Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #46
MrsDonkeys OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Blue View Post
I suspect you've settled in with your Gear Up. How are you doing? Still happy with Boris?

Any more adventures?
I am still loving Boris. He is due for a service but I am waiting on Mr. Donkey to get home to help me with that. It has a tiny oil leak which I am concern about, but that seems to be a fairly normal occurrence.

I went on an adventure for National Ural Rally day. That was really cool. My friend and I even got a monkey to ride in the sidecar. That was awesome.

I can't wait until I have time for another long ride, now that I am feeling a lot more comfortable on the bike.
MrsDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #47
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Oddometer: 938
Great RR Sunshine! That Gear Up looks awesome. I read that the Ural is a fun ride. I live close to the dealership in St. Louis, Dave Clark. May have to stop in and see one up close and in person.

Yep, the BRP is on my bucket list. A buddy of mine and I did a 10 state, 3000 mile road trip in his car in the summer of '79. We drove the all over the Northeast and Canada. The BRP was on our list to return and ride with our motorcycles. Still haven't gotten around to that list yet.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #48
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,040
Great report. Thanks for posting it. I can relate to your desire to adventure ride; I started my adventuring in 2005. I've been all over the continent. Rediscovering the nation through motorcycle travel is so sensual. I wish everybody would try it.

I have a 30 YO son who just recently had the same desire. He was a pro motorcycle racer for years so he saw the country, but from a hauler. Never rode a motorcycle anywhere. Last year he bought a Ural to go adventuring with his GF in the side car. He tried a few dirt trips in Vermont to measure the capability of the machine and he was impressed. In July he and his girl rode that Ural all through Baja. Really remote Baja too. He used my Spot tracker so we could rescue him if needed, but he made it back...barely

The bike was beat pretty badly. The spokes are all loose so the wheels are wobbly, the clutch bad, and needs a serious tune. They had the time of their lives, though. 14 days on the trail, fishing village to fishing village on both coasts of the Baja peninsula. Seriously stuck a few times in massive sand washes, but they loved it.

Fortunately, he has a tuner friend who is a master mechanic. You need one of those if you own a Ural.

Welcome to our little club and I am looking forward to your next RR.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote