caretaker

Oddometer: 283
Old 11-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #197
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitas View Post
now if Mitas USA would make that tire easily available (dakar version) it would sell like hot cakes as that an ideal 50/50 dual-sport/adv tire.

why is this soooo hard Mitas USA???
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #198
eakins
Butler Maps

thanks for the pic.
if you have any pics of them mounted that would be great as would mileage report.

hopefully the rear tire mileage is real good as that is a better (more agressive) tire then the rear K60 as it has not center strip to spin on. same design concept as the mefo explorer but in a 150-17"
i think the E07 rear and E09 front could be awesome for go everywhere tires.

guess you're the un-official Mitas E07 USA representative at this point...

question? does the center of the tire look like it has an end of life raised center wear bar to eek some additional miles out of it if need be??? the 130-17 does. here's a pic of one at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
Mitas 07
Attached Images

Butler Maps website:

eakins screwed with this post 11-07-2011 at 09:46 AM
Old 11-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #199
eakins
Butler Maps

here's a new 130-17" E07.
see the center bar.

what's the measurement on the 150-17" lug height?
it kinda looks like it has taller lugs than the 130-17".
Attached Images

Butler Maps website:
Old 11-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #200
Mitas OP
caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
now if Mitas USA would make that tire easily available (dakar version) it would sell like hot cakes as that an ideal 50/50 dual-sport/adv tire.

Bill ... pls wait until we made the decisions ...

"Somehow" itīs difficult to answer your questions.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #201
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer: 3,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post

+1 for the entire Mitas Adventure line. I'd even mount up an E10 if I could get my hands on one...but I can't and I'm only 3 hours from Charlotte.

For instance...Mitas USA should think about adopting a web presence similar this...

Mitas Adventure Tires Australia

From the standpoint of a prospective customer it presents everything I'd need to know to make an informed decision about Mitas Adventure tires in a compact manner on one page. No drop down menus. No random searches. No flipping through page after page to find out if the tire will fit my rim. Just information and simplicity to ease the decision making and buying process.

Flashback screwed with this post 11-07-2011 at 10:48 AM
Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #202
Mitas OP
caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
+1 for the entire Mitas Adventure line. I'd even mount up an E10 if I could get my hands on one...but I can't and I'm only 3 hours from Charlotte.

For instance...Mitas USA should think about adopting a web presence similar to this...

Mitas Adventure Tires Australia

Hi Flashback.... you īre absolutely right... The Aussies doing a great job.The South African as well.... Does anybody know Charley Boorman ( the actor) ?
watch this ... this journey was made with our partners in South Africa...and a great customer from Marocco

tyre is E-10....

Mitas screwed with this post 11-07-2011 at 10:43 AM Reason: Forgot some ...
Mitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #203
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer: 3,079
Quote:
tyre is E-10....
That's the tire I'm really interested in trying at this point.

I think the E-10 would be a great contender to give the TKC80 and Kenda Big Block some competition if there were a readily available stock that was competitively priced inside the U.S....
  • What can we do to get some of the E-10s/E-07s stateside and available for distribution? Seriously...how do we get them inside the border (Canada is good but I'm thinking someplace with a U.S. zipcode)?
  • Do we need someone to step up and take point/act as a distribution agent for Mitas?
  • Who would we contact to get something set up if we were serious about following through with it?
  • What would the initial financial investment and/or minimum number of tires and/or contract need to be to allow us to get a shipment?
  • Does Mitas have a support program that provides resources to distributors if someone should want to take on the role of being the Adventure Motorcycle Tire distributor for the U.S. market?
The tires would sell if...and that's if...there was a forward facing distributor who actively engaged the market demographic that had stock they could ship when orders arrived. Being unable to contact MitasMX via their website, email, and/or the telephone has detrimentally affected the Mitas tire market in the U.S.

When I tried to find out information on the E-09 Dakar a year ago it took weeks to connect with a Mitas Rep who could give me any information. I went through the website, emails, phone calls to Mitas Corporate and finally found someone who could tell me if they had the tires available. But when I tried to buy them online something went wrong with the order and I wasn't going to go through the whole process of trying to find a customer service rep to answer my questions again so I gave up -> I'd rather be riding than on hold trying to get answers to basic questions about stock availability.

BTW: Neat vid. Looks like a fun ride. There is something liberating about distance travel on a motorcycle. I'm prepping a DR 650 for a trip to Iturup Island in the southern Kurils with a solo side trip/vacation down the road of bones between Magadan and Yakutsk in 2013. Keeping it simple and within my budget (which isn't much considering that I survive on research grant funding). No chase vehicle. No camera crew. No riding team. No language interpreters. Just what I can carry on the bike and my own survival skills. Had a friend that did the entire length of Siberia solo in the 1990's and had a blast. I'm hoping my mini-ride/solo trip will be just as fun.

