ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #91
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!
 
NICO's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Oddometer: 24,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
See, they should buy japanese made bandwagon cars.
NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #92
AC Swank
Banned
 
AC Swank's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Orange, CA 92865
Oddometer: 9,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICO View Post
If so, the fucking bandwagon will crumble under all the weight.
Be honest, did you really think the Saints were going to win the SB in 2010?

Before you reply, lier!
AC Swank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #93
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!
 
NICO's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Oddometer: 24,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair View Post
Be honest, did you really think the Saints were going to win the SB in 2010?

Before you reply, lier!
nope. In all honesty, I watch some of the Lions games and that is it until playoffs. I just don't have the time. Suffice it to say I suck at fantasy league play and any sort of sports gambling.



[Klay] liar [/Klay]
NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #94
]I)Money
D NOT I
 
]I)Money's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Central central.
Oddometer: 3,586
I think the Lions are definitely more for real than the Bills.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax
Yes, but everything you've ever posted in the basement indicates that you're certifiably crazy, so you don't count.

"Another road remains, but it provides no more. It can only take us away"
]I)Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #95
koncha
.
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Oddometer: 10,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
See, they should buy japanese made bandwagon cars.
That got an actual laugh out of me.
koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:47 AM   #96
DR Donk
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DR Donk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Western Michigan
Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICO View Post
If so, the fucking bandwagon will crumble under all the weight.
The bandwagon keeps rolling by me with more and more people climbing aboard..............but I'm still not convinced that the Lions won't break my heart like they did again and again and again!
DR Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #97
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!
 
NICO's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Oddometer: 24,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Donk View Post
The bandwagon keeps rolling by me with more and more people climbing aboard..............but I'm still not convinced that the Lions won't break my heart like they did again and again and again!
I watch and enjoy but will not get emotionally or financially invested again. I figure I've spent upwards of a fully decked out K1600GT in season tickets and all that goes along with attending over ten years worth of home games (and a few on the road). The only benefit I got from it was a great excuse to avoid Thanksgiving dinner with the asshole side of the family and a well trained liver.

I will continue to enjoy watching. This is shaping up to be an entertaining year.
NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #98
1LIFE2LIVE OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
1LIFE2LIVE's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICO View Post
The only benefit I got from it was a great excuse to avoid Thanksgiving dinner with the asshole side of the family and a well trained liver.

.



Sundays game at Dallas will be a good test for the Lions; me thinks it will be a Blow out either way - win or lose...
1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #99
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!
 
NICO's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Oddometer: 24,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LIFE2LIVE View Post



Sundays game at Dallas will be a good test for the Lions; me thinks it will be a Blow out either way - win or lose...
Who are you and what did you do with 1L2L's font?








Yes, I think the Dallas game will be very telling. I would be very surprised to see QB/receiver miscommunications again. O-Line needs some help and I put this squarely on the coaching staff and coordinator. If Backus is getting railroaded, you gotta get him some help. A simple chip from the TE coming off the ball will go a long way toward helping him and completing some plays when they need it. Not getting a winded Backus help in the 4th quarter almost cost Detroit the game.
NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #100
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer
 
wannaklr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Back In Iowa. Quad Cities to be exactish..
Oddometer: 7,373
Dallas looked horrible against the Skins. Detroit really needs this win though.


I was in Detroit (well Novi) when the Lions beat Dallas in the playoffs. Interesting group of fans to be around. None of them wanted to root to hard there towards the end. I think they thought they would jinx it.
__________________
Back in Iowa!
I like my music like I like my women. Loud, angry and with bagpipes!

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #101
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!
 
NICO's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Oddometer: 24,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaklr View Post
Dallas looked horrible against the Skins. Detroit really needs this win though.


I was in Detroit (well Novi) when the Lions beat Dallas in the playoffs. Interesting group of fans to be around. None of them wanted to root to hard there towards the end. I think they thought they would jinx it.
Like touching a hot stove. All it takes is getting burned once.

The vibe changed when they moved into Ford Field. The Silverdome was party central, always good for some drunken brawls, both in the stands and the parking lot.
NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #102
Gham
Beastly Adventurer
 
Gham's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Auburn Hills,MI.
Oddometer: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICO View Post
Like touching a hot stove. All it takes is getting burned once.

The vibe changed when they moved into Ford Field. The Silverdome was party central, always good for some drunken brawls, both in the stands and the parking lot.
The spill-over effect into the local bars was more amusing too,kinda miss it,not the traffic though
__________________
Member 6204

Society Historicus Revisioniscus
Gham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #103
1LIFE2LIVE OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
1LIFE2LIVE's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Oddometer: 1,042
Great Weekend for Michigan/Detroit Fans

Wolverines 5 - 0, Spartans over Ohio State in Ohio, Lions now 4 - 0 with another Impressive comeback road win this time in Dallas all WIN & the Tigers split with the Yankees with their Victory in New York earlier today

This Detroit Lion Team is Not the same old Lions & it will be a Blast watching them next week on Monday Night Football vs. the Bears at Home


1LIFE2LIVE screwed with this post 10-02-2011 at 05:18 PM
1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #104
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!
 
NICO's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Oddometer: 24,685
Good win.

I am sending Tony Romo a 'Thank You' card and a box of chocolates first thing in the morning. Dallas' O-Coordinator gets props as well.

Detroit's defense definitely deserves Tuesday off.
NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #105
AC Swank
Banned
 
AC Swank's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Orange, CA 92865
Oddometer: 9,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICO View Post
Good win.

I am sending Tony Romo a 'Thank You' card and a box of chocolates first thing in the morning. Dallas' O-Coordinator gets props as well.

Detroit's defense definitely deserves Tuesday off.
So you're jumping back on the bandwagon?
AC Swank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014