ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2014, 06:39 AM   #1
Nefari OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Trailer Parking Robbinsville, NC area

In a few weeks will be trailering to the Robbinsville NC area, then riding through central Tennessee for a few days. I plan on staying at a hotel the first and last days, so parking the trailer won't be an issue then, but would like to know where I can park on the 3 days I'm on the bike. Anyone know a biker friendly hotel that will allow the car and trailer to sit between stays? I don't mind if there is a reasonable charge. Are there any other agencies or businesses that provide trailer parking in the area?
Nefari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 4,937
check with the folks at phillps

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,519
on hwy 74 along side the Nantahala River--20 miles from Robbinsivle-- is the BIG NANTAHALA CAMPGROUND. he has boats/trailers/cars parked across the street. i'm sure you could park there, especially if you are willing to pay $. He's a good ol boy, trying to make a living. that was my favorite campground years ago.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #4
Nefari OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I did end up staying at the Phillips. Great price for a decent room and really friendly service. However, I didn't tow as the weather was going to turn bad for the last half of or trip and I wanted the option of returning through the Georgia lowlands and not have to return to Robbinsville in snow or rain. I'd certainly stay at Phillips again, especially if I had a group with me. The camping option is intriguing me as well, and that seems to be the budget-friendly way to travel.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Pictures from the ride:
http://argonautilus.tumblr.com/
Nefari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #5
5 speed
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
Im trying something a little different in that I am leaving my rig in commerce GA and riding the rest of the way up into the mountains. Found a storage firm that will let me park in their secure area for 20.00 for 5 days which is fine, may leave more stuff in my truck in this case such as tools, laptop etc that I might not have brought if just parked in the open somewhere. Like you, didnt want to have to traverse or backtrack if I am say at the other end of the Parkway, weather bad, etc.
5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote