that enough isn't being done at current apparel prices! and that CE testing should be PARAMOUNT for any company selling protective apparel.!!

So, my second testing attempt was "all or nothing" approach and that's what you see in the current glove. and yes, NOTHING compares!

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com