User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 04:59 AM   #121
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Oddometer: 652
Look closely!

When out on a ride in the northern Minnesota woods the other day, I saw a huge black bear standing on it's hind legs right smack in the middle of the road as I was riding towards it! As I got to within 100 ft. or so it took off into the bushes but I got a photo as I rode by at 50 mph or so. You can see it's dark shadow in the bushes right above the white rocks or flowers. That darkest part is it's rump and to the right of that is it's head and shoulders, looking back at my bike. His head is right above the most white flowers or rocks and pretty much right in the center of my windshield and GPS bracket. I've seen black bears before but this one was huge! Think "BiG BEAR and you'll see it! It's really really there.....only a little hard to see! :-)

Oldone screwed with this post 08-16-2013 at 05:16 AM
Oldone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:40 AM   #122
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Big Bear!!

See it yet? Waaaay in the bushes above the white objects on the ground. The dark spot with the huge yellow eyes looking back at ya. Well, you can't actually see the eyes, but they must be there!! It stood sooooo tall right in the middle of the road, just waiting for me! Might still be there!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #123
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Update

Since it'll be three years since we did this ride, I honestly think that it's time to start planning for one more ride around this beautiful lake. Maybe this time I might consider going the other way around. It might be a little too early yet but still it's a good time to dream a little.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:18 AM   #124
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Map routes...

This is an idea that I came up with a few years ago just to add some fun to my rides. The circle is marked from our hometown in a 100 miles radius or in other words, 200 miles across and up and down. Each time I ride a road that I haven't been on before I mark it off with a marker. Of course many roads have been ridden many times so a total mileage isn't possible. Now that most of the roads have been ridden, it takes a ride of 200 miles or so just to get to the outside of the circle and back again. As a result, it's getting more and more difficult to get this finished up but I'm getting close. I think six or seven 300 mile rides will do it! I just thought someone might be interested in this.

photo 21f5dabd-a0d3-4657-b99e-0e137eb35e00.jpg
Old 09-21-2014, 07:22 AM   #125
oldNbold
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
I like this map idea. Id like it even more if I lived somewhere interesting.