Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #76
redtank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Saw a 3 wheeled Chinese Ruckus on the net, didn't get a price, looks like some of the other Chinese trikes. I'd buy a Chinese Ruckus if it had the 250 liquid cooled engine rather than the 150, Gy6 engine. I had a '87 Honda 250 Elite and it had a damn good engine, no vibration, and would run all day long with no complaints. I think the 250 water cooled engine design is one of the best to come along in 25 years.

Cris
redtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #77
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Oddometer: 823
Son of a................

I Told you I would tell you the good and the bad.......... Well here is the bad.

I have been riding the KLONE all week and have been enjoying it.

I Got up early this morning and put a little over 100 miles on it. I think I hit every park in the county! :)

Anyway....... About 2 miles from home the bike started loosing power. I limped it off the road and could here a pfft pfft pfft out of the front of the engine. After running into the 7-11 I got back on it and road it home. I took the side panels off of it and started it back up to see if I could figure out where the sound was coming from.

I pulled the plug wire cap out of it and the Damn Sparkplug came out with it.....Along with the Head plug threads.............

I could see that they used antisieze on it but I dont know if it was over tourqed or what.

I Called the Dealers shop number and left a voicemail and about 20 minutes later he called me back. He Offered to pick it up tonight but I am just going to drop it off tomarrow night after work. He has several new heads ready to go so it looks like it may be back on the road early next week.

Fingers crossed.. Wish me luck!
deezildennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #78
ColinDoyle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
Ahh, your Chinese aluminum cherry has been popped. Ahead of you lies a long and dreary road, strewn with taps, Heli-Coil inserts, and drill bits measured in sixty-fourths of an inch.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #79
lastmanout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinDoyle View Post
Ahead of you lies a long and dreary road, strewn with taps, Heli-Coil inserts, and drill bits measured in sixty-fourths of an inch.

Thinking of buying a clone, sorry to hear of your troubles. Guess the chinese are slow to improve their products.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #80
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Poor build quality is universal..

I had a Powerstroke in a F-250 that had the injector threads stripped at the INT'l plant. I guess I had my Cherry popped on the cheap American Iron as well.. :( Luckly that was under warranty as well! When that happend I got shit for not getting a Chebby..

My first Honda XL500 I bought new had pretty much this same problem after a few helicoils then finally a new head I gave up on it and took a big loss on it. Got crap from my Buddys with Kwaks and zuks then..

But I do have 114 tb bbk on a ct clone 110 I have that has lasted almost 6k with the chinese aluminum. It must not be all garbage..

This seems to be a assembly issue. Who know's... maybe they had a Ex pat jap Sumo wrassler workin the production line the day my bike was built and gave er a lil more than needed with the plug.

This setback is a non issue for me. I guess I would a little more pissed if this was my only mode of transportation but it isn't. I have a warranty on the bike and the dealer is a Stand up guy and he knows his shit.

Now....I would be worrying if I bought this thing off fleabay with no warranty...... Hell....I Would be out $39 for a new head!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:22 AM   #81
wanna bECO
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
sounds like a great dealer there... parts in stock and backing up the warranty, keep us in the loop.

current stable

'94 Harley .... a blue one
'82 Honda passport
'87 Honda spacy 250
And an E Bike
85 spacy 250
81 passport (in pieces, many parts for sale)
The hit's just keep coming.. bought another 81 passport (11-28-09)

http://tiny.cc/ITgetsBETTER
wanna bECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:16 AM   #82
ronnath
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezildennis View Post
He has several new heads ready to go

that business about having several heads in stock makes me wonder if that's a known weak sport on the GY.
ronnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:01 AM   #83
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

I haven't heard of being a weak spot on the engine.
I know He has several new gy6 engines stripped down for parts. That's where my new head is coming from.

He stated in his 7 years that mine is only second one from new that had a issue with it. He Did say he had changed several from people stripping them out.

