User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2007, 02:24 AM   #1186
HappyGoLucky
Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Oddometer: 4,311
GS Girl

I will be your guide for that weekend of shark diving. I have done it, and can recommend a group. Lets stay in touch.

and thanks for the rest too - FLAn8tiv has dissapeared!

ai kerumba
Old 06-15-2007, 07:41 AM   #1187
GSGIRL
Neither here nor there

Oddometer: 5,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grootseun
The hospitals are more of a messs than usual..patients checking themselves out, some going missing..nothing out of the ordinary.. now only they have an excuse, blaming the strike and all..
That is the part that worries me as I make my living in that market. We've been waiting on some movement re a big gov't deal. This makes me worry that it will get pushed out even further. I know, I know, but one gets tired of hearing...'this is africa'

The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.

SmugMug Coupon: guwbixLxjaoTI
Save $5! I did!
GSGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:20 AM   #1188
Gruebane OP
Pawn Star

Oddometer: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGIRL
That is the part that worries me as I make my living in that market. We've been waiting on some movement re a big gov't deal. This makes me worry that it will get pushed out even further. I k
now, I know, but one gets tired of hearing...'this is africa'
GSGirl , every indication is that this strike will continue for a while still. the gap between employer an employees in wage terms is to big unless either party has a radical change of heart. seems unlikely but one never knows.

cheers
Old 06-15-2007, 08:23 AM   #1189
GSGIRL
Neither here nor there

Oddometer: 5,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruebane
GSGirl , every indication is that this strike will continue for a while still. the gap between employer an employees in wage terms is to big unless either party has a radical change of heart. seems unlikely but one never knows.

cheers
It's a shame. I met some real good people in some of the hospitals. But some of the conditions are deplorable.

The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.

SmugMug Coupon: guwbixLxjaoTI
Save $5! I did!
GSGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:13 AM   #1190
HappyGoLucky
Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

GSGirl

Wait till you go to the hospitals in the rural areas.... now we are talking about pure shame.

Hilde tells me that she has correctly identified diseases and such like things that were threatening patients lives where the doctors trained by MEDUNSA (sounds like dunce land to me), had absolutely no clue whatsoever.

After she raised the alarm to the only other doctor who had some training and who is severely overworked, the patient was saved. I hear this story around 2-3 times a month. And Hilde is a physio, not a doctor. Its skeery in the bush.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:23 AM   #1191
Gruebane OP
Pawn Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInTheOutdoors
GSGirl

Wait till you go to the hospitals in the rural areas.... now we are talking about pure shame.

Hilde tells me that she has correctly identified diseases and such like things that were threatening patients lives where the doctors trained by MEDUNSA (sounds like dunce land to me), had absolutely no clue whatsoever.

After she raised the alarm to the only other doctor who had some training and who is severely overworked, the patient was saved. I hear this story around 2-3 times a month. And Hilde is a physio, not a doctor. Its skeery in the bush.
Without trying to be overly political ,problem is most of our top doctors make their way overseas leaving a gap ..this gap is filled by cuban doctors an the like ....and some of the training centres in ZA have fallen foul of the need to "pass" as many doctors as possible...result sub standard doctors .... AA pratices are also seriously affecting the professionalism of doctors ....

I moderate exams for a local university(not medical) and i am apalled at some of the practices going on there regarding the "passing" of candidates...its a vicious circle as govt grants depend on pass rates so students are passed which failed....

These kind of policies are the scurge of AA and occur all over the world but i suspect worst here in ZA. Maybe that famous engineer that frequents the thread can comment on the engineering side.

Soap box away... and everyone sighs
Old 06-18-2007, 04:57 AM   #1192
HappyGoLucky
Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

the problem with that is peoples lives hang in the balance.... hell I am all for less people on earth but I am definately not cool with pseudo doctors playing roulette with sick people.

Lord.... ZA is in trouble
Old 06-18-2007, 08:56 AM   #1193
maverick
Lost South-African..

Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by michnus
Verdomde useless hacker het ons site weer kom opbliksem
Hence the reason I haven't posted combined with several other work related issues - nothing personal
Old 06-18-2007, 11:11 AM   #1194
Welshman
B.U.F.F.

Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Without trying to be overly political ,problem is most of our top doctors make their way overseas leaving a gap ..this gap is filled by cuban doctors an the like ....and some of the training centres in ZA have fallen foul of the need to "pass" as many doctors as possible...result sub standard doctors .... AA pratices are also seriously affecting the professionalism of doctors ....

I moderate exams for a local university(not medical) and i am apalled at some of the practices going on there regarding the "passing" of candidates...its a vicious circle as govt grants depend on pass rates so students are passed which failed....

These kind of policies are the scurge of AA and occur all over the world but i suspect worst here in ZA. Maybe that famous engineer that frequents the thread can comment on the engineering side.

Soap box away... and everyone sighs
Lets just say that I have read CV,s of an Engineering Degree or a Masters Degree from the "University of the North" is followed by "Eskom Trainee" in the CV followed by worked as a Driver?

If a utility cannot use him, what chance have I got?

Does not always cut it, in defense I am confused, most of the Zimbabwe,s electricity department have applied to me for jobs, qualified engineer up there gets $8,000 a year equivalent, must be some good ones, but sifting it? Although how you calculate the payrate equivalence is difficult to me, a rolling 4500% inflation is tricky, they have month on month figures of 100%?

Welsh
Welshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #1195
flan8tive
Flea Tibet!

Oddometer: 2,188
Quote:

and thanks for the rest too - FLAn8tiv has dissapeared!

ai kerumba
Yoikes! I thought I mentioned I'd be "off the wire" for a bit...

Like a motorcycle, can I simply ship the laptop to you in pieces....?

Saves on road tax, eh?

80 Z50R

flan8tive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:52 AM   #1196
HappyGoLucky
Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

yay! Florida Native is back!!!

Thanks mate, you did inform me but it was longer than what I understood.

Thanks for replying thanks for helping out

Welsh, didnt quite understand what you were on about all the way through, but I wish you well with equivalency testing in terms of skills learned from different tertiary centres round Southern Africa
Old 06-19-2007, 03:04 AM   #1197
Welshman
B.U.F.F.

Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
yay! Florida Native is back!!!

Thanks mate, you did inform me but it was longer than what I understood.

Thanks for replying thanks for helping out

Welsh, didnt quite understand what you were on about all the way through, but I wish you well with equivalency testing in terms of skills learned from different tertiary centres round Southern Africa
Don,t worry, its just me trying to say "someone" has been busy selling Qualifications, or passing people who should not pass, in politically correct speak.

Welsh
Welshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #1198
HappyGoLucky
Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshman
Don,t worry, its just me trying to say "someone" has been busy selling Qualifications, or passing people who should not pass, in politically correct speak.

Welsh
sonofabitch...................
Old 06-20-2007, 02:57 AM   #1199
Gruebane OP
Pawn Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshman

Welsh
WEll it burns my bum this...here i mark papers and the student gets 30 % ....next moment said student gets 50%.... said student is 4th year level and WILL graduate and WILL due to AA policies become ganfully employed.... said student is horribly unqualified and incapable from a cerebral point of view as well....

this is the result of affirmative action policies and not restricted to ZA ...happens all over the world. REsearch that i have read regarding this in USA is frightening ..... in time it will be owrse here in ZA due to numbers ..
Old 06-20-2007, 05:52 AM   #1200
HappyGoLucky
Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Quote:
in time it will be owrse here in ZA due to numbers ..
sounds like it already is..........