User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
superstan26 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
6 Day T.A.T. Sample begins!

Hi, I'm leaving for Colorado in 3 days to begin my Trans America Tour sample. I've been planning for months now, you can read about that here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post27061581 in "trip planning". The remainder of my posts concerning this trip will be located here. Let the good times roll!

superstan26 screwed with this post 06-23-2015 at 04:02 PM
superstan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
juno
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
I am glad you are getting started finally. Looking forward to your report on those sections of the TAT!
juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:19 AM   #3
superstan26 OP
Adventurer

Are you following me?

Maybe some of you have already realized that I'm not the most tech savvy individual on the planet. Having said that, I decided that it would be best if I made my SPOT page public now in case I couldn't figure it out while on the road. Here's a public link for anyone interested in near live updates of current location. Note: even though this is a public link http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...fqpGCKRgWpBlU6, there will not be any pings until fri. evening.

I don't expect that internet service will be existent for most of the trip so I'll update pictures, and post when possible, but I plan to post additional highlights, and fillers later.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:13 AM   #4
what broke now
Petroleum Brother

Oddometer: 1,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstan26 View Post
Maybe some of you have already realized that I'm not the most tech savvy individual on the planet. Having said that, I decided that it would be best if I made my SPOT page public now in case I couldn't figure it out while on the road. Here's a public link for anyone interested in near live updates of current location. Note: even though this is a public link http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...fqpGCKRgWpBlU6, there will not be any pings until fri. evening.

I don't expect that internet service will be existent for most of the trip
so I'll update pictures, and post when possible, but I plan to post additional highlights, and fillers later.
You might be surprised by how much useable wifi you run across.
what broke now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:41 AM   #5
superstan26 OP
Adventurer

Let the adventure begin!

I ended up taking Fri off from work, which should make our trip more enjoyable overall since we're not as pressed for time, and won't start out completely exhausted. As it is I still didn't get to bed until almost 2 a.m. fri. morning. I left my home at 8 a.m. Fri. and arrived at Uncs home around noon. We greeted one another, and inspected each others handywork, and reviewed our supplies then hit the road @ about 2 pm. We're currently in Colorado just west of Springfield as I make this posting, and should hit our starting destination around 5 am (another hour). Current day plans are to recoup some lost sleep, and then enter the T.A.T..
Old 06-27-2015, 06:44 AM   #6
superstan26 OP
Adventurer

Ready to ride!
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2015, 02:52 PM   #7
peatreek
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
It was great to meet you guys today at The Dog Bar and Grill in Cuchara! The burger was as good as you said it was. Here is my trusty guard dog Bella at the Cuchara Pass summit just after we met.

peatreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:12 AM   #8
superstan26 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peatreek View Post
It was great to meet you guys today at The Dog Bar and Grill in Cuchara! The burger was as good as you said it was. Here is my trusty guard dog Bella at the Cuchara Pass summit just after we met.

It was my pleasure! Maybe we'll get a chance to ride Canada someday.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:23 AM   #9
superstan26 OP
Adventurer

Having a blast so far, I did drop the bike yesterday when the front wheel waked or from under me running 30 ish mph. The panniers and crash bar saved it from severe damage. Other than road rash the mirror mount, turn signal, and signal panel were the only known casualties. I was anxious to get back in the road and forgot to take a pic while she was down, I'll try to do better next time.

I'll try to catch up on posting pics shortly but trying to juggle charging all devices individually. I'll pic up a 12v splutter asap.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:39 AM   #10
superstan26 OP
Adventurer

Shortest tunnel ever!
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #11
superstan26 OP
Adventurer

Saturday service on the road.
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2015, 08:42 AM   #12
superstan26 OP
Adventurer

Hidden camp site.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2015, 05:16 PM   #13
superstan26 OP
Adventurer

Stage route, now how cool is that? Please close the gate!
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2015, 05:20 PM   #14
superstan26 OP
Adventurer

Is this mushroom edible? I wanted to live off of it for the remainder of the trip, but didn't want to hallucinate. btw my hand is approximately 1ft. Wide (pinky to thumb) for reference.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2015, 07:38 PM   #15
superstan26 OP
Adventurer

Unc dropped his bike today on engineer pass, was a close call since his front tire left the trail, glad he's OK, and the bike is still usable. That puts an end to our trail riding for the trip (he's worn out). I've gotta hand it to him, although I'm no longer a prefect picture of health, he's got over 40 years on me, and I'm tired, I can only imagine how sore, exhausted he must be. I hope to have his stamina, and health at his age, but I'm not going to hold my breath. We're currently in Durango, and will probably be on our way home from trinidad tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to conquering more sections, maybe my son and I can go in the future, or maybe my wife and kids can take our land cruiser asa chase vehicle. ... Either way the trip has been a blast, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone with confidence in their riffing ability who is seeking adventure.

I intend to add detail, and images soon. Unfortunately my Internet/service has been nearly non existent for the trip.