Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #256
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,333
Oh!!! That doesn't sound pleasant. Man I hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure950 View Post
Just about all done really - looking to replace the front brake set up I am not happy with it so have ordered a four pot caliper and mount. The rear suspension should be about sorted fitting new springs on friday 46/46 45 270 they will be firm but also have enough movement to be able to work with me and me and luggage or me and a pillion - I hope. Only fly in the ointment now is my back is buggered - i had a broken back and a fusion back in the 1970's, then another in the accident at work in the 90's caused discs in my neck to be crushed and sometimes they play up bad for months on end, lose feeling down me arms they wont do another operation so its live with the hellish pain till it sorts itself. Been 5 weeks so far on this flare up and I am still in agony so till it settles down the bilge pump aint going no where.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #257
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer: 473
I picked up the new rear springs today so they will be on later today - anyone want to test ride it for me ! - Oh and Thanks for the sympathy with the back problem - I've lived with it on and off for many years now its just a point of behaving when its bad till it settles down then to make up for it be really really bad till its buggered again then it plays me up so I have to calm down again - natures way of telling me I'm getting old.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #258
Clay Spinner
Woodfire or Bust

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
I picked up the new rear springs today so they will be on later today - anyone want to test ride it for me ! - Oh and Thanks for the sympathy with the back problem - I've lived with it on and off for many years now its just a point of behaving when its bad till it settles down then to make up for it be really really bad till its buggered again then it plays me up so I have to calm down again - natures way of telling me I'm getting old.

Yeah yeah... get on with the build you big tease!
Clay Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #259
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

Can anyone knock one of these up for me and maybe do me a favour - open up me neck and juggle it through to me spine - not available on the NHS so its private and way beyond my reach at the moment. Nice bit of kit though.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #260
timdog
a.k.a. Josh

Oddometer: 612
Quote:
Can anyone knock one of these up for me and maybe do me a favour - open up me neck and juggle it through to me spine - not available on the NHS so its private and way beyond my reach at the moment. Nice bit of kit though.
Looks complicated. I would go with the old school fusion.
timdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #261
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdog View Post
Looks complicated. I would go with the old school fusion.
Hi Timdog already had three Lumbar spine vertebrae fused so no movement in that area - the neck fusions can cause more problems with other vertebrae and discs but the NHS are reluctant to do one on me anyway because of my previous surgery.
Away from the medicine and from an engineering point of view ain't that disc replacement insert a tremendous piece of micro engineering - this is what they say - The M6-C has a nucleus, replicating the nucleus pulposus of the normal disc, allowing both compression and translation. It has an outer annulus which again reproduces the function and behaviour of the natural disc's annulus fibrosus, controlling and progressively limiting movement in all directions. And it comes with a 15 year minimum life usage but an expectation of 25 years - now then for all the know how motor companies are never sure of themselves enough to offer a warranty like that.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #262
timdog
a.k.a. Josh

Oddometer: 612
It is pretty amazing stuff. I have heard horror stories with some of the earlier ones, though. Good luck with whatever you decide. Disc problems are no fun.
timdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #263
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

These are a few photos of Iain who is a good mate and done the build on his sidecar including modifying the frame etc down at the workshop where my bike was built up he is currently on route to the states but just crossed great swathes of Mongolia off road the whole way - 800km section his bike has taken a bit of a pounding. Keep an eye out for him, arriving in the USA in the autumn - he is a grand lad if you see him - wave him down for a chat he is worth spending time with over a beer.

adventure950 screwed with this post 07-23-2012 at 12:50 PM
adventure950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #264
gsd4me
90% bluff

Oddometer: 6,794
We have a pic of that bike on our Airhead Facebook page. (http://www.facebook.com/groups/Airhe...tralia/?ref=ts) There has been some discussion on what breed of bird that is on the pannier, any info, so I can amaze them with my knowledge?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #265
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

Dave I have asked Iain to let me know cos I simply cant make it out and do not remember - but will get back to you - here are a few photos while we were working on the bike and one of a run out in the Dales ( yorkshire) before the re build - note the drystone walls - building and restoring them was my trade that is till the discs in me spine started collapsing
Old 07-24-2012, 05:51 AM   #266
gsd4me
90% bluff

Thanks for that......Did anyone have a look at our Facebook page? We are always keen to receive new members into our group, and even though we are based in South East Queensland we have members from all over the world.

gsd4me screwed with this post 07-24-2012 at 03:33 PM
Old 07-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #267
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

Hi Dave I have tried to sign up to your face book dont know if its worked. Sent you a pm about the bike though
Old 07-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #268
gsd4me
90% bluff

Go onto the site and see if you can write something...just introduce yourself. We`re pretty informal in this country.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #269
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

Hi Dave you must have pommie protection switched on cos it aint letting me in.
here are a few more of the chair during construction those alloy boxes in the chair carry most the gear you cant see in the pictures you have so far the seat pads nead to be added st this point and the metal cover over the footwell is to give a lockable storage when off the bike in towns ( more storage !!!) it folds back to create a seat base to which the bum pad is attached .
Old 07-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #270
naginalf
Handy Schtroumpf

Oddometer: 247
Nice sidecar rig! Thanks for showing that, it's good to see that others have done this, I was hoping to do the same. Isn't there a guy down in Oklahoma who specializes in this?
naginalf is offline   Reply With Quote