ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #16
sieg OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfs225 View Post
Okay, here's my bike at the Church. In Kaskaskia, Illinois. West of the Mississippi. The church was founded in 1675. There is also a bell there that has a great history. The Liberty Bell of the West. Given to the church by King Louis XV of France in 1744.
That bell it the curent tag on the Cental US Tag-o-Rama, if your bike was 100 ft to the left you could have got two for one. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...234182&page=75
Old 07-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #17
ajayhawkfan
Rock Chalk

Oddometer: 4,305
I know the place of the new tag. I was there last two weeks ago.

That grotto was built around a fascinating geological feature called a karst window.

I think we stood in about the same place for the picture.

Texas Hill Country Badlands and Black Hills Riding the T.W.A.T Photos
ajayhawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #18
lfs225
Can Am Rider

Oddometer: 298
[QUOTE=sieg;16492702]That bell it the curent tag on the Cental US Tag-o-Rama, if your bike was 100 ft to the left you could have got two for one.

I took a picture of the bell while I was there. No bike, just bell and plaque. Does that count? Nah, I guess not. Let someone else find it.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #19
brad1098
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
I live in Randolph County. Home of all kinds of historical goodies. I spent alot of time on Kaskaskia Island in mid 90's I worked for the company that was contracted to rebuild the bell shrine after the flood of 93.

They did ring the bell once every 4th of July, but haven't since 92 for fear of cracking it worse than it is. I rang it in 94 "just to hear what it sounded like" as a kid working to rebuild the shrine. It was a very warm and rich sound. I remember being surprised at the quality of the tone. So I may be the last person to ring this historic bell, which is much older than the Liberty Bell. Im for sure the guy that cut all the t & g ceiling boards.

I was ready to jump into the game and get my own tag. I went past the island twice in the last week on 4 wheels. Today on my way back from Kentucky Lake my bike broke. Head gasket is probable cause
brad1098 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:51 AM   #20
lfs225
Can Am Rider

I rang it in 94 "just to hear what it sounded like" as a kid working to rebuild the shrine. It was a very warm and rich sound. I remember being surprised at the quality of the tone. So I may be the last person to ring this historic bell,

That's a neat comment. Great history. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #21
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Got It

St. Joseph Catholic Church in Apple Creek, Mo. Out side of Perryville. This is a must see, the Grotto is beautiful.
Attached Images

Potosi Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #22
lfs225
Can Am Rider

New Tag

Great find. Waiting for your new tag.............
Old 08-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #23
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
New Tag

We will keep with the church theme and give you this one to find.
55 miles due west of old tag is this little country church. Take an adventure ride, cool off at the Silver Mines, and go a little further to find the country church.
Potosi Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #24
dgjackson40
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Why does this picture have a date of 3/12/2011?
dgjackson40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #25
sieg OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgjackson40 View Post
Why does this picture have a date of 3/12/2011?
Why not? Could be a file photo? No leaves on the trees so it could be March? Camera could be set wrong?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #26
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Oddometer: 938
In da rules on Post #1 a file photo is appropriate to drop a new tag, as long it's the same bike that nabbed the previous tag. In Potosi Joe's case however, it doesn't look to be the same bike. It may be, but the color of the fairing (looks to be a KLR) is red, while the KLR bike used for grabbing the last tag is the black/yellow graphics version. Different bikes? So, it may not be, per the rulz, a good tag.

Now, if Potosi Joe wants to ride on over and retake this tag on his current bike, that would be OK! Otherwise he could post a new tag.

Not trying to be the gate keeper here, but I'm just saying....
Old 08-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #27
lfs225
Can Am Rider

Tag

Oh, dang, man.......I know where the tag is and was just waiting for cooler weather. Probably Thursday. And I have a new tag that will keep you guessing. How 'bout we let this rule infraction slide and use it as a warning? Looks like a pretty neat tag to me.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #28
sieg OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hey it looked like the same bike to me. The bike in the grab: It's obviously a KLR. The rear fender is maroon, it has hard bags, PVC tool holder on front, dark front fender (blue or black I enlarged it and I can see a little of it from the back). Bike in drop: It's obviously a KLR. Sides and front are maroon, it has hard bags, PVC tool holder on front, dark front fender. I agree the tank graphics appear to be different but it is the other side. To close to call, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

BTW. I grabbed this one today, but will let it for someone else till next week. No one get's it by then I'll post it and drop a new one. That is of course if this tag is not declared foul. It's a good tag, as I had gone by this road many times and never gone down it, till today.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #29
Tony K
going somewhere

Oddometer: 129
Strange ! Pic date is March
Dandelines have the puffy stuff that comes in May or June I think .
Trees appear with out leaves.

Potosi Joe has owned that KLR for a couple years.
Tony K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #30
rjharris
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
It's the same bike. Potosi Joe has just added more farkels to it!
rjharris is offline   Reply With Quote