ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #16
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
I like the sound of this but am concerned about how hard the riding is. More like what bikes are going. I ride a BMW 650 dakar so am not looking for any hard single track. But can ride decent, just a heavy bike.
yea i did this ride one year on a heavy bike and it kicked my but with the rock gardens and loose uphills, the adv route sounds like the way to go
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #17
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,961

mild to challenging I've read.
From the vids it doesn't look real hard.

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #18
Skullsucker
Martin

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwellard10 View Post
Was that you that I helped out with the flat rear tire last year?
I know I changed two tires last year
We want to be free! We want to be free to do what we want to do! We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man. And we want to get loaded. And we want to have a good time! And that’s what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna have a good time. We’re gonna have a party!
Skullsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #19
Skullsucker
Martin

Just got back from the club meeting the ride is going to fantastic and getting better with every sign up. currently 116 signed up not counting 85 members possible. I have helped the mapping of the adventure loop and it is going to be awesome. Lakes, summits, dirt, twisty bumpy back roads, desert mines all kinds of cool things. All funds going to a great cause to save our riding lands. If you need info visit http://www.dustdevilsmc.com/Particip...pantFlyer.aspx
We want to be free! We want to be free to do what we want to do! We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man. And we want to get loaded. And we want to have a good time! And that’s what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna have a good time. We’re gonna have a party!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #20
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,961
How long is the dualsport section each day?...miles...

Rapid Dog screwed with this post 09-05-2013 at 10:55 AM
Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #21
slowerthanu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullsucker View Post
Just got back from the club meeting the ride is going to fantastic and getting better with every sign up. currently 116 signed up not counting 85 members possible. I have helped the mapping of the adventure loop and it is going to be awesome. Lakes, summits, dirt, twisty bumpy back roads, desert mines all kinds of cool things. All funds going to a great cause to save our riding lands. If you need info visit http://www.dustdevilsmc.com/Particip...pantFlyer.aspx
hi we got some club members from the sosnf going to this,any details on the hard ds route? looking forward to some challenging stuff. thanks,adam
p.s. i spoke with gary l he's a cool cat
husaberg fe570 plated
slowerthanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #22
acnmw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
I am going with my son. I even got elected to embarrasses myself doing a trials demo.
acnmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #23
RichardBryant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Rr200

I'll be headed up on Friday, staying at Boomtown. Riding a KTM 530 XC-W.
RichardBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #24
Skullsucker
Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowerthanu View Post
hi we got some club members from the sosnf going to this,any details on the hard ds route? looking forward to some challenging stuff. thanks,adam
p.s. i spoke with gary l he's a cool cat
The A loop is a true A loop with two hill climbs that are a washed out rock soft dirt mess. I have cleaned it the last 4 times but I have watch several buddies take two or three tries and they are all pretty strong A riders.

B loop is less challenging but does have a couple of sections that will bring a little challenge t a B rider.

Adventure loop is perfect for big twins to big singles no real challenges mostly two track dirt, county and non county roads. twisty pavement and some highway.

Looks like we are going to have music Friday in the parking lot and Saturday at the banquet. Air races on Sunday with lunch.

Should be a great event hope we see some more people sign up for the adventure loop I plan on running sweep both Sat. and Sun.

Hope that answers your questions if you have more let me know I will do my best to answer them.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #25
katoomon
Rocket Surgeon

Oddometer: 64
going also

May do the Adventure Loop on a super motard...haha, don't know if I am up for miles and miles of A rider trails. Should be a great time and it is a fund raiser for a great cause: public land access and use through BRC and riders rights through AMA. Right on Reno Dust Devils MC.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #26
Skullsucker
Martin

Ride update:

Some items of note are
- free RV parking, band and trials bike demo Friday night, all night security, $100 off room (air race weekend), free beer, banquet dinner, 10k in raffle prizes, all adventure loop profits going to Blue Ribbon and more...
- use discount code SDDEVIL for room discount at Boomtown
- ADV loop is 250 miles on Sat and 150 on Sunday, twice the A/B loops
- bitchin easy dirt and bumpy pavement with no traffic... I know- I helped lay it out!
- free lunch included both days
- great stopping points, a mine with 1000 acres of sand dunes, 4 lakes, a mountain lookout, and numerous bars along the route

Extra kick-down- mention my name Martin Gastanaga on the entry form and get $20 in raffle tickets (everyone else gets $1) and $30 in coupons for http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/ The $20 of raffle tickets is only good if you sign up for the adventure loop!

Skullsucker screwed with this post 09-08-2013 at 10:08 AM
Old 09-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #27
benwiggin2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullsucker View Post
Extra kick-down- mention my name Martin Gastanaga on the entry form and get $20 in raffle tickets (everyone else gets $1) and $30 in coupons for http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/
Whaaaa???? Already signed up a month ago lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
benwiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #28
Skullsucker
Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwiggin2 View Post
Whaaaa???? Already signed up a month ago lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find me at the event I ride a 950 Adventure Blue and Orange and I will make it up to you
Old 09-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #29
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,343
Rode parts of the A loop today.
Bring your A-game.

It's dusty out there, should be an epic ride.

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #30
herrhelmet
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by katoomon View Post
May do the Adventure Loop on a super motard...haha, don't know if I am up for miles and miles of A rider trails. Should be a great time and it is a fund raiser for a great cause: public land access and use through BRC and riders rights through AMA. Right on Reno Dust Devils MC.
Word