User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #16
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Tought of using an 5 pole SPDT relay?

When the relay is off u got the hotwire running trough the relay to the flasher relay that is connected to the hazard switch. When the ignition switch is on u power the SPDT relay and it switches to a dead end = the hotwire is broken. This way, u use the power of the ignition switch to unpower the hotwire.

Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #17
Alex_RO
Wanderer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom72 View Post
Tought of using an 5 pole SPDT relay?

When the relay is off u got the hotwire running trough the relay to the flasher relay that is connected to the hazard switch. When the ignition switch is on u power the SPDT relay and it switches to a dead end = the hotwire is broken. This way, u use the power of the ignition switch to unpower the hotwire.

Haven't really though about it, i was kinda hoping to get away with it using only the 2 ACC leads (ground and 12V) without connecting to the wiring loom in additional places..

I will probably add a Fuzeblock in the near future and I'd like to keep the wiring loom as unmolested as possible until that time...

Hmm.. would it work if it were to use the switched ACC2 power lead as the "ignition switch" and power the rest off the circuit off ACC1 ?

Thank you, Alex
Alex_RO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:25 AM   #18
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_RO View Post
Haven't really though about it, i was kinda hoping to get away with it using only the 2 ACC leads (ground and 12V) without connecting to the wiring loom in additional places..

I will probably add a Fuzeblock in the near future and I'd like to keep the wiring loom as unmolested as possible until that time...

Hmm.. would it work if it were to use the switched ACC2 power lead as the "ignition switch" and power the rest off the circuit off ACC1 ?

Thank you, Alex
If the ignition switch is on you would power from the ACC1 and ACC2 at the same time as the ACC1 does not power off when u turn the ignition switch on. The power from the 'hotwire' needs to be interrupted as soon as u turn the ignition switch on.

You can leave the loom alone and add splits to the connectors when u peel the clips out. Just cut off the clips at the end of the wire and make the split there. It's easy to undo without cutting in the middle of the loom.
And while keeping things waterproof.

Katoom72 screwed with this post 02-24-2013 at 06:21 AM
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #19
Alex_RO
Wanderer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom72 View Post
If the ignition switch is on you would power from the ACC1 and ACC2 at the same time as the ACC1 does not power off when u turn the ignition switch on. The power from the 'hotwire' needs to be interrupted as soon as u turn the ignition switch on.

You can leave the loom alone and add splits to the connectors when u peel the clips out. Just cut off the clips at the end of the wire and make the split there. It's easy to undo without cutting in the middle of the loom.
And while keeping things waterproof.

Thank you!

I'm guessing this is a pretty good representation of what it should look like ( it's simply easier for me to comprehend - btw, image "borrowed" from here ).

Thanks again!

Alex
Alex_RO is offline   Reply With Quote