Ride the World!

Flashback screwed with this post 11-07-2011 at 12:34 PM
Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #204
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,842
I am not sure if I will mount the front this year or not. I still have a TKC that I'd like to milk a few more miles out of and I am not sure how long we can hold the snow off here in PA(already had 1 freak Oct storm). The rear TKC is another story.The rear TKC was on a 5000 plus mile road trip in Sept so I can't complain.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #205
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,842
As a side not someone told me to get tubes at bike bandit.
Here is their reply:

Hello Roger,

Thanks for writing in! Unfortunately, we do not have any heavy duty tubes that will fit your specific wheel size, even in a slightly smaller size. Below is a link to the tubes that will fit your tire. If you have any questions, please let us know.

http://www.bikebandit.com/motorcycle...911a640417?s=7

I have always bought tubes from my dealer, but they are 2 hours away so I was looking to buy online. It looks like the "harley" tube is as heavy as they have.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #206
picard
engage!

Oddometer: 1,191
I used to use these (before I had my wheels sealed)
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...&sizeAttr=7107
it says "Standard" but they are very thick.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #207
eakins
Butler Maps

Quote:
Bill ... pls wait until we made the decisions ...

"Somehow" itīs difficult to answer your questions.
come on. what decisions?
whether to offer the E07 or not?
that is THE tire everyone wants, but your competition is selling out all their similar designed K60 while Mitas USA is out to lunch.
at this point people will be buying from Canada.
the Internet knows no boundaries as far as info exchange.
Butler Maps website:
Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #208
eakins
Butler Maps

welcome to the insanity which is getting Mitas tires in the US.
mitasmx.com is completely trashing Mitas corporate image in the US and nothing seems to be done about it???

800-canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
That's the tire I'm really interested in trying at this point.

I think the E-10 would be a great contender to give the TKC80 and Kenda Big Block some competition if there were a readily available stock that was competitively priced inside the U.S....
  • What can we do to get some of the E-10s/E-07s stateside and available for distribution? Seriously...how do we get them inside the border (Canada is good but I'm thinking someplace with a U.S. zipcode)?
  • Do we need someone to step up and take point/act as a distribution agent for Mitas?
  • Who would we contact to get something set up if we were serious about following through with it?
  • What would the initial financial investment and/or minimum number of tires and/or contract need to be to allow us to get a shipment?
  • Does Mitas have a support program that provides resources to distributors if someone should want to take on the role of being the Adventure Motorcycle Tire distributor for the U.S. market?
The tires would sell if...and that's if...there was a forward facing distributor who actively engaged the market demographic that had stock they could ship when orders arrived. Being unable to contact MitasMX via their website, email, and/or the telephone has detrimentally affected the Mitas tire market in the U.S.

When I tried to find out information on the E-09 Dakar a year ago it took weeks to connect with a Mitas Rep who could give me any information. I went through the website, emails, phone calls to Mitas Corporate and finally found someone who could tell me if they had the tires available. But when I tried to buy them online something went wrong with the order and I wasn't going to go through the whole process of trying to find a customer service rep to answer my questions again so I gave up -> I'd rather be riding than on hold trying to get answers to basic questions about stock availability.

BTW: Neat vid. Looks like a fun ride. There is something liberating about distance travel on a motorcycle. I'm prepping a DR 650 for a trip to Iturup Island in the southern Kurils with a solo side trip/vacation down the road of bones between Magadan and Yakutsk in 2013. Keeping it simple and within my budget (which isn't much considering that I survive on research grant funding). No chase vehicle. No camera crew. No riding team. No language interpreters. Just what I can carry on the bike and my own survival skills. Had a friend that did the entire length of Siberia solo in the 1990's and had a blast. I'm hoping my mini-ride/solo trip will be just as fun.

Ride the World!

Butler Maps website:
Old 11-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #209
eakins
Butler Maps

no (obviously seen) slightly raised center strip like the 130-17" but it looks like all the wear indicators might add tire life at the precious end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
I am not sure if I will mount the front this year or not. I still have a TKC that I'd like to milk a few more miles out of and I am not sure how long we can hold the snow off here in PA(already had 1 freak Oct storm). The rear TKC is another story.The rear TKC was on a 5000 plus mile road trip in Sept so I can't complain.
Butler Maps website:
Old 11-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #210
DabsAlot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
I ordered E-07

I just placed an order for a Mitas E-07 in 150/70 - 17 for my F800GS from http://www.mx1canada.com/

They had it in stock and said no problem shipping state side.
2005 Gas Gas 280 Pro
1975 Yamaha TY-175
DabsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote