User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 01:06 AM   #631
hitchiker_forever OP
Crazy

Oddometer: 159
Just thought I'd chime in again

Finally got into the Sierras after 2 years of waiting.

South Face of Charlotte Dome

Charlotte Dome

Seriously missing the bike though, never really realized how nice it was to get across a state on 15 bucks of gas...

hitchiker_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:34 AM   #632
wee-twin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
You were my inspiration when I did my NY to Oregen trip this august. I bought my atlas right before I left, packed the day I left, and slept in my tent when I got tired. Really no prep and had the best trip of my life.
wee-twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #633
George 99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by wee-twin View Post
You were my inspiration when I did my NY to Oregen trip this august. I bought my atlas right before I left, packed the day I left, and slept in my tent when I got tired. Really no prep and had the best trip of my life.
Do you have a Road Report, wee-twin? Always interested in such.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #634
wee-twin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
I consider doing a RR, but never took the time to take notes. Yea, I remember some stuff, but it is the little thoughts or experiences I should have written down. Feel free to pm me as I do not want to hijack this thread.

Bill
wee-twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #635
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,324
I think Geology will allow travel to different places around the world, and seems to be a smart pick.

Any time you can make money doing what you enjoy is a win.

Thank you for the great ride report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchiker_forever View Post
Thanks!
I'm currently a prospective geology major but things change so I'll see what happens in the next two years.

I know right, its funny how these things work out. I made sure to take a lot of pictures this time unlike last time .
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #636
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,486
Quote:
I'm currently a prospective geology major but things change so I'll see what happens in the next two years.
I am a PG for 25 years. I wished I would have chosen something different but each to his own. Be patient in deciding what you want to do when you get all "growed" up. Maybe a RTW first and then decide?
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #637
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by wee-twin View Post
I consider doing a RR, but never took the time to take notes. Yea, I remember some stuff, but it is the little thoughts or experiences I should have written down. Feel free to pm me as I do not want to hijack this thread.

Bill
That is the way I do motorcycle trips. Too much preparing can make the trip a lot less fun.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #638
AJxr

Oddometer: 928
this needs to get back to the top. greatest adventure on this site!

What would Magoo do?
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #639
hitchiker_forever OP
Crazy

Oddometer: 159
Friend is writing and hitchiking/biking/sailing to Brazil for the World Cup

Friend is writing and hitchiking/biking/sailing to Brazil from SoCal for the World Cup, pretty interesting stuff if you guys are interested.

Heres his blog:
brianxkim.com

hitchiker_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #640
George 99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchiker_forever View Post
Friend is writing and hitchiking/biking/sailing to Brazil from SoCal for the World Cup, pretty interesting stuff if you guys are interested.

Heres his blog:
brianxkim.com
Great pics, not much text. Will be fun to watch as he continues south.

I've been reading Travel Bug Blues' blog, it's a fun read. She has both travel and life info, worth a read. She's in South America with friends right now.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #641
SavannahCapt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Just found this report last week. Great job. Hope things are going well in school. I am impressed with your writing skill and when you mentioned studying Geology, it brought to mind James A. Michener, who had that background.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:45 AM   #642
DeepBarney
Nubile Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
Thumb

Its 3:45 in the morning... I don't know what time I started reading this. Sometime after more parts for my Trail 90 arrived in the mail and before I went and sold my '70 CL175 this evening.

Anyways... I can't stress how much I loved reading this. The joy I felt, the pangs I suffered, the full multitude of human emotions really from reading this just blew me away. I LEARNED insightful life lesson philosophies from simply reading this. I can't say enough about the way in which you write. I consider myself lucky to have had this RR suggested to me. The fact that you were able to relate to us with such stark clarity the whole of your experience is an immeasurable feat in the world of writing.

I was once told I should never give up writing (something I was very passionate about in the end of my HS years and start of my college years) by multiple people. However life and naysayers caused me to give up that passion and I switched my major to geology.

I loved geology, the people in it (typically more outdoorsy and outgoing, even a few 'free spirits'), and for the most part I like where its taken me in life. However at the same time my wanderlust is stirring and... Ok, to be honest after reading this its more akin to a can of pop that was ran on a paint shaker for six hours, but anywho...

I guess what I mean to say is now seriously in part because of your ride report and what its taught me, I think I'm going to try to start traveling the world and journaling as I do. Maybe do a trip down south the border on my ol' ct90. Probably take a year long work holiday in OZ. Volunteer with the peace corps or doctors without borders. Maybe somewhere during all that settle in Vietnam for awhile and teach english.

I'd just like to thank you for inspiring me, and for being another person to ring the bell that tells the soul "In your life, you always have the option to live the adventure YOU want to live."

My spirit guide is Jeremy Clarkson yelling "POWWERRR!!!"

Wherever it is I'm heading, I'll get there somehow, at some point.
DeepBarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:31 PM   #643
Cowboy
Ceteris non Paribus

Oddometer: 3,266
What a great Ride Report. I wish I'd known you were passing through. I'd have gladly put you up for a night or five, and helped you with parts if you needed them. I lived in Laramie when you passed through there, and had two CT90s and a few boxes of parts sitting around unused. If you're ever passing through Elizabeth . . .

Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #644
JettPilot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
When this ride was going on, I posted about the unstability and dangers of haning out with the homeless that the author was talking about. I ran across this today... Some homeless are good people down on their luck.... The vast majority are homeless for a very serious drug abuse, and mental illness problems.

Bike rider on ‘bucket list’ trip from Maryland to Miami fatally stabbed

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/03...tally-stabbed/

Mike
JettPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:43 AM   #645
Starkmojo
Chief Totberry

Oddometer: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
When this ride was going on, I posted about the unstability and dangers of haning out with the homeless that the author was talking about. I ran across this today... Some homeless are good people down on their luck.... The vast majority are homeless for a very serious drug abuse, and mental illness problems.

Bike rider on ‘bucket list’ trip from Maryland to Miami fatally stabbed

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/03...tally-stabbed/

Mike
Totally unrelated to this thread... dude you lose at the internets...
Rule number one kid is don't be a dumbass like your old man
Starkmojo is online now   Reply With Quote