ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 05:07 AM   #1
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,656
Route Suggestions Huntsville to Ellijay

I'm headed to Ellijay for the ADV dinner on Saturday and am looking for route suggestions. I have a rough (very rough) plan but am looking for inputs of places to see and roads to ride.

My plan is to Leave Huntsville around 9:00 am (CST) and head east on 72 - 35 - 40 to Cloudmont ski area. A ski area in Alabama is just something I have to see. Then ride to Mentone and head down through Little River Canyon. From there I have no plan except to find my way to Chatsworth and ride over 2/52 to Ellijay. I'd like to stay mostly on the pavement but a little easy gravel or dirt is OK, I won't be on a dual sport The less traffic and the more curves the better.

As you can see, I have plenty of time, around 7 1/2 hours, so I have time to kill and don't need to take the most direct route.

Nothing on this route is set in stone and I'd consider a completely different route.

Any suggestions?

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
Mike Honcho
Got Beaver?

Oddometer: 2,356
This is a little further east of the dinner site, but if you have time and have never been in the area, it's worth the trip. I'm going to run this tomorrow. If you come into Elijay, head north on 515 to Blue Ridge, pick up 60 and head in. Otherwise, I'm not familiar with many good roads in the NW GA area. 52 is a blast and you should be coming in at a great time. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow. Safe travels.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
This is a little further east of the dinner site, but if you have time and have never been in the area, it's worth the trip. I'm going to run this tomorrow. If you come into Elijay, head north on 515 to Blue Ridge, pick up 60 and head in. Otherwise, I'm not familiar with many good roads in the NW GA area. 52 is a blast and you should be coming in at a great time. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow. Safe travels.
Thanks, I've been riding that area for 20+ years. Some great roads but a little out of the way for this ride. I'm sure I'll find some good roads in NE Al and NW GA on the way. Looking forward to meeting you and tomorrow.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote