ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #16
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 198
I'm still pissed about the Latte comment... I drink lattes but I can still shoot the top off a tulip while riding sidesaddle... Wait, this isn't gonna help my manly image either...

Anyolehow... I am just getting back into riding and am on a big ole gs so I am looking for some good traing trails just a touvh above fs roads. Since I am a noob and local it would be great to have a resources for finding trails thay everyone else assumes everyone else knows about.

Tips on finnding any local trails thay are not secret handshake.onlytrails would be appreceated.

DriftDrago
DriftDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #17
crpntr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Broken Fork Rd

I go to Prentice Cooper once a month so I just had to go check this out. Pretty good description Ruf. Didn't see any mobile meth labs or piles of used needles but every person I saw in there was armed. Except one guy and I'm guessing from the looks of him, he didn't need a gun. The trails were really cool and tons and tons of deep sand. All the trails on the left side looped out to overlooks with great views. There was someone parked at the end of almost all of them. I just waved and kept going. These folks didn't look like they wanted company, and being by myself, I didn't feel to chatty either. I did find some tough spots to get through but made them all (with a couple falls of course). A guy on a 4 wheeler led me through 2 woods trails that were awesome! I would like to go back, just not alone. Who owns the property? logging or private? After 1 1/2hr over there I finished the day at PC. Good riding to you fella's...

Old 11-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
makedust41
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Big Fork Signal Mountain or Suck Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanasiRob View Post
No Biggie man - I just worry about land owners getting miffed because of increased traffic in what is normally the middle of nowhere.
Landowner now enforcing NO TRESPASSING. We got busted last weekend and now face $1000 + fine and court costs. Looks like too many people ran their mouth and ruined a good thing! :-(
makedust41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #19
justscoutin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Dang, where'd you get busted at so nobody else does?
72 SL70
Save Aetna Offroad http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758193
justscoutin is offline   Reply With Quote