Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
AccordionThief OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Vacation in Southern Czech Republic

Hey.

my vacation is starting now and I plan to spend much time riding, on my medium ninja (ex 500) I have for about three weeks now. Today I'm taking MSF course (or something -- we don't do stuff like emergency braking when taking our license) and the day after I'm going to a log cabin in the woods. But since there will be four of us for most of the time and I pretty much hate two of the people (but I promised to be there), I plan to ride around and experience Souther Czechia (Czech Republic, Europe, Earth, ... :) ) with it's woods, pools and ponds, dams and cultural historical stuff. I'd like to do black see or dolomites later this year, but I want to start small, and the area is supposed to be beautiful.

When it's not raining.

Which it is.

Damn.

Anyway, there's adventure riding wating, rain's not going to stop me.

So, anyone interested? Should I provide pics?
Old 07-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
Bocephous
Bitter Clinger

Oddometer: 341
Yes.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Bocephous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
WayneJ
LFC/CCCCC

Oddometer: 5,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordionThief View Post
So, anyone interested? Should I provide pics?
Absolutely!

20% Smug Mug Credit
WayneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
AccordionThief OP
Adventurer

So, the safety course. Pictures in a minute (or actually as soon as the guy who did the course sends them to me).

It was fun even though I was pretty much the greenest guy there as I have had my license for about three weeks, while next guys were three years, ten years and thirty years, though they tried to convince me that even after thirty years I won't know anything

Only it was raining whole day, and the course was 60 km away (that about 2 376 miles).

Experience
- the "waterproof" jacket lasted dry for about twenty minutes
- the leather boots (where there's no way water can get it) lasted dry for almost whole day
- the "waterproof" pants lasted dry though whole safety course and only got wet after some cage going in the other direction went through a huge puddle splashing me all over
- my gloves didn't color my fingers blue/purple, it was just that cold
- gloves so wet that they spray water when you clench a fist are very uncomfortable
- you can apparently drown a cellphone by having it in you pocket

Also my steering is not strange when braking, the shiver I'm experiencing is normal feeling of front wheel blocking

AccordionThief screwed with this post 07-30-2011 at 01:29 PM Reason: spelling
AccordionThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Riff
Legend - In my Mind

Oddometer: 307
ABSOLUTELY! let's see the pics.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
AccordionThief OP
Adventurer

Also, there were so many crazy cagers ... CZ has 50 kph speed limit in towns like most of EU (it was sixty but it now fifty because that on average surface with average car and average reaction time one second should give you braking distance thirty meters ... blah blah blah). So in a total downpour I was going 50 kph in town and there were hundreds (*) of cars that just needed to overtake me. Because I'm on a bike or something. You just have to overtake a bike.

Now rural roads are 90 kph (55 mph). And it was ... tada ... the same. I was overtaken by thousands (**) of cars. Including one bus that is supposed to have built in limiter limiting it to 80 kph. What the hell?

Noone tried to actually murder me as of yet, so that's nice.

The pics aren't here yet. So here's a placeholder MEANWHILE AT HOME pic:

(*): not actually hundreds
(**): not actually thousands
Old 08-02-2011, 03:30 AM   #7
AccordionThief OP
Adventurer

OK it took some time to get 'net connection here. And my ninja started behaving a little strange (wouldn't start without choke, low revs on idle even when on choke) do I spent most of my time changing a spark plug. But here are some photos from the way there, I'll get photos of the place where I stay as soon as possible. (I'm not much of a photograppher, so I tend to forgot I need to takee a shot when I see something interesting.

food for ninja

lonely higway

mcdonalds. obviously

and a pond, i.e. artificial lake for growing fish

see ya later!