Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #31
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Oddometer: 652
I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertynh View Post
Really nice to have another road warrior share their experiences. Wife and I took a week in Nova Scotia but I have yet to figure out how to post photos stored on an iPad. Your trip covers areas we want to do as well. Will be using your RR for reference. Thanks! Great pics!
Thanks much for your comments as I sure appreciate them. I always feel pretty weak when it comes to providing anything of much value, so I hope that you can find something that will be helpful.

I hope you can get those photos figured out so that I can read your RR.

Thanks again, Gary "Oldone"
Oldone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:08 AM   #32
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

1990 PC800 Honda Pacific Coast

My trusty (so far) Pacific Coast bike that's been going along without any problems for three summers
here in Minnesota. The only things that I've done have been the normal oil/filter and clutch and brake
fluid changes. I also have a 1998 PC out in Arizona and that one's been trouble-free too. Going back 50
odd years, these are by far the nicest all-around bikes I"ve ever had.

Oldone screwed with this post 08-16-2011 at 05:47 PM
Old 08-16-2011, 04:41 AM   #33
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Grampa's National Monument Ride

This was taken after my Arizona Grampa's National Monument Ride last year and it included a ride through the
beautiful Oak Creek Canyon. It was my first ride report and a real learning experience!

Oldone screwed with this post 08-28-2011 at 04:27 AM
Old 08-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #34
LittleWan
You can do it!

Oddometer: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldone View Post

I want one of these

Hi Gary!
I enjoyed a good "wook"
It's great to see you out on the road!
thanks for taking us along,
kelly
LittleWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #35
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Don't forget.....

Kelly,

You're going to have go to Ont. for one of those. :-) Thanks for taking a "wook" and don't forget to let me know when your next RR is in the works.

Gary
Old 08-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #36
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 8,014
If you find some slightly more aggressive tires for that PC, I can some even more rides, near Thunder Bay!
Old 08-20-2011, 03:47 AM   #37
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,741
I just happened to see this.. Sitting in a hotel south of Minneapolis. I've been on the road a week, and going around Superior was part of the trip.
Your RR showed me all the stuff I missed. Now I have to ride it again.
I was under a time crunch, so I took off from Blind River, Ont, and ended up going completely around and back into the US in one day. I was so tired I just pitched a tent down on the beach about 10 miles south of the Border.
My original plan was to camp in Thunder Bay, but there aren't any campgrounds!
I goofed around for a hour or more trying to find a place to camp (Garmin took me to a storage lot, across the neatest old bridge with RR tracks down the middle.)
I finally gave up and headed south.. No camping anywhere, it's all north of Thunder Bay..

Beautiful country, I will ride it again. Your RR shows all I missed, thanks for taking the time.

Jeff
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #38
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Dirt tires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron View Post
If you find some slightly more aggressive tires for that PC, I can some even more rides, near Thunder Bay!
Lucky for me there's not much available for dirt tires for my PC.....I'm likely to dump it for sure. I did hit a stretch of soft sand a few weeks ago when I ran into construction. First time for me on that kind of road. Ufta!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #39
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildwoodMOCruiser View Post
I just happened to see this.. Sitting in a hotel south of Minneapolis. I've been on the road a week, and going around Superior was part of the trip.
Your RR showed me all the stuff I missed. Now I have to ride it again.
I was under a time crunch, so I took off from Blind River, Ont, and ended up going completely around and back into the US in one day. I was so tired I just pitched a tent down on the beach about 10 miles south of the Border.
My original plan was to camp in Thunder Bay, but there aren't any campgrounds!
I goofed around for a hour or more trying to find a place to camp (Garmin took me to a storage lot, across the neatest old bridge with RR tracks down the middle.)
I finally gave up and headed south.. No camping anywhere, it's all north of Thunder Bay..

Beautiful country, I will ride it again. Your RR shows all I missed, thanks for taking the time.

Jeff
Jeff,

I'd like to find out more about your trip when you find the time. I'm not sure where Blind River is and how far that you had to ride that day? I was also wondering where you started out from?

I wouldn't mind riding it myself, maybe even next summer. Anyway, thanks for your comments.

Gary
Old 08-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #40
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldone View Post
Jeff,

I'd like to find out more about your trip when you find the time. I'm not sure where Blind River is and how far that you had to ride that day? I was also wondering where you started out from?

I wouldn't mind riding it myself, maybe even next summer. Anyway, thanks for your comments.

Gary
Gary, I got your PM and replied. I just checked the maps again. It looks like it's 845 km from Blind River to Thunder Bay. I went a lot more than that driving around looking for a campsite, where none existed, then going down to the border, and on to the lake side "beach" campsite..
It was a long day..
Jeff
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)

MizzouRider screwed with this post 08-21-2011 at 04:41 PM
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #41
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Hwy 71

Jeff,

I rode down Hwy. 71 today and was thinking of how close you came to our place. The freeway going to Mpls./St. Paul is almost 100 miles from us so you must've put in another long day on the way there? I don't think I have those kinds of miles in me anymore!

Gary
Old 08-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #42
oldtrick
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Wonderful job! Enjoyed it.
oldtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:50 AM   #43
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Thanks much......

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrick View Post
Wonderful job! Enjoyed it.

Thanks for your comment.....These all help to make the efforts of doing one of these worthwhile. There's so many really great RR's with professional looking photos though that I really wonder if I should just not do anymore of these.

Gary
Old 08-26-2011, 06:18 AM   #44
jonsom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
There are professionals and non professionals (I am the later) and am sure that there are people that have not seen Lake Superior and it's magnificent scenery. Some day I hope to start my first ride report. They are a lot of work and much appreciated.
jonsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:19 AM   #45
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 8,014
Campgrounds

There is one on the Sleeping Giant, (ask for a spot on the backside of the lake, there's only seven right on Marie Louise Lake,and I mean RIGHT on thie lake) ,a KOA 2k from the city, Kakabeka Falls, Trowbridge Falls, almost right in the city(but closed right now, due to construction)
Other than the KOA, the signs to get them are pretty terrible, as is the case with most of the natural attractions around here.