Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2014, 05:29 AM   #1
OZ GS Rider OP
Learning by trying

Oddometer: 5
Around Australia Run

Hey all,

Thought I would share a ride report of the run I did around Australia late last year. Started and ended in Brisbane on the east coast and due to time constraints, I ended up "cutting the corner" by going via the inland route to Cloncurry in Qld. The coast will have to wait for another day. Riding a 2006 R1200GS set up for camping. The trip took 4 1/2 weeks to complete so it was pretty quick as that was all I had time for.

Had a spot tracker with me and the route I took and overnight stops I made can be seen at http://www.findmespot.com/spotadvent...?tripid=324552

Had a GoPro with me shooting photos on auto throughout the trip and the trusty iPhone camera which took surprisingly good shots. I have ended up compiling a couple of videos showing the highlights of the trip and at the end of the last video is various details on mileage etc. If you have any questions about the trip ask away and I'll do my best to answer them. Hope you enjoy it. I know I did and I am already looking forward to doing again in the next year or so but going clockwise this time and doing a bit more inland stuff in Western Australia.

Link to the playlist of videos is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4dvr...UgiOwskoFUocGc
OZ GS Rider is offline   Reply With Quote