Old 07-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #16
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,698
Too good to be true....

Quote:
Originally Posted by the octopus View Post
That's a great price on a full kit.

Also, nice reference to the German Purity Laws in your signature Michhub.
Thats what I thought until Tracey emailed just now...
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
Hi Mike,

I just realized something in case you did not know. The Z-AFM is a separate, optional unit and it is $299.95. I didn’t want you to think the Z-Fi unit included the Z-AFM.

The Pair Valve Eliminator kit is $19.95.

There is also an optional map select switch that can switch between 2 maps on the fly (the system holds two maps) that mounts on the handle bar. It is $79.95.

Thanks you,

Tracey de Martini

Executive Assistant / Sales
15330 Fairfield Ranch Rd., Suite E
Chino Hills, CA 91709
P - 909.597.8300 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 909.597.8300 end_of_the_skype_highlighting x-24
F - 909.597.5580
www.Bazzaz.net
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"

Michhub screwed with this post 07-20-2011 at 03:53 PM Reason: text color
Michhub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #17
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
There is also an optional map select switch that can switch between 2 maps on the fly (the system holds two maps) that mounts on the handle bar. It is $79.95.
BOOYAAA!! There we go, just what the doc ordered. "Mileage" map for gettin' there, "Power" map for rippin' it up once there.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:54 AM   #18
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 628
The two map switch is the way to go! I have a spare 2 lb nitrous bottle and solenoid in the shop, a 30 shot would be fun. Out tooling along, hit the map and nitrous switch and go! Might be hard on the stock motor so a mileage and performance map would be better. My PC III on the drag bike has 2 maps so I run with and with out nitrous.

The cost for this Bazzaz is in line with PC III and $250 in dyno tuning cost.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #19
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbike View Post
The cost for this Bazzaz is in line with PC III and $250 in dyno tuning cost.
Or perhaps the Z-AFM can be purchased by a club and then passed along in said club until each bike is mapped. Or purchased used as they are the same for all their units. Just saying.
gixxersteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #20
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,214
Having spent time hanging with Amar Bazzaz I can tell You the guy is a real pro. He was Mladin's electronics guy for a while and really knows how to get the best power from a machine.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #21
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwik View Post
Having spent time hanging with Amar Bazzaz I can tell You the guy is a real pro. He was Mladin's electronics guy for a while and really knows how to get the best power from a machine.
No doubt Bazzaz has a great reputation. I have no knowledge of these units's track record, perhaps someone can jump in. I would have two questions/reservations.

1) will there be a connections breakdown - a known issue with Power Commander - a non-issue with the Tuneecu software interface
2) the cost with the AF unit is far higher than a tune with Tuneecu.

Just thoughts. Not slagging the product as I have no idea how these units are faring int the real world

gixxersteph
Old 07-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #22
the octopus OP
The Chef

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxersteph View Post
No doubt Bazzaz has a great reputation. I have no knowledge of these units's track record, perhaps someone can jump in. I would have two questions/reservations.

1) will there be a connections breakdown - a known issue with Power Commander - a non-issue with the Tuneecu software interface
2) the cost with the AF unit is far higher than a tune with Tuneecu.

Just thoughts. Not slagging the product as I have no idea how these units are faring int the real world

gixxersteph
What do you mean a connections breakdown? You mean errors in connecting to the module? If so, I have not experienced this yet, and I've tinkered quite a bit.

The cost with the AF unit is higher than simply flashing a map with TuneECU, this is correct. However, to build a proper datalogging setup for use with TuneECU is not cheap (price is variable, depending on the components you choose to use). Granted, this would be a very flexible system that could be used for other vehicles, but the datalog/analysis/reflash process would certainly be more frustrating than the same with Bazzaz equipment and software.

Aside from the quality of the Bazzaz components, what you're really paying for with the whole Z-Fi MX and Z-AFM is an easy, rapidly remappable system.
the octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #23
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the octopus View Post
What do you mean a connections breakdown? You mean errors in connecting to the module? If so, I have not experienced this yet, and I've tinkered quite a bit.

The cost with the AF unit is higher than simply flashing a map with TuneECU, this is correct. However, to build a proper datalogging setup for use with TuneECU is not cheap (price is variable, depending on the components you choose to use). Granted, this would be a very flexible system that could be used for other vehicles, but the datalog/analysis/reflash process would certainly be more frustrating than the same with Bazzaz equipment and software.

Aside from the quality of the Bazzaz components, what you're really paying for with the whole Z-Fi MX and Z-AFM is an easy, rapidly remappable system.
Power Commanders seem to disconnect or fail at inopportune times, I take it that the Bazzaz don't. That's what I needed to hear.

I am interested to see more people use and report their findings. Thanks for your input Octopus
Old 07-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #24
ishvara
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Bazzaz and GSX-R1000K5

I'm using Bazzaz on my GSX-R1000K5 for about 3 years now - it's absolutely brilliant!
For me it works perfectly without glitches, bugs or other issues.
It completely pays for its price despite the fact I'm using the full setup with AFM, TC and quickshifter.
If Bazzaz will ever start doing this module for the 990Adv, I'll definitely place the order.
Top stuff!
ishvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #25
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer

Maybe Octopus can help with this, he told me the picked the lower cost tuner that does not have quick shift and traction control for the 990 due to folks not wanting the add ons. I have the impression that you could purchase the full featured controller if you wanted. The quick shifter would be a nice add on for the 990 and a guy with super motar may want both.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #26
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishvara View Post
I'm using Bazzaz on my GSX-R1000K5 for about 3 years now - it's absolutely brilliant!
For me it works perfectly without glitches, bugs or other issues.
It completely pays for its price despite the fact I'm using the full setup with AFM, TC and quickshifter.
If Bazzaz will ever start doing this module for the 990Adv, I'll definitely place the order.
Top stuff!
I am hearing similar EXCELLENT reviews from people who have used Bazzaz on other forums (the Superduke forum specifically). This isn't helping my wallet thickness in the near future.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #27
the octopus OP
The Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbike View Post
Maybe Octopus can help with this, he told me the picked the lower cost tuner that does not have quick shift and traction control for the 990 due to folks not wanting the add ons. I have the impression that you could purchase the full featured controller if you wanted. The quick shifter would be a nice add on for the 990 and a guy with super motar may want both.
Chris actually told me that he chose the MX model because the 990 lacked easy access to some feature that was required for the QS and TC models.

Either way, I'm happy the MX model was chosen. The less shit, the less that can fail. I'm alright with that. It's part of why I almost went with a 950 in the first place.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #28
Easty
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Any updates on this product.. The switchable maps sounds a great ideal.. I'd be interested if it's similar price to a PC.

'08 KTM 990
'08 Ducati 1098
Easty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #29
the octopus OP
The Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easty View Post
Any updates on this product.. The switchable maps sounds a great ideal.. I'd be interested if it's similar price to a PC.
I don't know if it's available to the general market yet. Still enjoying my experiences with the two modules.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:17 AM   #30
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer

I have a Z-FI MX controller and Z-AFM auto tune unit on the way. Hope to install this weekend and get a few rides in so i can get started on my custom map. My bike still gets around 29 mpg and the plugs are fouled in 2500 miles from the overly rich map. This is an expensive way to get it fixed but I do not want the trial and error method the tune ecu.
I will report back after it is mapped.