Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #31
madbiker1
Evilman

Oddometer: 162
I was curious about this system...I'm running the Superduke cams in my 07 Adventure and I have a map loaded via tuneboy which is quite good but I think it could be better with some fine tuning. One of the things I was thinking was that the ignition advance could be adjusted similar to what an 07 Superduke is. Does this system adjust advance as well as fuel mapping?
madbiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #32
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbiker1 View Post
I was curious about this system...I'm running the Superduke cams in my 07 Adventure and I have a map loaded via tuneboy which is quite good but I think it could be better with some fine tuning. One of the things I was thinking was that the ignition advance could be adjusted similar to what an 07 Superduke is. Does this system adjust advance as well as fuel mapping?

Sounds like you are a candidate to try some of the SD offerings on the Superduke site (Tuneecubased maps) or at the least try the Otto map from the Tuneecu site. I installed that on my 2008 SD and have been a happy camper since .

For reference I have a Motohooligan airbox but a stock (with cats) exhaust
gixxersteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:21 AM   #33
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 619
I installed my Bazzaz system yesterday and took four test rides to build my normal map with 13.0 to 1 air fuel ratio.
Really impressed with the quality of the wiring harness and instructions, perfect! The software is really easy to work with and they have webex's every week that you can link to from the Bazzaz site. I will get a few tanks of fuel in the bike to see if my 28 mpg has improved.
This may turn out to be the best $600 I every spent on the bike.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #34
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbike View Post
I installed my Bazzaz system yesterday and took four test rides to build my normal map with 13.0 to 1 air fuel ratio.
Really impressed with the quality of the wiring harness and instructions, perfect! The software is really easy to work with and they have webex's every week that you can link to from the Bazzaz site. I will get a few tanks of fuel in the bike to see if my 28 mpg has improved.
This may turn out to be the best $600 I every spent on the bike.
Any update on this?
Old 09-20-2011, 02:52 AM   #35
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer

My bike is running good but still has a rough spot around 5000 rpm's that is only present if rolling on the throttle slowly, wide open and it is fine. I removed the Bazzaz system to make sure it was not the cause and the rough spot and it was still present and it ran terrible all over jerky, backfiring, stumbles and 26mpg. So I reinstalled the Bazzaz and it runs perfect across the range except the 5000 rpm spot and my mileage is avg 34 mpg.
I am taking the bike to Wayne at Power Tripp Oct 1 and he is going to install Super Duke Cams, flow the heads, and dyno the bike to get rid of my 5K rough spot I like the Bazzaz system and will keep it. I plan on some exhaust header modifications so once in place I can auto tune for the differance from stock.

For most bikes that don't have a issue a Bazzaz with auto tune will give a great running bike with out a Dyno session. Putting it on the Dyno will help you build peak power but you can tune to any air fuel ratio you want and not the trail and error of guessing and looking at spark plugs that TuneECU method requires with out a wide band 02 sensor. The Bazzaz lets you record the actual AF ratios when riding your bike at speed vs sitting on a Dyno so it captures and ram air effect. I have a PCIII on my Zx-14 with a dyno map, wish I had purchased a Bazzaz instead so I could capture the actual AF at 150 mph at the end of the drag strip vs it sitting still on the dyno.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #36
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,677
Just installed my Z-AFM & Z-fi MX...kit came with an excellent harness that had no issues.
The only problem I have is the location they recommend for install is the 'accessory' box under the seat....
mine happens to have the ABS unit so there is little room. It fits inside but the cover would not work.
Anyway, I installed those and the CPR Rottweiler filter from CJ.
First run with the provided 'Slip-On' map provided by Bazzaz was impressive.
I ran the data logging function just to get an idea of AFR...the ECU has the Akra map so we all know its rich....

Yup, still rich despite the increase air flow. I think I'm really going to like this bit of kit
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #37
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

sooooooooo?

two plus months on and no update. been spending so much time enjoying the newly invigored KTM?
please do tell.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:47 AM   #38
Deviant666
Present

Oddometer: 526
Krau-bump!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #39
Michhub
Major Medical

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxersteph View Post
sooooooooo?

two plus months on and no update. been spending so much time enjoying the newly invigored KTM?
please do tell.
Hey, sorry guys....I did a bunch of runs, 10 to be exact and found the weather and route changed results a lot...I tried to be consistent on using 0-100% TPS in all gears but a few close calls with the police made me take a break. Anyway, I ended up with the following and have been running this for a few months...haven't blown anything up. still rich in some areas for sure but it just seems to change one way or the other and doesn't really hit the target the way I want/thought it would...there is a local Bazzaz tuner so I might go the dyno route after all which defeats the purpose leaving only the ability to select between maps the only real advantage.....

Bonsai Elephant - "
Old 08-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #40
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
I think you need more miles of logging. Another inmate rode up to my house two weeks ago. Data log was on. About 200 miles up. He averaged 30mpg. At my house we looked at the suggested map and installed it. The map looked good. I rode with him on the way back about half way. Smooth throttle and 46.5 mpg was the result.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #41
Michhub
Major Medical

Crap...I just got back from a weekend trip and the 400 miles would have been perfect...true I've only been going out on 20 minute loops....thanks for tip :

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Bonsai Elephant - "
Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #42
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Thank you both - good information to have.

From what I've read and gathered over several threads, the units need more data points than the 20 minute loops would offer. Such a long run as Tahoeacr indicated would then be a basis for still more fine tuning.

I guess it works as advertised - now I've got to start counting my pennies....I can use the excuse that I'll be saving $ with better gas mileage.....
Old 08-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #43
Michhub
Major Medical

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxersteph View Post
...I guess it works as advertised - now I've got to start counting my pennies....
I saved about $50-$100 buying from Ebay....now I have to go take a nice long ride
Bonsai Elephant - "
Old 09-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #44
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer

Reinstalled the bazza unit Saturday and did 3 tuning sessions. Really improved the low speed fueling and bikes pulls stronger in the 3000 to 6000 rpm range. Since the dyno tune ECU session I have installed RC8 intake horns and a Remus 2 into 1 system that replaced a HT Racing 2 into 1 system. I did a 150 mile loop Sunday and still need to update the program with the changes. I still feel the Bazza set up is very good, I plan on making a few changes to my bike in the future and the auto tune will allow me to update the map with out a dyno or guess work.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #45
Michhub
Major Medical

Took a decent ride and retrieved the following recommendations...applied these and am now getting about 40mpg....which is a lot better then before...I'm going to go out again and try to hit the spots my 'cruise' didn't catch. The unit is still logging richness even with the CPR installed (KTM Akra Map base).

Bonsai Elephant - "