Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #76
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttrak View Post
Just giving you shit, cause I really do not even want to know how much I spent in farkles. In the old days a farkle was replacing handlebars with something new and straight after breaking the old ones trying to restraighten them. If we got into the monies you spent on broken things, your bones included, you could be riding a gold plated KTM 990

K.B.
Lol, I do have me some nice titanium farkles

I think I'm at about $86,000 this year
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #77
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Lol, I do have me some nice titanium farkles

I think I'm at about $86,000 this year

I don't even want to think about the money I sank into my 610 and the money it needed when I sold it...winner might go to the WRR for cost of ownership, even with me behind the bars. I doubt if I could listen to that thing at 8500 rpm for 20,000 miles though.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #78
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1 View Post
I'll try to find a truck scale and weigh it. I'm curious also. There is one local here in Minneapolis that we use for our autos when prepping them for SCCA events, I just need to get there with my bike.

I'm very curious, that'd be great!!

When I had my 610 fully dialed in with all the stuff I added to it, 5 gallon tank, rack, bags/mounts, Baja Designs 8" racelight, dual gps', skid plate...all the must haves it was 360 pounds exactly on a certified scale...that was with the stock muffler.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:09 AM   #79
WIBO
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,541
Thanks Fast1 for the pics and opinion...

:)
Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:46 AM   #80
jimmy2020
limpiador de ventanas

Oddometer: 974
i do not know anything about the TE

BUT, I have had many adv bikes (01 Dakar, 02 gsa, ktm 950, gsa 1200, 07 xchallenge) Recently, I purchased a wr250x with the original set of motard wheels and a set of dirt wheels.
I have put almost 3k on the bike in the first month in just about every type of terrain that is offered in Colorado.
THE BIKE IS AMAZING!
I have it geared so that I can cruise comfortable at 60 mph all day if needed.
(can be pushed up to 70mph - no problem)
also 60+ mpg.....me likey.

"the adrenaline and stress of an adventure are better than a thousand peaceful days"
jimmy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #81
DiabloADV
Semi-Occasional

Oddometer: 2,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
When I had my 610 fully dialed in with all the stuff I added to it, 5 gallon tank, rack, bags/mounts, Baja Designs 8" racelight, dual gps', skid plate...all the must haves it was 360 pounds exactly on a certified scale...that was with the stock muffler.
Weighed my TE610 yesterday. Add-ons are: bash plate, DirtBagz racks (no bags when weighed), EOM rear rack, dual Buell headlights.

332 pounds with a 2/3 full stock tank.
'91 Bill Holland Steel w/Dura Ace

'01 Z3 3.0 Coupe. The Clownshoe.
DiabloADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #82
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,717
Quote:
Some specs of each to ponder

I suspect to some since the WR is a much shorter bike (length and wheelbase) that it feels more agile in tight single track environments.
Another important specification you never find listed it the steering degree lock to lock. One thing that makes the big bikes a pain in tight situations is their truck-like turning circles. Yes, you can often steer with back wheel spin but other times rocks, other features, or just plain caution prevent it.

I frequently ride my KTM 640 LC4 Enduro with a buddy on a KLX250S. Most places, no matter the tightness or gnarlyness of the trail they are very comparible. My higher ground clearance, better suspension, and wider power band compensate for the extra pounds. Steep switchbacks are where the difference lies. They can be a real bitch on my 640 where he rides right through them on his 250.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #83
FinnDuro
Winter wonderlanding

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
Buy what makes your balls tingle. Motorcycling isn't about what other people think or how the numbers compare.
This, again.

WRR, have ridden it. Just does not have the power, nor the quality of suspension, sorry.
Give it throttle, it starts to accelerate. Did not tingle me. A 600cc range modern thumper (like TE 610 or Xchallenge, say) - it GOES and you surf with the Torque that really is there.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 AM   #84
Jim patton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Me too

I too ride a 511. weighs the same as a WR 250, better everything, a left over 2012, same money as a
WR, time will tell about reliability...
Jim patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #85
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by trav72 View Post
All of this is interesting. I've actually been contemplating selling my WRR /X and picking up a TE630. I love my R/X and I have it setup exactly how I want for both street and dirt. It does everything I ask of it and it never gives me a problem. But I just want more power. Not necessarily in the dirt, just the street.
I'd be interested in hearing your comparison of the two bikes now that you have owned a TE630 in addition to the WRR.
11 Husqvarna TE630- sold
08 Husqvarna TE510- sold
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #86
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
A lot of us wonder this same thing. For most of us, Mark Sampson, BigDogAdventures.com, if you prefer, answered the question when after riding his Husky 610 all over Hell's half-acre he bought a WR250R and knew he'd never ride the Husky again.

That's a big deal to me. Heck, he just rode that little bike to Alaska! (I assume he made it, and is already back. He always "makes it".)

So, I bought a new Husky 630 as soon as I knew that crazy sale was going on. Couldn't help it.

Buy what makes your balls tingle. Motorcycling isn't about what other people think or how the numbers compare.
Exactly,just cause a bike gets raved about by one rider,has no bearing on what you might want. People tend to rave endlessly about what they're riding at the moment,then forget it instantly when the new flame comes along,and so on on and on.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #87
trav72
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 863
Quote:
I'd be interested in hearing your comparison of the two bikes now that you have owned a TE630 in addition to the WRR.
Suspension - The TE wins hands down. Even after I spent a lot of money to make the WRR suspension better. Yamaha really dropped the ball here.

Power - This isn't even a contest. 630 wins hands down

Ergonomics - The 630 wins again for me. I'm a big guy and I just fit better.

Street - Again the 630 wins - It's more comfortable with more power and better handling

Off road - This is where the WRR has a distinct edge even with the inferior suspension. It's smaller and lighter and can be ridden more aggressively in tighter trails. I can not ride the 630 nearly as fast as I could the WRR. This includes 2 track and especially single track. The problem I have with the 630 is that I can't get the damn thing slowed down enough that I continue to blow turns. It's just to big to be ridden aggressively especially when a lot of turns are involved. But I've been doing my best and have spent many days chasing my 2 stroke buddies around and don't get left to far behind. But it does wear me out doing so.

Overall they are both great bikes. But they do have their compromises. You just have to decide where you're willing to compromise the most. But if I had to pick one, I would choose the 630 without question.
trav72 is offline   Reply With Quote