Regardless.... the bike is in the back of my truck and will be dropped off at the shop tonight. I must say... It does look pretty badass without the panels on it.

I'll get some pics when I get it back.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #84
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Oddometer: 6,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph View Post
I'm glad you're liking it! Look forward to future updates.

Every time Chinese scooters come up there's a contingent of people chiming in with "I had a Chinese scooter for X years and had no problems over Y miles" where X < 5 years and Y < 3000 miles.

I know they really haven't been on the market for very long so we can't exactly have 20 years of comparison, but I'd love to hear from someone that put on 10,000 or more miles. That's where the quality differences will really come in.
6000 miles on a Lifan Honda clone bolted into an ancient Yamaha trailbike, I've had the bike on the road since July of '08.

No issues as of yet

YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #85
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Dropped the scoot of at dealer. Hopefully it won't be a long of a wait!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #86
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

The dealer repaired the bike. I picked it up at 5pm and rode it for a bit. Seems just fine. Looks like the plug was cross threaded and that did it in.

I could see thread damage on the plug.

I got some good pics of the bike with the panels off it. I will post them Tomarrow.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #87
wanna bECO
Studly Adventurer

nice turn around.... I'd post a good yelp for that dealer. Anyone selling MIC scoots needs all the help they can get amongst US informed inmates. I think him turning it around like that is a good thing. I'm glad you're on the road again too.... stay safe.

current stable

'82 Honda passport
'87 Honda spacy 250
And an E Bike
85 spacy 250

Old 08-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #88
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Justa update. The bike has been fine and have had no issues with it but I have not really had a chance to ride it a whole bunch after I picked it up. I apologize for the punctuation..

Tuesday night my Aunt found my Mom unresponsive in her bed. She has had a rough few years mentally. My Dad and her are divorced mainly because my Mom had a Breakdown after my nephew Passed away a few years back. very sad long story...... but they split after almost 45 years of being together.

She lives across the street from my Aunt and they pretty much take care of each other and hang out go get the mail... You know..

The last few weeks my mother had been in a funk and slept alot and didnt do much with my aunt although they still did see each other every day. My Aunt went to her house to get her for dinner and found her in her bed unresponsive. Paramedics came and took her to the hospital and she had been asleep in a coma like state since.

Until today.. we finally got her to open her eyes and squeeze my hand so she knows we are there and has brain function. No one knows what the hell happend, they didnt find anything out of the ordaniry as far as her meds in her system so we just are not sure..

But she is coming out of it it seems like so we are happy.

I tell you it has been rough.... But the only butt time I have had with the scoot the last couple of days is to sit on it to smoke a half a pack of cigs a night worring about my Mom.

rough...........
Old 08-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #89
wanna bECO
Studly Adventurer

I took care of my mom, the last 4 mos of her life, when we found out she had cancer. It started out with a high level of billy ruben (sp) Jaundice.. anyway.. she had surgery, not successful. I had her in my house, when she was not in the hospital. I recommend that. It's very hard to give your 64 YO. mommy a bath, but I did it. Hardest thing I ever did, but I am glad that I did it. At least she knows how much I loved her.

If you can take care of her.. do so. My mom was way to young to go and it all happened very suddenly. My best friend of 25 years died 7 days later.. the pain that month was unbearable. I think about them both everyday. Tell her ya love her and hug her a bunch, it makes it easier for both of you. Ps.. Mom died with me holding her hand. Her brother and sister were in the room as was the woman I eventually married. It made it easier to be surrounded by the people that loved her the most. Good luck and I will pray for you both..

PS.. Stop reading this and get over to her house and tell her you love her....right now!

current stable

'82 Honda passport
'87 Honda spacy 250
And an E Bike
85 spacy 250

Old 08-20-2011, 05:30 AM   #90
lastmanout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
PS.. Stop reading this and get over to her house and tell her you love her....right now![/QUOTE]

Great Idea. Good Lord be with you all.